Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all academic now as Koeman is gone. But was he really a disappointment last season - people seemed pretty happy with him and he got the results? I'm not sure where you'd begin trying to compare Unsworth to Koeman. I'd be surprised if any other top flight team would approach Unsworth to be their manager - it's purely sentiment driven

Away form was atrocious last season mate, home form was boss though, cups, crap. All in all he did a decent job to get us 7th though.

Last edited:
Think he has done a good job a Burnley, more a steady appointment than an exciting one as you say, but less of a risk than the Watford guy in my opinion.
Then again I wanted Koeman so shows how much I know.

We’ve just taken you off the manager selection panel.........

I like the unnamed spokesman's comments from Watford as well, why didn't their chairman, DoF (if they have one) or owner come out and say it, that would give it real credence, but also if they then subsequently give in - it will be a massive stick to beat them with, an unnamed spokesman though, not quite the same degree of accountability to that is there?

Watford chairman is Scott Duxbury - not usually shy about seeing his name in the papers.

Surprised that so many are happy to leave Unsworth in charge. Performances have been no better than they were under Koeman, and between him and the incompetent director of football there's little to suggest that the right moves will be made in January.

I firmly believe that he'll take Everton down.

It's all academic now as Koeman is gone. But was he really a disappointment last season - people seemed pretty happy with him and he got the results? I'm not sure where you'd begin trying to compare Unsworth to Koeman. I'd be surprised if any other top flight team would approach Unsworth to be their manager - it's purely sentiment driven
Football was awful until Christmas, results started good and then were awful. Barkley and Lukaku started to play well (prob looking for moves) taking us into a nice 7th place finish and when they stopped we were awful again. Out of both cups in the first round. Out of Europe with our worst ever showing. Close to the bottom 3.

Yea he had to go and was a poor appointment. Any of Martinez's seasons were better including the last 2. We played better football and had 3 cup runs. I know people may disagree and I can understand that because of what they see at Goodison every week has a huge influence but that's my view.

I like the look of Silva & would be delighted to get him, but I do hope the club don’t volunteer for yet another dry bumming, which seems to have become the norm now (Koeman, Williams, Bolasie, Sigurdsson)....

If Watford want silly money, just walk away, agree a contract with Silva for next season, get fat Sam in for the rest of this season.

I would love to do business with Everton at the moment. Candy from a baby....

I like the look of Silva & would be delighted to get him, but I do hope the club don’t volunteer for yet another dry bumming, which seems to have become the norm now (Koeman, Williams, Bolasie, Sigurdsson)....

If Watford want silly money, just walk away, agree a contract with Silva for next season, get fat Sam in for the rest of this season.

I would love to do business with Everton at the moment. Candy from a baby....

He's not going to walk away from the Jungle for a short term contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back