Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why wouldn’t Everton be interested?

SourJauntyDove-max-1mb.gif

City PSG Chelsea ( back in the day ) proved that money can attract the best to a club during a mediocre spell

I kind of broadly agree with most of your post, however the difference between us and city/psg/chelsea is the fact that they didn't have 6 stable and well established clubs that are able to generate piles of cash themselves. We can't go and get the best as the best have multiple options to go to first, leaving us with maybe stars that have aged (Rooney) or potential stars (Pickford) or more likely the best that the other teams don't want or have already tried. (Sigurdsson)

When Chelsea became a top club they had Man utd and Arsenal that were really streets ahead, the RS were good, Leeds had entered their final meltdown, so they just needed to be better than Newcastle and Villa to get CL and start attracting better and bigger players.

Man city emerged just after the RS and Arsenal started to falter, they had their neighbours and Chelsea as the main competitors. They just needed one of those to have a bad season and they would be in the CL and on the up and up path

We need 3 clubs to fail at one time as it stands, but all have the highest class of manager, all are willing to spend reasonable money, all have recent success in winning or finishing runners up in a competition. We need something to break the monopoly of these teams, be it a rich owner pulling the plug and hoping no one buys them that still wants to spend big (city and chelsea) or manager changes. (utd, arsenal and spurs) Everton just has to be ready to pick up the pieces the next time when 2/3 of these teams go through a rough transition patch. When will that happen, god knows. They may be one or two that dip at once but for three or more to go at the same time has got to be rare and we already had that recently when Leicester won it.

It's pretty obvious that Moshiri's plans are not on track. Losing £45m (Niasse and Barkley), not getting the 'free' ground (ie they build it, only 1 possible tenant) through the commonwealth games, massive payout for Koeman.

It looks like Moshiri has tired of throwing money around (actually it felt like that in the summer really, given the sales policy supporting the buying policy)

Shitty little clubs like Palace, Leicester and West Ham have acted quickly and we've behaved like we cannot attract anyone so it is obvious there is penny pinching going on, either related to terms or possibly available transfer monies for January.

Moshiri appears to have a stab at breaking the glass ceiling and now, having not cracked it with Koeman, accepted that Everton's ambitions are to stay in the PL, what else would explain the level of players and managers we are constantly linked with now. Maybe Usmanov wants his money back now the ground is stalling and the 'gift' is in the open.

If we get pumped by Palace does that increase the boards desperation for a manager?

Yes it would make it very real for them and show the miraculous and fortunate comeback for what it was, just temporarily covering over the growing chasm like cracks in our team and confidence.

I'm dreading the Royle-Unsworth team announcement and no Vlasic two number tens and no idea.

Palace have improved despite a horrendous fixture list and beat Chelsea as well as restricting Spurs last game week. Zaha and Benteke against the type of team Joe Royle/Unsworth have been picking just spells trouble.

I can easily see 3-0 to Palace and am trying to be realistic rather than pessimistic, obviously I hope I'm completely wrong and we do something but that's listening to my heart and not head

All this talk of Unsworth being Joe Royle's man just fills me with dread, I really fear keeping them on for much longer.

A bad defeat and even a temporary six month manager might seem better than them.

It's pretty obvious that Moshiri's plans are not on track. Losing £45m (Niasse and Barkley), not getting the 'free' ground (ie they build it, only 1 possible tenant) through the commonwealth games, massive payout for Koeman.

It looks like Moshiri has tired of throwing money around (actually it felt like that in the summer really, given the sales policy supporting the buying policy)

Shitty little clubs like Palace, Leicester and West Ham have acted quickly and we've behaved like we cannot attract anyone so it is obvious there is penny pinching going on, either related to terms or possibly available transfer monies for January.

Moshiri appears to have a stab at breaking the glass ceiling and now, having not cracked it with Koeman, accepted that Everton's ambitions are to stay in the PL, what else would explain the level of players and managers we are constantly linked with now. Maybe Usmanov wants his money back now the ground is stalling and the 'gift' is in the open.

Yes mate, hes utterly sick of throwing money around, thats why hes just offered a club 10m for their manager, I mean he could have got Moyes, Big Sam for nothing, but hes so sick of throwing money around hes got the club throwing money at somebody he feels is the right man.

Shame on him.

Whoever the new manager is would it be possible to have the successful applicant taken to the boardroom upon his signing of a performance related contract, to be told by a faceless friend of Moshiri who has a white cat on his knee that 'we do not tolerate failure in this organisation'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back