Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said a few weeks ago I think our next manager could be totally from under the radar. Dyche has the job then Sam and now Silva. Chinese Super League ends soon coincidence? Could be someone from there like Villas Boas Pellegrini or even an outsider like Capello.
How about Irelands chap O'Neill

Going to have to be Silva otherwise the club are going to look very foolish having made a public play for the man

Not overwhelmed but then Moyes didnt do it for me either back in the day

..I don’t have a clue who we should get, it’s not quite a lottery but every appointment carries risk. I don’t mind an £8m compensation package given what is forked out for players, only time would tell if it was worth it.

I have an insight into the first team set up at Hull and they were a total basket case last season when Silva took over. My main concern would be Unsworth. I thought he deserved a shot at the post but i’ve not seen any light at the end of the tunnel. It might simply be that no manager can get a tune out of this group but at least somebody new might get a bounce that gives us the 3 or 4 wins we need before the January window.
A manager can get a tune out of this group but they need to be a good coach and be able to work with the players on the training ground. The problem that Unsworth has had and any one would have had is that he just hasn't had any time, 4 games in 12 days with 3 of them away just leaves you little time to get through the required work on the training ground. The situation isn't going to get any easier as we have midweek games from now until the 13th December, then the Swansea game which should have been on the 16th has been moved to Monday night meaning there is not a full week between games until some time in the new year! Really you want a game on the sat/sunday then a clear week of training then another game on sat/sund. Basically he needs more time to work with them where it counts. I hope he gets it, then we can judge him. I made this point before he took charge and its still true. I think the likely situation is that we will see a mixture of up and down performances with gradual improvement.

If you look at when Silva took over at Hull on the 5th January, he had 9 days until his first game, then he had 8 days before his second game, then 10 days before his 3rd game, his 4th game 3 days later, then 7 days until his 5th game. That is night and day from what Unsworth has had to work with and that's the time that you need to really work with players on the training ground.

A manager can get a tune out of this group but they need to be a good coach and be able to work with the players on the training ground. The problem that Unsworth has had and any one would have had is that he just hasn't had any time, 4 games in 12 days with 3 of them away just leaves you little time to get through the required work on the training ground. The situation isn't going to get any easier as we have midweek games from now until the 13th December, then the Swansea game which should have been on the 16th has been moved to Monday night meaning there is not a full week between games until some time in the new year! Really you want a game on the sat/sunday then a clear week of training then another game on sat/sund. Basically he needs more time to work with them where it counts. I hope he gets it, then we can judge him. I made this point before he took charge and its still true. I think the likely situation is that we will see a mixture of up and down performances with gradual improvement.

If you look at when Silva took over at Hull on the 5th January, he had 9 days until his first game, then he had 8 days before his second game, then 10 days before his 3rd game, his 4th game 3 days later, then 7 days until his 5th game. That is night and day from what Unsworth has had to work with and that's the time that you need to really work with players on the training ground.

Thing for me is Unsworth hasn't looked like he's got a style of play that he wants to work on and drill into them.
2 wingers one game, none the next. Gylfi up front, 3 defensive midfielders.. it's just been a mish mash of ideas, actually, exactly the same as what Koeman was doing.

Thing for me is Unsworth hasn't looked like he's got a style of play that he wants to work on and drill into them.
2 wingers one game, none the next. Gylfi up front, 3 defensive midfielders.. it's just been a mish mash of ideas, actually, exactly the same as what Koeman was doing.
Agree with this. It’s as if he’s been too mindful of the fact that he had to make an impact in a short space of time if he wanted the job. This led him to panic and change any style of play he tried to implement as soon as we hit trouble in a match. Maybe the security of knowing he’s got until the end of the season will give him more courage in his conviction. However id that was his interview he hasn’t done enough to convince me.

TBF to Unsworth I don’t think he had the time. 4 matches in quick succession. Once finished playing in Europe and some free time between games I think this squad of will improve considerably.

He's trying things out, trying to find a mixture of players/formations that work. He hasn't been helped by having Keane out injured for some of that and having to rely on Williams. The Lyon game was effectively a write off as he made it clear he was prioritising the League game against Watford, which was fair enough. In all of the games he has had tried to implement a lot more high pressing, it hasn't always worked. These things take time before they click. I disagree with you about doing the same as Koeman. For a start he has tried to play a settled defence; we've basically had Kenny, Baines and Jagielka playing most games (Lyon excepted which was written off) and I suspect that Keane will continue playing alongside Jags. If Unsworth was changing how we play every game and changing the defence every game after being 20 games in charge then I'll agree with you about him doing the same as Koeman.

We may regret the knee jerk response to the 2-5 Arse defeat...There was clearly no plan B to install a new manager and the board just dithered in the best Moyes tradition hoping that Unsworth would turn it round and they wouldn't have to find an alternative. Hence the speculation amongst fans, media etc ranging from the unatainable (Simeone, Ancelloti etc) and the undesirable (Fat sam, Dyche, O'Neill etc). We are winging it atm praying that Unsworth has a bit more luck like Watford but its looking grim if thats our plan...Silva can do one as well.. Ta Mosh and Kenwrighty..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back