Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually glad we haven't rushed into a Sam appt. I was even thinking before the Watford game that we should appoint him. But that game has shown us that (I know was lucky, but normally relegation teams get no luck) we aren't that far behind in points terms. Waiting will I hope prevent the relegation mentality that a Sam or Dyche would bring. I think Farhad has been strong here. I may eat my words but at the moment this I feel is true. We also know that we can't do too much different unit Jan anyway

Unsy until the window, minimum.

I just think everton are trying to force unsworth on us as the full time boss,and with each win, when we do actually win,they think they have a case,even if he was in charge for next 2/3/4 whatever,i still dont want him,,if they dont get silva as boss,will they then turn to dyche etc

Would Dyche be happy to be about 5th or 6th choice with 90% of Everton fans against him from the start? At least the Burnley fans were prepared to give him a FAIR chance after the soft Eddie Howe had us heading towards League One...conceding nearly 3 goals a game.

Edit: Sorry 97% AGAINST according to poll.:)

Would Dyche be happy to be about 5th or 6th choice with 90% of Everton fans against him from the start? At least the Burnley fans were prepared to give him a FAIR chance after the Eddie Howe had us heading towards League One...conceding nearly 3 goals a game.
wouldnt know,no one knows what order he was in really-we can say most names and say they were above dyche etc,just all guess work really,i for one would not mind Dyche myself and would have him more than silva,but thats just me,,think whoever we have as boss,think 90 % of us Everton fans will be against whoever from the start lol plus lets not forget about poll above,there so manyPolls in new threads in different parts of the foum so more than above etc

Would Dyche be happy to be about 5th or 6th choice with 90% of Everton fans against him from the start? At least the Burnley fans were prepared to give him a FAIR chance after the soft Eddie Howe had us heading towards League One...conceding nearly 3 goals a game.

Its not that 97% are against, its just that we "prefer" other, some, unrealistic options.

If we wanted Dyche I would presume it would have already been done, not a chance he touches us now tho, nobody wants to appear to be an afterthought or "3rd best".

Im sure the money offered would make him think, but its very unlikely at this point.

While I also dont think Silva is the messiah. I do think it's unfair to just say "He went down with Hull"...The reality is they were dead and buried before he arrived and he gave that club hope until very late on in the season. Put up a bit of a fight.

Indeed.

But having got them into a position where they were favourites to stay up, Hull totally collapsed in the last few weeks of the season.

Consider this.

With three games to go Hull were two points clear of Swansea in 18th place.

They were playing already relegated Sunderland at home.

They lost.

They lost their last two games as well.

In fact, they took a mere four points from their last six games.

That is a serious collapse and cannot be dressed up, dismissed or otherwise spun to suggest this fellow is just the man we need if we are indeed to be involved in a relegation struggle.

Plus the wheels seem to have come off at Watford since they got up into fourth place in September.

They have taken seven points from their last seven games......losing the last three in a row :Blink:

I really cannot see what the fuss is here :(

This and followed by a new manager gets my top 4 dream back on lol
I think City Manure Chelsea and Spurs ( probably but not necessarily in that order have top 4 nailed.
A good manager , 3 decent signings in Jan , Barkley , Bolassie and Seamus back and we can fight the evil Barstewards and Arsenal for 5/6/7 place and maybe a decent run in the cup
Knowing Everton it’ll be Rhino till the end of the season , a CF on loan Barkley leaves , Bolassie and Seamus get injury setbacks Darlington knock us out of the FA cup at Goodison and we finish 17 th

While I also dont think Silva is the messiah. I do think it's unfair to just say "He went down with Hull"...The reality is they were dead and buried before he arrived and he gave that club hope until very late on in the season. Put up a bit of a fight.

I like Silva, seems to me he might have something...............but, I find it interesting that the smart sophisticated foreign manager still got relegated, he improved results, and ‘put up a fight’ but still went down. Yet, and in no way am I suggesting Bif Fat Sam, he got an awful Sunderland side to put up a ridiculous run of form and STAY UP, yet he’s ridiculed. For me, Silva hasn’t done enough to convince, he needs to prove himself over a longer period, he might just be one of them managers that has a 1/2 decent start and I think it would be wrong to employ him just on that. Sean Dyche has proven himself over a longer period with a small club.

Friend, please don't take the numbers seriously. I mean for Christ's sake Simeone is listed as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back