Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think City Manure Chelsea and Spurs ( probably but not necessarily in that order have top 4 nailed.
A good manager , 3 decent signings in Jan , Barkley , Bolassie and Seamus back and we can fight the evil Barstewards and Arsenal for 5/6/7 place and maybe a decent run in the cup
Knowing Everton it’ll be Rhino till the end of the season , a CF on loan Barkley leaves , Bolassie and Seamus get injury setbacks Darlington knock us out of the FA cup at Goodison and we finish 17 th

That's Everton lol

We both know our way round a bookies mate, have you ever seen such a market, where so many have gone odds on, only to be virtual non runners within days like next Everton manager market ?

No ones got a clue outside the club.

In fact, I'd suggest, no ones got a clue inside it either.

..it’s crazy. The only point I will make is that the eventual appointment will be backed off the boards in the days/hours leading up to it. As you say, Allardyce, Unsworth and Silva have been odds-on at some point. To be fair, Unsworth and Silva remain 2-1 favourites. False dawns so far.

Indeed.

But having got them into a position where they were favourites to stay up, Hull totally collapsed in the last few weeks of the season.

Consider this.

With three games to go Hull were two points clear of Swansea in 18th place.

They were playing already relegated Sunderland at home.

They lost.

They lost their last two games as well.

In fact, they took a mere four points from their last six games.

That is a serious collapse and cannot be dressed up, dismissed or otherwise spun to suggest this fellow is just the man we need if we are indeed to be involved in a relegation struggle.

Plus the wheels seem to have come off at Watford since they got up into fourth place in September.

They have taken seven points from their last seven games......losing the last three in a row :Blink:

I really cannot see what the fuss is here :(
Reasonable points, only conceded one less goal than us as well. Which is why I don't think it does any harm to wait until the summer. More time to weigh up the alternatives and also to see how Silva performs.

..it’s crazy. The only point I will make is that the eventual appointment will be backed off the boards in the days/hours leading up to it. As you say, Allardyce, Unsworth and Silva have been odds-on at some point. To be fair, Unsworth and Silva remain 2-1 favourites. False dawns so far.
Dyche went 1/3 too.

If we pay £8m in compo for Watfords gaffer, were in crazy land, if we weren't already.

Dyche went 1/3 too.

If we pay £8m in compo for Watfords gaffer, were in crazy land, if we weren't already.

..I don’t have a clue who we should get, it’s not quite a lottery but every appointment carries risk. I don’t mind an £8m compensation package given what is forked out for players, only time would tell if it was worth it.

I have an insight into the first team set up at Hull and they were a total basket case last season when Silva took over. My main concern would be Unsworth. I thought he deserved a shot at the post but i’ve not seen any light at the end of the tunnel. It might simply be that no manager can get a tune out of this group but at least somebody new might get a bounce that gives us the 3 or 4 wins we need before the January window.

..I don’t have a clue who we should get, it’s not quite a lottery but every appointment carries risk. I don’t mind an £8m compensation package given what is forked out for players, only time would tell if it was worth it.

I have an insight into the first team set up at Hull and they were a total basket case last season when Silva took over. My main concern would be Unsworth. I thought he deserved a shot at the post but i’ve not seen any light at the end of the tunnel. It might simply be that no manager can get a tune out of this group but at least somebody new might get a bounce that gives us the 3 or 4 wins we need before the January window.
We're trying to get lucky with a few wins IMO.
Pass a bit of time.
Thing is, this year is tough. Proper tough. Bum teams winning games.
Palace away, right now, not a few weeks ago.. Is tough.
I couldn't even name you our captain for Saturday, let alone our team.
Wazza may well pop up with one for us.
But the fact our tickets for aways are easily available on here is a clear indication to me that interest isn't there right now and we all need some forward announcement. If that is Unsy, do it ffs !

I said a few weeks ago I think our next manager could be totally from under the radar. Dyche has the job then Sam and now Silva. Chinese Super League ends soon coincidence? Could be someone from there like Villas Boas Pellegrini or even an outsider like Capello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back