Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thing for me is Unsworth hasn't looked like he's got a style of play that he wants to work on and drill into them.
2 wingers one game, none the next. Gylfi up front, 3 defensive midfielders.. it's just been a mish mash of ideas, actually, exactly the same as what Koeman was doing.

It's because hebwas no idea what is required at the top level. I've been saying this for weeks but it's like he is stepping up from league 2/conference level to the top level and of course he will struggle. He may get some positive results because the players are much better individually than the league table shows.

Which is essentially the issue, we aren't a team and the longer unsworth has to tell all of the first team he doesn't like he won't play them over the reserves then the more damage he will do. For someone who knows the club and is worth a punt he has no idea or identity which is the sole reason koeman failed.

Agree with this. It’s as if he’s been too mindful of the fact that he had to make an impact in a short space of time if he wanted the job. This led him to panic and change any style of play he tried to implement as soon as we hit trouble in a match. Maybe the security of knowing he’s got until the end of the season will give him more courage in his conviction. However id that was his interview he hasn’t done enough to convince me.

TBF to Unsworth I don’t think he had the time. 4 matches in quick succession. Once finished playing in Europe and some free time between games I think this squad of will improve considerably.

He's trying things out, trying to find a mixture of players/formations that work. He hasn't been helped by having Keane out injured for some of that and having to rely on Williams. The Lyon game was effectively a write off as he made it clear he was prioritising the League game against Watford, which was fair enough. In all of the games he has had tried to implement a lot more high pressing, it hasn't always worked. These things take time before they click. I disagree with you about doing the same as Koeman. For a start he has tried to play a settled defence; we've basically had Kenny, Baines and Jagielka playing most games (Lyon excepted which was written off) and I suspect that Keane will continue playing alongside Jags. If Unsworth was changing how we play every game and changing the defence every game after being 20 games in charge then I'll agree with you about him doing the same as Koeman.

All of these views as an example is again just assuming unsworth is actually a good manager. There is no evidence of it, there has been not one moment or game where you think he could well be the right man. In my opinion he is essentially been made to look better by fans simply because he is a former player, any former player in this role would be getting the same treatment.

It's the same as any player from the reserves he will play, doesn't mean they are ready just because he plays them. But unless you are happyif the club announced the manager who won league 2 last season coming in then it's no different , probably worse for hiring such a inexperienced manager well out of his depth which I am confident time will prove.

We shouldn't be basing anything on sentiment, not one blue should be accepting or settling for unsworth. We should be wanting the best manager available no matter what. Jesus not even crap relegation fodder hire their academy manager in a relegation fight, how bad must our club be if that is the best we can come up with after a month?

If I'd known the search for a new boss would be so shambolic I'd have preferred keeping Koeman.

I somewhat agree.

Simply as the issue is shown to be down to the board/Walsh rather than koeman individually. Away from a allardyce system we would struggle no matter who was in charge right now unless brave calls were made.

What's the problem, we took Martinez after he failed to win his last three PL games
And got relegated
We also took the spine of that relegated team
We should be aiming higher than Silva if we indeed have ambition and as was said
Nothing will be the same.
We need a world class name to attract world class players.
People think nothing of paying 20-50 m for a player and paying him 150 k a week.
The manager is the most important person at a football club and getting the right one in is crucial.
I’d rather pay a Pep or a Mourinho 200k a week than 2 or 3 journeymen players who won’t omprove us.
We all laughed at Simeone’s name being mentioned but if we want to show ambition we have to aim that high
City PSG Chelsea ( back in the day ) proved that money can attract the best to a club during a mediocre spell

It's because hebwas no idea what is required at the top level. I've been saying this for weeks but it's like he is stepping up from league 2/conference level to the top level and of course he will struggle. He may get some positive results because the players are much better individually than the league table shows.

Which is essentially the issue, we aren't a team and the longer unsworth has to tell all of the first team he doesn't like he won't play them over the reserves then the more damage he will do. For someone who knows the club and is worth a punt he has no idea or identity which is the sole reason koeman failed.

All of these views as an example is again just assuming unsworth is actually a good manager. There is no evidence of it, there has been not one moment or game where you think he could well be the right man. In my opinion he is essentially been made to look better by fans simply because he is a former player, any former player in this role would be getting the same treatment.

It's the same as any player from the reserves he will play, doesn't mean they are ready just because he plays them. But unless you are happyif the club announced the manager who won league 2 last season coming in then it's no different , probably worse for hiring such a inexperienced manager well out of his depth which I am confident time will prove.

We shouldn't be basing anything on sentiment, not one blue should be accepting or settling for unsworth. We should be wanting the best manager available no matter what. Jesus not even crap relegation fodder hire their academy manager in a relegation fight, how bad must our club be if that is the best we can come up with after a month?

I somewhat agree.

Simply as the issue is shown to be down to the board/Walsh rather than koeman individually. Away from a allardyce system we would struggle no matter who was in charge right now unless brave calls were made.

not one blue should be accepting or settling for unsworth.
There is a huge difference between thinking that Unsworth should get the job on a temporary basis so we will have better options for a manager in the summer and your black and white assertion. I have yet to read any blue state that Unsworth should get the job permanently right now.

It's the same as any player from the reserves he will play, doesn't mean they are ready just because he plays them
Surely we all look at how that young player has performed on the pitch and take our judgement from that. From what I've seen he's been right to give Beni his debut and to stick with Jon Joe Kenny at right back for a run of games.

Which is essentially the issue, we aren't a team
Well we look more like a team than we did and if we aren't a team then how the hell did we manage to come back from a 2-0 deficit at home when we haven't done that in 23 years?

there has been not one moment or game where you think he could well be the right man
Really, not one moment, okay mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back