Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im guessing all will go quiet now until Monday/Tuesday then we will finally get Silva just in time for that friendly game against Atalanta!

I really want to believe the board are probably doing the right thing and doing due diligence and trying to ensure they make the right appointment...

My head however just says they are making a mockery out of the entire subject and probably in the board room doing charts and stats like that weirdo doing the The Universal Hot girl vs Crazy girl Matrix. (link if you haven't seen it - this is defo Kenwright )

I have absolutely no confidence in them making the right decision.

Unless they pull out Tommy Tuchel and then I love the lot of them....

Shambolic that we didn't have replacements up before we got shot of Lukaku and Koeman.

Good to see that this board is good at one thing ....incompetance!

.......Oh and we stick with unsworth for the season, we stay up, perhaps lower half and season over in August. What actually decent manager even looks twice at us? Never mind how much money we pay them....

This is the really pertinent part for me, keeping Unsworth and Joe Royle in charge, even temporarily for a few months, has all the signs of being potentially disastrous, not just for the current campaign which is rapidly descending into a desperate relegation struggle and probably already is, but for any future prospects of attracting any half decent manager.

The very immediate prospects for any new manager coming into our club of achieving a significant uplift in form before the window would be tough and only perhaps get more achievable later in the season, but leaving these two in charge could easily make us untouchable for anyone looking to further their career in management.

Keeping Unsworth and Royle in charge will probably make finding a better manager at the end of the season not easier but impossible

If they carry on picking the same teams with no Vlasic, usually two number tens and no real idea, seemingly discarding anyone he doesn't know too well or brought through, then they'll almost certainly just get the same performances and results and we'll be caught in a viscious circle of bad results lowering confidence making even worse results more likely.

This is the really pertinent part for me, keeping Unsworth and Joe Royle in charge, even temporarily for a few months, has all the signs of being potentially disastrous, not just for the current campaign which is rapidly descending into a desperate relegation struggle and probably already is, but for any future prospects of attracting any half decent manager.

The very immediate prospects for any new manager coming into our club of achieving a significant uplift in form before the window would be tough and only perhaps get more achievable later in the season, but leaving these two in charge could easily make us untouchable for anyone looking to further their career in management.

Keeping Unsworth and Royle in charge will probably make finding a better manager at the end of the season not easier but impossible

If they carry on picking the same teams with no Vlasic, usually two number tens and no real idea, seemingly discarding anyone he doesn't know too well or brought through, then they'll almost certainly just get the same performances and results and we'll be caught in a viscious circle of bad results lowering confidence making even worse results more likely.

lol lol lol

Finding it really funny watching younger blues go into meltdown thinking we are in threat of relegation, Christ they mustn't have been around during the 90's else they would REALLY know what a relegation season feels like, and this is far far from it

I was certainly around and remember those narrow escapes well, the Hans Segars help especially. While it seems comforting and reassuring that there's such a long way to go and anything that seems as though it could be inevitable now can quickly reverse in a few games, I can see ominous signs that even the possibility of such a scenario again scares me.

Taking action now before the problem gets out of hand looks by far the more sensible, calmer and better option to me and is possibly why the board seem to still be chasing different targets and not settling on giving these two (Unsworth and Royle) any sort of written temporary agreement.

How ironical that one of the architects of our 97 struggling side is one of the deadly duo in charge today.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back