Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it say that?

Considering it's the only news we have had from the club I imagine it's about Silva

Unless we are scared to go back and the lot of them are brainstorming a new manager

One of the reporters speaking to Unsworth said (the jist not word for word) "We know there is a board meeting today to discuss the managerial position, would you be delighted if they said it was yours until the end of the season"...

I haven't seen it reported anywhere or any ITK's (if there truly is any anymore) mention this so dunno if it was just knowledge at the presser.

Board meeting today apparently according to the presser....

Live Stream

muppets.webp

I don't think there is a real threat of relegation. I think that we should be good enough to stay up at least . Christmas is about six weeks away and in that time or very shortly after we should have Coleman, Bolasie, McCarthy and maybe Barkley as well to add to the current group and they added to the rest of the squad will certainly strengthen the team.

My concern is that we know we need a striker, cover at left back and a centre half and will the funds be provided to an interim manager to bring players to the club ?
Will any player worth his salt come to the club when he doesn't know who his long term manager will be ?

I don't think there is a real threat of relegation. I think that we should be good enough to stay up at least . Christmas is about six weeks away and in that time or very shortly after we should have Coleman, Bolasie, McCarthy and maybe Barkley as well to add to the current group and they added to the rest of the squad will certainly strengthen the team.

My concern is that we know we need a striker, cover at left back and a centre half and will the funds be provided to an interim manager to bring players to the club ?
Will any player worth his salt come to the club when he doesn't know who his long term manager will be ?

I would say the answer to that question is a resounding yes.

Because footballers inhabit a universe where everything is ephemeral and managers come and go through a perpetually revolving door.

And the phrase “long term” does not enter their head.

And the fella didn't even have the decency to stay on a season to try and get them back up.

Very dubious character IMO.

Even Rafael stayed on with the Barcodes in order to fix what he thought was a stain on his record.

I tell you what....in industry, employers would be reluctant enough to give their top management job to a fellow whom left one employer in the lurch after five months and was prepared to walk out on another five months later.

Nothing about this bloke appeals to me at all.

I would say the answer to that question is a resounding yes.

Because footballers inhabit a universe where everything is ephemeral and managers come and go through a perpetually revolving door.

And the phrase “long term” does not enter their head.

I agree with that to a point, but I do still believe in the manager has a big impact on if a player signs for the club.

For instance, would a player rather sign for Big Sam or a Klopp/Conte/Poch/an other?

I still think there is an element of pull from the manager, once wages and everything is taken into consideration.

Everything with our next appointment is so risky, from the manager himself to the recruitment of the level of player we require to push us on.

Even Rafael stayed on with the Barcodes in order to fix what he thought was a stain on his record.

I tell you what....in industry, employers would be reluctant enough to give their top management job to a fellow whom left one employer in the lurch after five months and was prepared to walk out on another five months later.

Nothing about this bloke appeals to me at all.

to be fair though, he was brought in with them odds on to go down and nearly saved them, not like it was his mess he has deserted, I think they all knew if he didn't keep them up he was gone,

yeah leaving Watford after 11 games would look bad however, which is why he probably wont push it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back