Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a scheduled, regular monthly meeting do you know?

Or an extraordinary one called to discuss the manager situation?
My guess would be that it will be to take advantage of them all being in London for the Game tomorrow, to have a sit down together, take stock of what the options are at this point and decide the next move.

I don't think there is a real threat of relegation. I think that we should be good enough to stay up at least . Christmas is about six weeks away and in that time or very shortly after we should have Coleman, Bolasie, McCarthy and maybe Barkley as well to add to the current group and they added to the rest of the squad will certainly strengthen the team.

My concern is that we know we need a striker, cover at left back and a centre half and will the funds be provided to an interim manager to bring players to the club ?
Will any player worth his salt come to the club when he doesn't know who his long term manager will be ?

..it’s dangerous to think we are not in a relegation battle. McCarthy could be a bust flush with his hamstrings, i wouldn’t assume he’ll be a saviour and we don’t know if Barkley will hold up before he’s off anyway in January.

I do think it’s a good point made about signing for a Caretaker Manager.

Dont think Tuchel even wants a slice C.
Unsworth wins well on Saturday - then the draw for a new manager will hold for a while so stop telling me to go to bed ok!
Hows your Greggs going noticed Iceland the other day they have quit a range sausage rolls now quite a good price if you buy 2 packs etc
Before you ask I was in there for the fish lost 1/2 a stone already in a month;)

Unsworth wins well on Saturday - then the draw for a new manager will hold for a while so stop telling me to go to bed ok!
Hows your Greggs going noticed Iceland the other day they have quit a range sausage rolls now quite a good price if you buy 2 packs etc
Before you ask I was in there for the fish lost 1/2 a stone already in a month;)
Bed.

to be fair though, he was brought in with them odds on to go down and nearly saved them, not like it was his mess he has deserted, I think they all knew if he didn't keep them up he was gone,

yeah leaving Watford after 11 games would look bad however, which is why he probably wont push it

But he didn’t nearly save them....this is a myth.

He got them into a position where they were no longer favourites to go down and then they collapsed like a deck of cards, taking four points from their last six games and losing the last three when two points clear of the drop zone and already relegated Sunderland the visitors in their next game.

In the end they were six points adrift of safety.

When he took over in January, after 20 games had been played, they were in bottom place, but only three points from safety.

They fell further behind the 17th team on his watch.

The more we scrutinise this boy’s record since coming to England in January the madder it seems to be wanting to pay Watford £10 million for his services IMO :Blink:

But our main candidate Silva was only relagated a few months ago ?

Why do posters keep repeating this? Hull were virtually gone when he took over, Guardiola, Mourinho, Tuchel or Simeone couldn't have saved them, he had to sell anyone half decent (for them) like Snodgrass and Jake Livermore and still managed to give them a slight hope until the very end.

Doing that was a minor miracle, his time at Hull was a positive despite ultimate relegation, not a failure.

Hull were in turmoil at board, managerial and playing levels when he came in and even then had to sell whatever they could.

Why then is the very good even excellent effort he made there held against him with some?

Just beats me, totally baffling.

Y'know what though - there was players in the v WIM squad that were up for a scrap.

I genuinely don't see that in this team.

If I am honest with you, their was precious little fight in that team right up until we went two down to Wimbledon.

We had taken four points from the nine games leading up to Wimbledon Day.

Ponder on that.

That is why we were in that predicament in the first place.

They were dreadful and totally unmotivated all season.

This team is way better.....and as we saw versus Watford, are capable enough of finding a bit of fight at the 11th hour.

I would fancy this team to steer clear of a Doomsday situation in a way the ‘94 Team were totally incapable off.

And don’t forget, that listlessness and lack of fight carried over into the November of the following season, until Big Joe and Big Dunc put a bit of backbone into ‘em.

One of the reporters (possibly Vinny O'Connor?) piped up saying that there's a board meeting today with the manager situation on the agenda.

One of the reporters speaking to Unsworth said (the jist not word for word) "We know there is a board meeting today to discuss the managerial position, would you be delighted if they said it was yours until the end of the season"...

I haven't seen it reported anywhere or any ITK's (if there truly is any anymore) mention this so dunno if it was just knowledge at the presser.

It sounds as if they are only discussing things once a week if this is the case.

If so then another example of no-one even being arsed about it all

Why do posters keep repeating this? Hull were virtually gone when he took over, Guardiola, Mourinho, Tuchel or Simeone couldn't have saved them, he had to sell anyone half decent (for them) like Snodgrass and Jake Livermore and still managed to give them a slight hope until the very end.

Doing that was a minor miracle, his time at Hull was a positive despite ultimate relegation, not a failure.

Hull were in turmoil at board, managerial and playing levels when he came in and even then had to sell whatever they could.

Why then is the very good even excellent effort he made there held against him with some?

Whoever comes in with our present squad RK left they have to polish a turd till January 2018
poor defence!
limited strikers!

They also started the season with barely enough players if I remember correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back