Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is a real threat of relegation. I think that we should be good enough to stay up at least . Christmas is about six weeks away and in that time or very shortly after we should have Coleman, Bolasie, McCarthy and maybe Barkley as well to add to the current group and they added to the rest of the squad will certainly strengthen the team.

My concern is that we know we need a striker, cover at left back and a centre half and will the funds be provided to an interim manager to bring players to the club ?
Will any player worth his salt come to the club when he doesn't know who his long term manager will be ?

McCarthy is almost permanently broken.

Barkley will almost certainly be off and won't want to jeopardise his move. So unless a miracle happens I shouldn't imagine we'll see him in a blue shirt again.

Will Boalsie and Coleman be the same players when they come back, who knows.

* You forgot Funes Mori - who's slightly less worse than Williams, in that at least he can still run.

Why do posters keep repeating this? Hull were virtually gone when he took over, Guardiola, Mourinho, Tuchel or Simeone couldn't have saved them, he had to sell anyone half decent (for them) like Snodgrass and Jake Livermore and still managed to give them a slight hope until the very end.

Doing that was a minor miracle, his time at Hull was a positive despite ultimate relegation, not a failure.

Hull were in turmoil at board, managerial and playing levels when he came in and even then had to sell whatever they could.

Why then is the very good even excellent effort he made there held against him with some?

Just beats me, totally baffling.
Did he relagate Hull a few months ago ?
Its a simple yes or no ?

It sounds as if they are only discussing things once a week if this is the case.

If so then another example of no-one even being arsed about it all

I would hope... that they are coming together and saying this is it....

BUT. I do genuinely think they are applying the hot crazy matrix to the manager search and Kenwrights and Moshiri's unicorns are different...

ik9LqSX.jpg

But he didn’t nearly save them....this is a myth.

He got them into a position where they were no longer favourites to go down and then they collapsed like a deck of cards, taking four points from their last six games and losing the last three when two points clear of the drop zone and already relegated Sunderland the visitors in their next game.

In the end they were six points adrift of safety.

When he took over in January, after 20 games had been played, they were in bottom place, but only three points from safety.

They fell further behind the 17th team on his watch.

The more we scrutinise this boy’s record since coming to England in January the madder it seems to be wanting to pay Watford £10 million for his services IMO :Blink:

He lost his best player in January too; Snodgrass went to West Ham.
And if it wasn't for our Jordan , who if I remember, made save after save, in the Sunderland match they lost then they would have stayed up.

Fine margins.

I would hope... that they are coming together and saying this is it....

BUT. I do genuinely think they are applying the hot crazy matrix to the manager search and Kenwrights and Moshiri's unicorns are different...

ik9LqSX.jpg

I am sure the way things are going moshiri will be changing z cars to danger zone soon enough ;)

So did Koeman at Saints.
Even tweeted a pic of an empty training ground once.

Ahh no that was not the case. It was because they had sold some players before he took charge so it was a humorous tweet at the fact he has lost like 5 of the old first team.

Hull literally did have like 13-14 senior players at the start of the season because they didn't buy anyone

Why do posters keep repeating this? Hull were virtually gone when he took over, Guardiola, Mourinho, Tuchel or Simeone couldn't have saved them, he had to sell anyone half decent (for them) like Snodgrass and Jake Livermore and still managed to give them a slight hope until the very end.

Doing that was a minor miracle, his time at Hull was a positive despite ultimate relegation, not a failure.

Hull were in turmoil at board, managerial and playing levels when he came in and even then had to sell whatever they could.

Why then is the very good even excellent effort he made there held against him with some?

Nothing you say in that post stands scrutiny.

His “minor miracle” ended up yielding four points from his last six games.

No points from the last three....two of which were home to Sunderland and away at Palace.

For a goals for against ratio of 1-13 :Blink:

I would say Pep, Jose and those other fellows you mention would beg to differ with your assessment of their capabilities given those circumstances :(

Watford?

Seven points from the last seven games.

Yet somehow the hipsters have fooled themselves into believing he is flavour of the month :pint2:

All’s I can say is he must employ an excellent PR company ;)

No points from the last three....two of which were home to Sunderland and away at Palace.

I would say Pep, Jose and those other fellows you mention would beg to differ with your assessment of their capabilities given those circumstances :(

Watford?

Yet somehow the hipsters have fooled themselves into believing he is flavour of the month :pint2:

More significantly, he gassed a two goal lead away from home against one of the worst everton sides in years.
Couldn't close the game out.
If Unsy did this on Saturday there would be murder on here.

He lost his best player in January too; Snodgrass went to West Ham.
And if it wasn't for our Jordan , who if I remember, made save after save, in the Sunderland match they lost then they would have stayed up.

Fine margins.

Snodgrass?

He got a better one in return.....our Oumar ;)

So Pickford doomed them, then?

How come they couldn't shut out a Sunderland team which rarely scored :blush:

Fine margins indeed.

Last edited:

I can see their point we want to hire a manager who chucked a TWO goals lead away in our last long waited win?

Watford?

Ha you have literally picked out stats to use against him, I am not saying that he should be the next manager but at least analyze it fairly.

You conveniently fail to mention the fact that they beat Liverpool and Man U under him.

You have to be stubborn to not at least be able to see that he turned a complete no hope team into a team that had belief and unfortunately the expected happened in the last few games. Man U lost to Huddersfield the other week, is Jose now a poor manager......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back