Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I know I will be shot down in flames but how about one from the past, Glen Hoddle, I know he has been a long time out of the scene but he was a great player and plenty of experience including England and as far as I know he has never been sacked for football reasons, I believe he would make a good manager until the end of the season at least.

I know I will be shot down in flames but how about one from the past, Glen Hoddle, I know he has been a long time out of the scene but he was a great player and plenty of experience including England and as far as I know he has never been sacked for football reasons, I believe he would make a good manager until the end of the season at least.

Good shout.

Maybe he'll bring his spirit guide in as his #2.

*Psssst....Lads, Labbies lost it BIG time, touting HODDLES. Send help...;)

Some of you have a real downer on Silver...

Let me break it to you, the perfect manager doesn't exist, and Guardiola and Mourinho are not coming.

All managers are going to have their good and bad points and the appointment of any one of them is going to be a gamble to some extent.

However based on experience, age, tactical acumen, consistency, win percentage 53%, future promise and style of play, I believe at this time Marco Silver is the best candidate for Everton Football Club.

Bed.

Time for bed in a previous life.

Seems to have been some very positive and encouraging comments in Silva's Watford presser - some of the oddschecker quotes suddenly turned blue for shortening (of those that have reacted) - have only read what's been posted elsewhere and will copy it in here shortly

Watford manager Marco Silva has refused to deny speculation that he is keen to take the Everton job.

The Portuguese moved to Vicarage Road over the summer and has overseen a fine start to the season, guiding the Hornets to 15 points from their first 11 games and ninth place in the table.

The Toffees are in the hunt for a new manager after sacking Ronald Koeman at the end of the month, meanwhile, and have reportedly been turned down twice by Watfordover a move for Silva.

"What I can tell you about this situation is I look at this situation like for some players when they play well, or somebody that the coach wants from another club," Silva told journalists today. "For me, now this is a case for the board and the owners to discuss the situation. For me it is a normal situation, I understand the question."

Asked if he wanted to talk to Everton but was being prevented from doing so, he responded: "I don't answer this question. I read many many things in the week. I need to talk with my owner, my board and my players as well. I do my job normally during the week.

"I don't want to talk about Everton. I am here to talk about the West Ham match. If you want to talk to me about Everton, it's not the club where I work."

Sam Street ✔@samstreetwrites
Marco Silva when asked if Sunday will be his last match at #Watfordfc: "Those are your words."
13:49 - 17 Nov 2017

Its possibly as non-commital as I can remember for a manager, no real assertion on staying at Watford for some time yet, seems to be I'm at Watford right now and I'll talk about this weekend only and I'll talk to the board, players etc...

Last edited:
Watford manager Marco Silva has refused to deny speculation that he is keen to take the Everton job.

The Portuguese moved to Vicarage Road over the summer and has overseen a fine start to the season, guiding the Hornets to 15 points from their first 11 games and ninth place in the table.

The Toffees are in the hunt for a new manager after sacking Ronald Koeman at the end of the month, meanwhile, and have reportedly been turned down twice by Watfordover a move for Silva.

"What I can tell you about this situation is I look at this situation like for some players when they play well, or somebody that the coach wants from another club," Silva told journalists today. "For me, now this is a case for the board and the owners to discuss the situation. For me it is a normal situation, I understand the question."

Asked if he wanted to talk to Everton but was being prevented from doing so, he responded: "I don't answer this question. I read many many things in the week. I need to talk with my owner, my board and my players as well. I do my job normally during the week.

"I don't want to talk about Everton. I am here to talk about the West Ham match. If you want to talk to me about Everton, it's not the club where I work."

Sam Street ✔@samstreetwrites
Marco Silva when asked if Sunday will be his last match at #Watfordfc: "Those are your words."
13:49 - 17 Nov 2017
He could have very quickly put an end to the questions by saying no i don't want to leave and i'm happy. I appreciate his English is not perfect but he's picked his words very carefully there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back