Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he didn’t nearly save them....this is a myth.

He got them into a position where they were no longer favourites to go down and then they collapsed like a deck of cards, taking four points from their last six games and losing the last three when two points clear of the drop zone and already relegated Sunderland the visitors in their next game.

In the end they were six points adrift of safety.

When he took over in January, after 20 games had been played, they were in bottom place, but only three points from safety.

They fell further behind the 17th team on his watch.

The more we scrutinise this boy’s record since coming to England in January the madder it seems to be wanting to pay Watford £10 million for his services IMO :Blink:

fair enough, didn't realise all that, funny how things get spun and when you look closer its not that at all

Ha you have literally picked out stats to use against him, I am not saying that he should be the next manager but at least analyze it fairly.

You conveniently fail to mention the fact that they beat Liverpool and Man U under him.

You have to be stubborn to not at least be able to see that he turned a complete no hope team into a team that had belief and unfortunately the expected happened in the last few games. Man U lost to Huddersfield the other week, is Jose now a poor manager......

Sorry....please point out what part of "taking four points from the last six games" and "losing the last three when two points clear of the drop zone" is picking "out stats to use against him"?

Res ipsa loquitur, my friend.

They need no embellishment or omission from ol' Khan ;)

He had them in the lifeboat and all....then jumped back into the sea :pint2:

fair enough, didn't realise all that, funny how things get spun and when you look closer its not that at all

I know lol

It was only when someone posted about the Sunderland game the other day that I remembered about it and went to check out what actually happened.

It was an appalling collapse....totally undoing all the admittedly good work he had done up to that point.

And it does not enthuse me in the slightest about him possibly coming here :(

I know lol

It was only when someone posted about the Sunderland game the other day that I remembered about it and went to check out what actually happened.

It was an appalling collapse....totally undoing all the admittedly good work he had done up to that point.

to be fair mate, Pickford had a MoM performance that day, and they battered sunderland for 70 minutes until the got sucker punched - then again that can happen against a team whose already down and when your the ones needing to gamble to get the 3 points.

pressure was all on Hull players

to be fair mate, Pickford had a MoM performance that day, and they battered sunderland for 70 minutes until the got sucker punched - then again that can happen against a team whose already down and when your the ones needing to gamble to get the 3 points.

pressure was all on Hull players

Too many excuses, Steven.

Bottom line, they were beaten by an already relegated team....at home.

Now, as you say these things can happen but the whole overall thing is about more than just bad luck.

Four points from the final six games tells its own story.

And BTW Watford are currently on a three match losing streak.

All’s I am saying is this fellow’s credentials, based on what we have seen in the EPL since he arrived here in January, do not suggest he is the man we are needing to take us forward :(

Especially if he have to pay Watford ten million quid for him :Blink:

Too many excuses, Steven.

Bottom line, they were beaten by an already relegated team....at home.

Now, as you say these things can happen but the whole overall thing is about more than just bad luck.

Four points from the final six games tells its own story.

And BTW Watford are currently on a three match losing streak.

All’s I am saying is this fellow’s credentials, based on what we have seen in the EPL since he arrived here in January, do not suggest he is the man we are needing to take us forward :(

Especially if he have to pay Watford ten million quid for him :Blink:

Just going off my own eyes mate, saw Hull early last season and they where one of the worst teams i have ever seen, then saw them later on after Silva came in against the rs and against United and they looked 1000% improved.

Watched Watford about 4 times this season - and in every game they have played good football, have a shape and you can see that they are all understanding what the game plan for them is.

Remember btw this Watford team barely stayed up themselves last season, it's not like he is managing a group with many decent players there

As for Hull going down, they had a utterly threadbare squad with only about 15-16 first team players, and they where having to play above their level for months to even have a chance going into the last few games - ultimately they ran out of steam.

Man City came within 1 minute of losing the league title at home to a QPR side already relegated as well mate (weren't they 2 down in that game as well?)

I know lol

and the way Watford have capitulated recently against us and Chelsea, you have to question his cojones

does and says all the right things, but when the going gets tough, he seems to collapse

Nothing you say in that post stands scrutiny.

His “minor miracle” ended up yielding four points from his last six games.

No points from the last three....two of which were home to Sunderland and away at Palace.

For a goals for against ratio of 1-13 :Blink:

I would say Pep, Jose and those other fellows you mention would beg to differ with your assessment of their capabilities given those circumstances :(

Watford?

Seven points from the last seven games.

Yet somehow the hipsters have fooled themselves into believing he is flavour of the month :pint2:

All’s I can say is he must employ an excellent PR company ;)

I was trying to put it in to context as having to lose the better players from any really badly struggling side, short on even player numbers and drained of confidence usually leaves a truly desperate situation and I like many others recognise what a monumental task he had of giving them any real hope at all.

It was to prove beyond them and when it was all but mathematically confirmed nearer the end of the season, then naturally the players form dipped with only certain relegation to play for, and results did drop off badly perhaps not too surprisingly though.

I definitely stand by my post on other top managers being extremely unlikely to have got them any nearer but its obviously an opinion and not a fact and its fair enough to disagree.

As for Watford, yes their results havent gone their way recently.

This run started by getting hammered by Manchester City but included a game they could have won vs Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and a decent home win against Arsenal. The unlucky loss to us when their goalkeeper, their sub keeper proved crucial for us, and another player went off injured was made worse for them when they missed a last minute penalty.

Its harsh to blame a manager for such bad luck in their last match and the other matches not mentioned were an away win at Swansea and draw at the Hawthorns, perhaps the only really bad result being a 0-1 home loss to Stoke.

A poor last three results, somewhat unluckily losing at Chelsea, a bad defeat to Stoke and luck deserting them at Goodison hasn't persuaded me that their good start overall is not largely thanks to Silva, it could have been exceptionally good but now is just very good.

Hipsters, most be joking - I think most of the media recognize him as showing plenty of potential and promise and could go very far.

I was trying to put it in to context as having to lose the better players from any really badly struggling side, short on even player numbers and drained of confidence usually leaves a truly desperate siuation and I like many others recognise what a monumental task he had of giving them any real hope at all.

It was to prove beyond them and when it was all but mathematically confirmed nearer the end of the season then naturally the players form with only certain relegation to play for, and results did dip badly perhaps not too surprisingly though.

I definitely stand by my post on other top managers being extremely unlikely to have got them any nearer but its obviously an opinion and not a fact and its fair enough to disagree.

As for Watford, yes their results havent gone their way recently.

This run started by getting hammered by Manchester City but included a game they could have won vs Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and a decent home win against Arsenal. The unlucky loss to us when their goalkeeper, their sub keeper proved crucial for us, and another player went off injured was made worse for them when they missed a last minute penalty.

Its harsh to blame a manager for such bad luck in their last match and the other matches not mentioned were an away win at Swansea and draw at the Hawthorns, perhaps the only really bad result being a 0-1 home loss to Stoke.

A poor last three results, somewhat unluckily losing at Chelsea, a bad defeat to Stoke and luck deserting them at Goodison hasn't persuaded me that their good start overall is not largely thanks to Silva, it could have been exceptionally good but now is just very good.

Hipsters, most be joking - I think most of the media recognize him as showing plenty of potential and promise and could go very far.

The Media?

:)

They would have had Sean Dyche in here the day after Koeman was fired :pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back