Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2d8.jpg

Moshers wants all cv' s in by Monday 5pm for the job. Anyone can apply. Kenwright prefers Mavis the tea lady. Talk of pedigree manager in charge is laughable. Clutching at straws. No manager lined up when koeman given the boot leaving us scratching around. Everton way that. Walsh needs to be given the boot in the interim

I’m going to defend the club now by saying that I think that on this occasion it was probably better to get rid of Koeman before getting somebody else in place. By that I mean the team was so bad that keeping him whilst there was some back chat with agents would have made matters worse. Ok the win against Watford had some luck. In most games there’s a bit of luck. We have at times been unlucky this season but had Koeman stayed for the Watford game would we have won? Who knows. I also think that it’s a bit unfair on Unsworth to think that he can unravel the damage caused by Koeman in such a short period. Personally I’m not convinced he is ready but the games have come so thick and fast for him that I think we’ll have a better idea of what he can do after today.

At the moment we have a dysfunctional board and team. We were never going to get Simeone and Allardyce should be nowhere near the club unless he pays for a ticket to a game himself.

Unfortunately the decent managers are either employed or we do not match their ambition.

Well to turn your question back on you - what makes you think that the board is capable of getting a good option now, when there are less managers available?

What i have seen is a manager, Koeman, destroy Kenny's confidence by not giving him any game time last season, to tell him in the summer that he was fourth choice, to sign a journeyman third rate player and refuse to give him a chance until things got desperate. What I have seen since Unsworth came in is a lad who's confidence has increased game by game and who has gradually got better with each game, because, strangely enough, he has a manager who has some faith in him. As Seamus Coleman said of Paul Cook his manager at Sligo, "He made me feel like I was the best player in the League. It just makes such a difference when you have a manager who believes in you." That is what is happening to Kenny at the minute and the more experience he gets in the first team the better it will be in the long run for him and for Everton.

I think the message it sends out to the team is this, we've got a promising young kid who is breathing down your necks and aiming to get in the first team, if you want to stay there you better get your finger out and start playing to you full potential. That's exactly the right message to send in my opinion.

So coming from 2-0 down was all luck, nothing to do with team spirit, not giving in and not letting our heads drop. We had a chance with Baines in the first half, Sigurdsson missed a very good chance to equalise. So yes we had luck but it certainly wasn't all down to luck. As for turning a corner I posted earlier that Unsworth needs time on the training ground to turn us around and given that we haven't got a 7 day gap between games until some time in the New Year then the likelihood is that we will gradually keep improving but performances will continue to be erratic.

I didn't think this squad of players, as it stands now, could get us into the top 6 at the start of this season so i've got no reason to change my mind just because Unsworth is in temporary charge. Koeman's omni-shambles of a transfer 'strategy' has left us with an ageing slow defence and a very limited forward line. If we get 7th with this squad then Unsworth will of worked a minor miracle in my opinion. What i would like to see is the development of the younger players this season with a view to appointing a manager who can build a team around young players and who has a record of overachieving. Achieving a stable position in the league and winning the FA cup should be our aim for the rest of the season.
Very well said my friend.

I don't believe we can get the type of manager that we probably be aiming to bring in. Certainly Silva for me doesn't represent a great manager but potentially the best manager we can get albeit a gamble. What I lose faith in personally is just how long it has took us to even get to this point. It's embarrassing, I don't think enough people realise that.

We will have to agree to disagree on the likes of kenny. I just don't see playing him right now is a positive as he is struggling to adapt quickly. At his age you can't expect him to be essentially premier league level so fast and I believe as I say his development will be held back as a result.

In a general sense I agree with the idea that it creates a ideal of playing for your place. What I think is different is that the players that aren't getting a chance in the team, the likes of sandro, klassen, currently vlasic etc are new here. So where in normal circumstances they are playing for their place, they aren't even getting given a chance to do that. So like I say, why should they care about Everton when so quickly they have been thrown aside for reserve players? My perspective is that it send the message that the club doesn't see them as part of the team , which after only 3 months is quite a poor decision from anyone involved with the first team.

I do believe the Watford result was purely luck. Gomez doesn't go off injured then we don't win, niasse doesn't chase a lost cause we don't win, cleverly puts the penalty away and we don't win. Far too much chance incidents happened to say otherwise in my opinion, which I am not taking away from the team but major issues are still there. Unsworth doesn't seem to have an identity in the team which training grounds won't change. In 4 games he hasn't put a particular style or game plan into place which suggests to me he isn't right for the job. At the very least you have an idea of what you want to do. Koeman knew what he wanted to do, the club failed to deliver the most important player to make it work. That's not to say koemans plan would have been effective or the right plan but once the striker didn't turn up, his gameplay went out of the window and was replaced with all the parts of a possession tram with no focal point. Who's to say what would have happened with a proper striker ?

I disagree about koeman being at fault for the transfer strategy. I believe 3 different sources brought their players in and no-one at any point analysed the squad to see if the recruitment was right. But then that is and has been open for discussion for a long time.

Honestly mste don't take my replies as argumentative because neither of us are right. Only opinion , like arseholes as they say.

Good to have an exchange of views mate. One thing (there are many others!) that i think is shambolic is the role of Walsh, is he a head scout or a DOF? If he's a DOF then he needs to be given a certain amount of responsibility and his role clarified. If he's just a head scout then fine, let's be clear what his role is. With a good DOF set up they would have already researched, identified and be tracking a range of possible managerial replacements when Koeman was manager. We would know what the philosophy of the club was to developing the team and winning trophies. How are we going to do this? What is the strategy: is it to build a team round young players, are we going to buy our way to success (ha!). Nobody seems to know and frankly its a disgrace. Instead we are left with short term thinking and Walsh's recommendation for manager would appear to be Sam Allardyce, which is shocking. This is a major area that needs sorting out in my opinion and personally i don't think Walsh is up to the role of DOF. Then we have the role of Elstone and Kenwright in the transfer market. What is their role, again its not clear. The whole things needs a complete overhaul and a proper structure needs to be put in place, we need a new CEO and Kenwright should have no part in transfers.

Moshers wants all cv' s in by Monday 5pm for the job. Anyone can apply. Kenwright prefers Mavis the tea lady. Talk of pedigree manager in charge is laughable. Clutching at straws. No manager lined up when koeman given the boot leaving us scratching around. Everton way that. Walsh needs to be given the boot in the interim

Might send in my footy manager save and my cv, after leading us to a solid second place finish on there

Good to have an exchange of views mate. One thing (there are many others!) that i think is shambolic is the role of Walsh, is he a head scout or a DOF? If he's a DOF then he needs to be given a certain amount of responsibility and his role clarified. If he's just a head scout then fine, let's be clear what his role is. With a good DOF set up they would have already researched, identified and be tracking a range of possible managerial replacements when Koeman was manager. We would know what the philosophy of the club was to developing the team and winning trophies. How are we going to do this? What is the strategy: is it to build a team round young players, are we going to buy our way to success (ha!). Nobody seems to know and frankly its a disgrace. Instead we are left with short term thinking and Walsh's recommendation for manager would appear to be Sam Allardyce, which is shocking. This is a major area that needs sorting out in my opinion and personally i don't think Walsh is up to the role of DOF. Then we have the role of Elstone and Kenwright in the transfer market. What is their role, again its not clear. The whole things needs a complete overhaul and a proper structure needs to be put in place, we need a new CEO and Kenwright should have no part in transfers.
I hoped that going down the director of football route would be a step in the right direction, but it's obvious now that they just did it because they thought it sounded sophisticated. Walsh is an absolute joke who just happened to be having his 15 minutes at the time.

I hoped that going down the director of football route would be a step in the right direction, but it's obvious now that they just did it because they thought it sounded sophisticated. Walsh is an absolute joke who just happened to be having his 15 minutes at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back