Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But specifically D:

Dortmunds-head-coach-Thomas-Tuchel-cele.jpg

GTI

Yes thats fair. There is pre Liverpool Benitez and post Liverpool Benitez.

He got very lucky to win the CL with Liverpool but probably quite unlucky not to win the league. That being said, towards the end he started spending huge sums of money on ordinary players, and picked a fight with the owners to distort the narratives which the KKKult took hook line and sinker.

After that, all I have seen is a manager who has gone to European Champions Inter and left them mid table. Went to European Champions Madrid and left them getting annihilated by Barca. Went to Chelsea and became the first manager post Roman to finish outside the top 4. Went to Newcastle and took them from being out of the relegation zone to being relegated. It's pretty ordinary.

Most Kopites go on about him as if he's in the same league as Mourinho, Guardiola et al. He's not for me. He's a similar level to Koeman, Pochetino, Emery etc, guys a level below the elite managers.

That being said he is very strong tactically and get win set piece games very well. I think he'd be completely the wrong choice for where we look to be going re Walsh, Moshiri and youth investment. If a certain Russian came on board and started lashing money about though I could see him being a potential Mancinish type of fit and work quite well for us. The ex Liverpool thing really doesn't bother me, in fact it's a major attraction. If he won a trophy with us before Klopp won anything with Liverpool it would lead to massive splits in the reds which would be absolute hilarity.

Inter where left by Mourinho with a really ageing team mate, he effectively built it to dominate and get immediate success and buggered off to avoid the collapse and blame attached - Benitez was if anything an idiot for taking that job, they where 6th with two games in hand when he was sacked.

They where only 2 behind Barca when he was sacked mate, Athletico was ahead of both, and Real weren't the reigning champions - they had won nothing the season before with Ancelotti in charge, they won it the season Benitez was there for the first half of the season (and he qualified unbeaten through the group), he was sacked more down to the fans hating him than anything on the field in reality - and well it's Real Madrid ...

Chelsea finished 3rd mate with Benitez in charge not out of the CL spots

At Newcastle - they weren't clear of the bottom 3 when he took over mate, they where in 19th with 24 points out of 28, he got them 13 out the last 10 - so miles better.

2 Spanish league titles, 1 CL title, 2 Europa league titles, 3 promotions, FA Cup, Italian cup - comparing him with Koeman is miles off mate.

He is a very very good manager

Yes, looks impressive. I’m not sure I would gamble on him though in our predicament. Hasn’t been around long enough to form a proper judgement.
I am not saying go for this fella in particular but we probably haven't got the time to wait for him to build up a top class CV as by the time he does we will get gazumpted
Yes, looks impressive. I’m not sure I would gamble on him though in our predicament. Hasn’t been around long enough to form a proper judgement.
The thing is if we wait until one of these managers builds up a proper CV we would probably get gazumped anyway, sometimes you have got to back your judgement and take a chance. The Mosh could do worse than talking to David Dien the former Arsenal vice chairman he was the man who pulled Arsen Wenger from absolute obscurity and despite his last few years has done a tremendous job at Arsenal.
We would all like to see David Unsworth succeed at Everton but the people who are calling for his appointment would be the first to say that he isn't up to the job and he needs to be sacked.
David Unsworth is doing a great job at the U23s so why upset the applecart and destroy the one thing that is being done well on the playing side. I don't think the time is right and I am sure of one thing if he decides to take a managers job elsewhere that he would only see it as a stepping stone to come back and get the job he really wants.

Inter where left by Mourinho with a really ageing team mate, he effectively built it to dominate and get immediate success and buggered off to avoid the collapse and blame attached - Benitez was if anything an idiot for taking that job, they where 6th with two games in hand when he was sacked.

They where only 2 behind Barca when he was sacked mate, Athletico was ahead of both, and Real weren't the reigning champions - they had won nothing the season before with Ancelotti in charge, they won it the season Benitez was there for the first half of the season (and he qualified unbeaten through the group), he was sacked more down to the fans hating him than anything on the field in reality - and well it's Real Madrid ...

Chelsea finished 3rd mate with Benitez in charge not out of the CL spots

At Newcastle - they weren't clear of the bottom 3 when he took over mate, they where in 19th with 24 points out of 28, he got them 13 out the last 10 - so miles better.

2 Spanish league titles, 1 CL title, 2 Europa league titles, 3 promotions, FA Cup, Italian cup - comparing him with Koeman is miles off mate.

He is a very very good manager
Yes he is...there is no doubt about that.
At present they are mostly a team of championship players yet they play as a well organised team..motivated and work for each other..and definately play for the manager He has their respect.

When we play them who do you think will come out of it the best tactitian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back