Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds more like Silva will need to resign, which I can’t see him doing.

Watford have been decent today, but West Ham have been poor. Watford don’t look rock solid in defence either. But they make excellent use of a midfield that is lower quality than ours: Hughes Cleverley and Doucouré. If he comes in that’s hopefully the first thing he’ll sort out.

Everton target Marco Silva commits only to 'tomorrow' after West Ham victory

By LeeWilmot | Posted: November 19, 2017

Getty Images
16150096-large.jpg

Marco Silva is only interested in tomorrow

Marco Silva has once again refused to talk about his future.

The Watford manager is in demand, with Everton desperate to make him their new manager following the sacking of Ronald Koeman.

But the Hornets have so far stood firm, rebuffing at least two approaches and suggesting they are not prepared to listen to any offer at any price for their popular manager.

Watford comfortably beat West Ham 2-0 at Vicarage Road today, and the questions after the match centred on whether Silva will remain in the hotseat.

Silva previously could not commit himself to the Watford fans when asked about his future during his pre-match press conference, and there was no difference after the game, with the Portuguese saying that the future was "tomorrow."

He said: "My future is tomorrow, to start to prepare for the next game, we've already planned the next session.

"Some things we can't control. In football what can happen can happen. I know what's in my hands, and it's in my hands to plan the session tomorrow."

If its between Silva and Dyche then it has to be Silva and I'd be happy to wait till the end of the season with Unsworth if the alternative is Dyche.

If its between Silva and Dyche then it has to be Silva and I'd be happy to wait till the end of the season with Unsworth if the alternative is Dyche.
I wouldn't be happy to wait, Unsworth as a u23 manager is one thing but he is well out of his depth at Premier league level. His teams ship goals for fun and he only ever reacts when we're 1 or 2 down, our luck in recent games won't last forever and we will quickly be in the bottom 3 if things don't change.

I wouldn't be happy to wait, Unsworth as a u23 manager is one thing but he is well out of his depth at Premier league level. His teams ship goals for fun and he only ever reacts when we're 1 or 2 down, our luck in recent games won't last forever and we will quickly be in the bottom 3 if things don't change.

Is an opinion I tend to agree with. We're leaking too many goals and the defence looks ropier than ever, the midfield isn't competing.
But for the energy and never-say-die attitude of Niasse, we'd be in the bottom three.

Is an opinion I tend to agree with. We're leaking too many goals and the defence looks ropier than ever, the midfield isn't competing.
But for the energy and never-say-die attitude of Niasse, we'd be in the bottom three.
My lads a really good footballer (he doesn't get that from me) but he's definitely in his team because he will not stop and chases every lost cause, doesn't back out of a challenge and doesn't mind getting hurt, for him it's all about the team winning. Not sure you can teach people that.

My lads a really good footballer (he doesn't get that from me) but he's definitely in his team because he will not stop and chases every lost cause, doesn't back out of a challenge and doesn't mind getting hurt, for him it's all about the team winning. Not sure you can teach people that.
Unlike some of our first team who are so slow to get to a tackle, we end up committing 26 fouls against a garbage Crystal Palace.

We're either so slow, de-motivated or don't want to win the ball cos the options in possession are currently so poor ?

Unlike some of our first team who are so slow to get to a tackle, we end up committing 26 fouls against a garbage Crystal Palace.

We're either so slow, de-motivated or don't want to win the ball cos the options in possession are currently so poor ?
I'd say it's all of these. Confidence has a lot to do with it aswell, take Hazard a few seasons ago, zero confidence and looked a shell of the player he was, last season and this he's been brilliant. A good manager can get this team winning most games.

We had that a few seasons back, the manager was hounded out.
By whom? he caused all the problems with his boring tikka takka and having no defensive nous whatsoever...but phenomenal eh...up there with Walter and Walker ....good job you never had to sit there and watch that crap.

By whom? he caused all the problems with his boring tikka takka and having no defensive nous whatsoever...but phenomenal eh...up there with Walter and Walker ....good job you never had to sit there and watch that crap.

Yeah, we tumbled all the way to erm...midtable. What a catastrophe.

Now you know what a real one looks like...and from the hands of the manager you thought was better.

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back