Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've made it obvious we're clueless and desperate, no wonder they're asking for a silly price, as much as I like Marco Silva. They'll probably get it too.

We can't afford to have Unsworth/Royle any longer, we've been extremely fortunate to have not been beaten again and they really need Silva to come now or move on.

Our defence seems almost beyond repair and we need someone who can make the most of poorly performing players low on confidence.

Silva seems to me someone who can throw together a group of either poor or poorly performing players and organise them quickly into a formation which maximizes their effectiveness and protects against some of their most obvious flaws being too exposed.

Dyche is another, although to many we're somehow too big for him and should set our sights so much higher.

To me this is far from the case, if the man can do the job required then he's big enough for us to aim for and far better than the high risk alternative of letting two fortunate escapes cloud our vision as to just how bad our current ineptitude really is.

Think it was a bit ridiculous the board got rid of Koeman without any idea about who they were bringing in. Really doubt the results would have been much different had he stuck around. I've said it before they should have waited until the season's end and moved him on when there were more options.

This is the telling thing for me with Unsworth. This might sound stupid but I'd have been far happier with a 0-0 today.

I think we have scored some fortunate goals the last 2 games. Pretty much each goal has either been a play, or a glaring mistake. I think we need to tighten up first and it does;t look like Unsworth can do that quickly enough.
We've had luck getting the 4 points we have, Watford missing a pen and the Palace keeper gifting us a goal, that type of luck will run out. The problem is in those two games we've conceded 4 and really it should've been more. We have conceded 11 goals since Unsworth took over, one of the first things a new manager should try to sort out is a leaky defence, you can't keep giving away the first goal and expect to survive in this league.

We've had luck getting the 4 points we have, Watford missing a pen and the Palace keeper gifting us a goal, that type of luck will run out. The problem is in those two games we've conceded 4 and really it should've been more. We have conceded 11 goals since Unsworth took over, one of the first things a new manager should try to sort out is a leaky defence, you can't keep giving away the first goal and expect to survive in this league.

If we'd comfortably lost the last two matches then we couldn't have had many complaints. Personally I don't feel confident backing us to win any game right now. Anyone with a well drilled defence is nailed on for three points against us.

I agree with all of that mate. We need to stop leaking goals, and whatever we get at the other end is a bonus.

I agree with all of that mate. We need to stop leaking goals, and whatever we get at the other end is a bonus.

Defence is a complete mess because of individual mistakes though. Sometimes you look at a team and think the shape of the defence is all wrong (ours probably is too) but when you've got Keane putting in performances like he did today then we've got no chance on keeping things solid.

Even look at our full backs. Any decent winger is going to fancy his chances up against what we have.

So what? They spent relative buttons after coming up from the Championship, compared to us who are an established PL side. That's an absolute nonsense comparison.
Rafael came into Newcastle when they were heading for relegation and had an owner who wanted out. He organised them and improved their points per game average but failed to keep them up.
He then won the Championship first go. If anyone thinks that's easy tell that to Leeds, Forest, Villa, Blackburn and all the other 'big' teams who dissappeared into oblivion.
This season remains to be seen but he currently has a newly promoted team in 11th despite being let down regarding investment. As someone who can organise a defence, which we desperately need, he's an obvious strong candidate for us.
Last time was when we should have appointed him for free and had a proven winner with 2 la ligas, a EL, a Champs league and FA cup. Instead we paid through the teeth for someone who outside of the weak Dutch league had won a copa del rey and would go on to squander the best chance we've had in a generation.

Some guy on the radio was linking us with Tony Pulis.

We're better off keeping Rhino

He's worked wonders with probably the worst and most unbalanced squad in the whole of the Premier League.

His results in these five matches say it all.

Am I missing something here, his results say it all, what's that? He obviously hasn't got a clue how to set the team out, lost to Leicester, lost to a young Chelsea team, dry bummed against Lyon and a very lucky to get a win against Watford and a jammy draw against the bottom club with 4 points in 11 before our game.

Unsworth will take us down, nothing against him, but at this time we need experience

We need to move quickly. It is fair to say there was no new manager bounce under rhino.

I can see both Swansea and West Brom pulling the trigger and getting in survival experts like big Sam which could leave us right in the brown stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back