Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially wanted Unsworth, fully bought into the whole romance of it all. However his results and tactics havent been up to scratch. His time may come in the future, but it certainly isnt now.
Same here mate. Needs to drop down the leagues and learn his trade if he wants the job in future IMO

Dunno how I feel about that mate, when he was asked about the job he said "we're off tomorrow and we will have to see on Monday" with a massive smile on his face. Could very well be that he's going to be announced officially as manager on a short term contract possibly. @orly mentioned his odds tumbling today too. All things considered though with the Silva news and after his presser, you'd expect an announcement that it would be Silva has the job but guess we'll just have to see.
Yep.

Cant see it being Unsworth, tbh. I wouldn't be too bothered if it was, but I think any decision to keep him in place would be through an understandable nervousness on the part of the board that the players (who seem to want him to stay on) might not respond to a new manager.

I honestly dont see any innovation in what Unsworth has done so far with the first team squad (harsh maybe given what he inherited), but I'm sure anyone advising the board would say a more experienced coach with better ideas is required....and the sounds we've heard of late suggest strongly that man will be Silva.

Some guy on the radio was linking us with Tony Pulis.

We're better off keeping Rhino.

He's worked wonders with probably the worst and most unbalanced squad in the whole of the Premier League.

His results in these five matches say it all.
At what point has he worked wonders?
We've conceded at least 2 in every game he's been in charge, we got a lucky 3-2 win at home to Watford and a 2-2 draw against the team BOTTOM of the league who managed to score just 4 goals in the league prior to today. Not really working wonders that is it?

Yep.

Cant see it being Unsworth, tbh. I wouldn't be too bothered if it was, but I think any decision to keep him in place would be through an understandable nervousness on the part of the board that the players (who seem to want him to stay on) might not respond to a new manager.

I honestly dont see any innovation in what Unsworth has done so far with the first team squad (harsh maybe given what he inherited), but I'm sure anyone advising the board would say a more experienced coach with better ideas is required....and the sounds we've heard of late suggest strongly that man will be Silva.
I hope you're right mate, I badly want Unsworth to be a great manager for us and maybe one day he will be but it can't be now and I think he showed that in his last handful of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back