Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds more like Silva will need to resign, which I can’t see him doing.

Watford have been decent today, but West Ham have been poor. Watford don’t look rock solid in defence either. But they make excellent use of a midfield that is lower quality than ours: Hughes Cleverley and Doucouré. If he comes in that’s hopefully the first thing he’ll sort out.

This lad looks a real player when i have seen him.

I think we are currently the worst team in the league. We hav actually had a fair amount of luck this season with the few results that we have managed to cobble together. We desperately need a manager, the January transfer window to bring in a striker and for the cavalry to arrive (Ross, Coleman, Bolasie & Funes)
I was at the game yesterday and Palace where by far the better team
We looked disjointed, afraid , lacking confidence and terrible up front
If Spirone and Dann hadn’t messed up and it stayed 2-1 at half time we would have lost
We are officially the worst team in the league
We need a minimum of a new CB and CF plus Coleman Bolassie and Barkley back to get us to mid table mediocrity.
Rhino is not good enough and it’s been proven in the games so far
Name me one Chans he has made during a game that has had a positive effect

Unlike some of our first team who are so slow to get to a tackle, we end up committing 26 fouls against a garbage Crystal Palace.

We're either so slow, de-motivated or don't want to win the ball cos the options in possession are currently so poor ?

I saw your tweet about not being happy that we committed so many fouls.

Can’t say I agree mate. Sometimes when things aren’t going well you need to do that. If we play all nicey nice nice we’d have got literally nothing yesterday.

Nothing to do with fitness or anything. Just the needle we needed.

I saw your tweet about not being happy that we committed so many fouls.

Can’t say I agree mate. Sometimes when things aren’t going well you need to do that. If we play all nicey nice nice we’d have got literally nothing yesterday.

Nothing to do with fitness or anything. Just the needle we needed.

With respect mate, I disagree.

So many fouls is not a demonstration of needle that's needed, it's a failure to time tackles and that comes from a lack of athleticism to get into the tackle in good time to win the ball cleanly.

The squad is suffering from a distinct lack of athleticism, the ingredient that gets players into and out of tackles with the ball. How many 50/50s are we winning this season - precious few. Gueye, Schneiderlin and Davies were winning them last season and none of them - and I hate having what seems a dig at Davies - are anywhere close to that form this time around.

Cast your mind back to the mid 80s when we had true athletes like Gary Stevens and Pat Van den Hauwe - guys who could run all day and make tackles all day. Bracewell and Reid in midfield chased and harried and won far more ball than they lost.

With respect mate, I disagree.

So many fouls is not a demonstration of needle that's needed, it's a failure to time tackles and that comes from a lack of athleticism to get into the tackle in good time to win the ball cleanly.

The squad is suffering from a distinct lack of athleticism, the ingredient that gets players into and out of tackles with the ball. How many 50/50s are we winning this season - precious few. Gueye, Schneiderlin and Davies were winning them last season and none of them - and I hate having what seems a dig at Davies - are anywhere close to that form this time around.

Cast your mind back to the mid 80s when we had true athletes like Gary Stevens and Pat Van den Hauwe - guys who could run all day and make tackles all day. Bracewell and Reid in midfield chased and harried and won far more ball than they lost.

Let’s be honest it’s probably a bit of both.

I wouldn't be happy to wait, Unsworth as a u23 manager is one thing but he is well out of his depth at Premier league level. His teams ship goals for fun and he only ever reacts when we're 1 or 2 down, our luck in recent games won't last forever and we will quickly be in the bottom 3 if things don't change.
True we can't wait for a manager, unsworth would have us struggling all season, how would he get anybody here in January when they don't know if the man who brought them there will be there after the season ends?
To be honest I would say either in by weds or forget it to Silva don't really want him myself but if the owners do go it or move on.
Dyche ,I would sooner have him to be less of a gamble.

Last edited:
Is an opinion I tend to agree with. We're leaking too many goals and the defence looks ropier than ever, the midfield isn't competing.
But for the energy and never-say-die attitude of Niasse, we'd be in the bottom three.

I was thinking that after match of the day last night.

He's almost become our really only chance of a goal being scored from open play.

That's scary.

Yeah, we tumbled all the way to erm...midtable. What a catastrophe.

Now you know what a real one looks like...and from the hands of the manager you thought was better.

Lol.
Patronising that seen some crap in the last 55 years and very few came close to Martinez and koeman....

Patronising that seen some crap in the last 55 years and very few came close to Martinez and koeman....

Interesting how people see the game differently. For me, Martinez paid the price for either being totally inflexible or not learning from his mistakes regarding the defensive side of the game, coupled with not enough emphasis on fitness. At the same time, his team knew how to attack and played with great confidence going forward, looking like the believed they could score against anyone.

Yes, by the end it had gone badly wrong but he was able to get the team to believe they could win against anyone, something Moyes and Koeman never did. Without that belief, you'll never win anything.

Interesting how people see the game differently. For me, Martinez paid the price for either being totally inflexible or not learning from his mistakes regarding the defensive side of the game, coupled with not enough emphasis on fitness. At the same time, his team knew how to attack and played with great confidence going forward, looking like the believed they could score against anyone.

Yes, by the end it had gone badly wrong but he was able to get the team to believe they could win against anyone, something Moyes and Koeman never did. Without that belief, you'll never win anything.

I didn't see much belief when we went to Anfield and got humiliated in a way I've never seen before. Nor did I see much of that belief against Sunderland in his final game.

I'd never hold Martinez in high esteem. Yeah he got the team scoring goals, but look at the players he had. Me and you could have done that if we'd completely disregarded the need to defend.

The Telegraph are claiming that Watford will play hardball to keep Silva. Hopefully it's just a tactic to extract the maximum compensation and appease their fans.

"Watford will complain to the Premier League should Everton renew their pursuit of him. The club are also prepared to put Silva on “gardening leave” until the end of the season if he quits in an effort to try to push through a move to Everton.

The likelihood is that Silva, despite apparently wanting to leave and succeed Ronald Koeman, will therefore remain for the rest of this campaign. He does not have a break clause in his two-year deal and Watford have already rejected a £10 million package from Everton. Watford are adamant that is the end of the matter and would not enter into negotiations with Everton after they were contacted again last Wednesday after an initial inquiry made on Monday."

The Telegraph are claiming that Watford will play hardball to keep Silva. Hopefully it's just a tactic to extract the maximum compensation and appease their fans.

"Watford will complain to the Premier League should Everton renew their pursuit of him. The club are also prepared to put Silva on “gardening leave” until the end of the season if he quits in an effort to try to push through a move to Everton.

The likelihood is that Silva, despite apparently wanting to leave and succeed Ronald Koeman, will therefore remain for the rest of this campaign. He does not have a break clause in his two-year deal and Watford have already rejected a £10 million package from Everton. Watford are adamant that is the end of the matter and would not enter into negotiations with Everton after they were contacted again last Wednesday after an initial inquiry made on Monday."
Just looks like recycled news that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back