Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the spending of money in the transfer window is the big argument against any interim manager being appointed.

Couldn't agree more.

The money we need to spend in January could be in excess of 60 Mill.

2 decent defenders and a striker, that's 20 Mill each, not a lot in this age.

Any new boss, will demand megs bucks in the summer, to put right the shambles we have been left with.

Get the permanent manager in now, give him the money to firefight with in January and back him to the hilt in the summer, oh and get rid of our DOF.

Don't like them always been a "job for the boys" IMO.

If your a manager you are payed to manage your team, not the DOF's team.

Got to be coming to some sort of a conclusion soon - imagine the prospects of players signing for us in Jan with the manager situation the way it is.

Between this and Siggy, the whole dragging on doesn't give me hope any deals will be done quickly in Jan, IF we have a manager in place that is.

So, Dyche's Burnley are above Silva Watford in the table.
Dyche has won two promotions with Burnley, knows the country and the premier league. Aware of the history of Everton. Shown to be a man of loyalty and an ability to plan and build and improve an entire squad over successive seasons.
Plays better football than anyone wishes to admit (see Jack Corks goal v Swansea; and Hendricks goal v Everton).

I would bet any money there Dyche was the sexy foreigner, and Silva was ginger bloke with a voice like a cement mixer - people would have a different opinion. Dyche's CV is better than Silva and more suited for Everton.
Anyone that thinks that Everton are capable of getting a "champions league quality" manager from this position needs to give their head a shake. We need to reestablish as a 5/6th certainty and then kick on. I would rather take Dyche for this role than Silva (and unfortunately Unsworth).
It is so clear to me that Dyche is not only the best candidate available and also the right kind of Manager, I really cannot understand why this wasn't done weeks ago. Smacks of incompetence and of Moshiri thinking he is playing some kind of real world FiFa where if he just keeps offering more money he can have whatever he wants (except it would appear a striker)

Dyche's CV is better than Silva and more suited for Everton.

Sorry whats that based on??

Premiership experience? Promotions? Relegations?? Trophies?

His CV is not better then Silva's (I am not 100% into arl Marco either). The work that he done with Estoril itself was impressive - and he has won trophies and leagues where he has worked.

I hate the "premiership experience" argument, it proper does my head in NO manager would ever get a job in England... and there is a hell of a lot of better managers on the continent then we have in the UK currently, and better then both Dyche and Silva.

Also, what makes you assume Dyche would get us stable in 5th/6th? and Silva wouldn't? Does Dyche have experience there I don't know of?

Rubbish. The ref gifted us a pen and they gifted us the 2nd goal against Palace. There was literally no way we were getting back in that game without outside help. There was nothing to suggest the players were playing better or working harder for "Unsy". And Watford? Same thing. Gifted it to us. They could, and should, have been out of sight but they took their foot off the gas and we clawed it back. But that was the last 20 minutes and even then we conspired to hand it back to them. Good job Tom Snivelley snatched the ball from his team mate is all I can say.

There's literally no evidence that "Unsy" can cut it at this level. None.
So basically any of the five goals we've scored in last 2 league games is pretty much down to luck. In Koeman's last 7 league games we scored 5 goals. Basically you're chatting wham. The second goal against Palace had everything to do with us pressing well as a team it had sod all to do with luck.

Dyche has won two promotions with Burnley, knows the country and the premier league. Aware of the history of Everton. Shown to be a man of loyalty and an ability to plan and build and improve an entire squad over successive seasons.
Plays better football than anyone wishes to admit (see Jack Corks goal v Swansea; and Hendricks goal v Everton).

I would bet any money there Dyche was the sexy foreigner, and Silva was ginger bloke with a voice like a cement mixer - people would have a different opinion. Dyche's CV is better than Silva and more suited for Everton.
Anyone that thinks that Everton are capable of getting a "champions league quality" manager from this position needs to give their head a shake. We need to reestablish as a 5/6th certainty and then kick on. I would rather take Dyche for this role than Silva (and unfortunately Unsworth).
The thing that is forgotten about dyche which I feel is important is that he has built something great at Burnley and deserves a lot of praise for it.

But he had to be relegated to achieve it. Would he have been so succesful if Burnley was an established club or has the time in the championship allowed him to put foundations in place go build from? We can't afford to give him time in the championship which Burnley has given him in spades.

"Dyche's CV is better than Silva and more suited for Everton"?

Let's look at the facts.

(ESTORIL 2012-2014) in Portugal. Silver took this 2nd division side from 10th and got them promoted as champions. The following season he took them to 5th place in the Portuguese top division, a first for the club and also qualified for the Europa league, also a first. The next season they finished fourth while inflicting a first home defeat on Porto since 2008.

(SPORTING 2014-2015) Led them to 3rd place in the championship and won the cup, thier first piece of silverware since 2008. Bizarrely sacked for not wearing club's official suit.

(OLYMPIOCOS 2015-2016) Won the title with a European record of 17 consecutive wins. Also played in the champions league including a victory over Arsenal at the Emirates. Left for personal reasons.

(HULL CITY JAN-MAY 2017) Joined when adrift at the bottom of the premiership. Almost achieved the impossible with a limited squad and a pitch that was being shared by a rugby team. Won his first four home games including victories over the red s***e and Man Utd in the cup.

(WATFORD 2017)......

So why is he highly thought of in footballing circles and why is he rumoured to be on the radar of the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd as a Future Manager?

European, Premiership and Champions league experience. Gets the best out of average players (Cleverly). Tactically aware. Attractive football. Impressive CV at his clubs. Has won titles and trophies. Still only young. Very impressive average win percentage of 53%.

Sean Dyche has a win percentage of 39%

So which part of Dyche's CV is better?

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back