Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand Everton fans' frustration over the delay but really there is next to no chance of relegation the way the likes of Swansea, West Brom and West Ham are playing - that's not taking into account Palace (5 points) and Huddersfield who are beginning to find life very tough.

I understand Everton fans' frustration over the delay but really there is next to no chance of relegation the way the likes of Swansea, West Brom and West Ham are playing - that's not taking into account Palace (5 points) and Huddersfield who are beginning to find life very tough.
There's a lot of dross around the bottom of the league. I include ourselves in that dross, but I think we have enough to keep us out of trouble as long as whoever the manager is, actually organises and manages the team. I just don't see Palace and Swansea having the necessary strength to keep up, so it's them plus another - I wouldn't be surprised by West Brom or West Ham or Stoke if any of those don't pull their finger out asap.

To be honest, I think everyone from Watford down is eminently overtake-able by the current team managed by Unsworth if he gets the players organised and working hard in games. Is Unsworth the man to do the job though? I don't really feel the magic to be honest - though if he gets a run going you never know.

I would like Silva, as I think he would set us up and get personnel in that could implement a good attacking style of play whilst not compromising the defence. He might be on permanent look out for the next big thing, but if he came off, that next big thing could well be us. If we want to get to the level of interesting the Simeones of this world, I think Silva is the man and that's really the reason why I would go for him - if he ain't the best, he is a stepping stone towards the best compared to most of the other names on the list.

We are playing just as bad, if not worse, than those teams unfortunately.

We are playing just as bad, if not worse, than those teams unfortunately.
But, we arent. Because we are ahead of the likes of Swansea, west brom, west ham, and Palace. So we definitely arent.

Thats the thing, relegation talk is nonsense at this point, because despite how much of a horror start this has been for us, we STILL arent in the relegation zone. If we played this badly ALL season, we still would not get relegated.

UUUUURRRGGHHH. Just heard odds slashed on Van Gaal.

'kin internet ruining my afternoon's non-work related browsing.

The bookies have probably just threw his name in as a rumour to get some cash coming back in because the odds were so short on the other candidates hardly anyone was betting on them anymore.

..he was hammered in the betting yesterday, in from 33-1 to 5-1. From what I can see his odds have remained steady today.

But, we arent. Because we are ahead of the likes of Swansea, west brom, west ham, and Palace. So we definitely arent.

Thats the thing, relegation talk is nonsense at this point, because despite how much of a horror start this has been for us, we STILL arent in the relegation zone. If we played this badly ALL season, we still would not get relegated.
We were in it the other week, we are only 3 pts away from it and failed to beat a team at the bottom of it just on saturday?

In 2 games time we play west ham under a new manager, potentially without our own shining glimmer of hope this season in Niasse.

We are struggling.

Based on doing an excellent job at Burnley, being able to sort out a defence and most importantly actually being available.

Why is he available? Is he not in the same situation as Silva - don't know how long his contract is.

He has done a good job by getting burnley into the prem, twice, and made them steady - if thats even the right word with a relegation.

Still don't see how that qualifies him above others, and what he has done in his career which would make him a better suit to us then someone from abroad (or silva who has done plenty of great things abroad)... besides the fact he has steadyish "premier league experience".... and really is that what we are aiming for in life now?

If he would have took Burnley to Europe, or won a cup with them, I would be impressed and then saying we should potentially be looking at him, but at this point in his career I don't see the difference between him and a Pulis.

So basically any of the five goals we've scored in last 2 league games is pretty much down to luck. In Koeman's last 7 league games we scored 5 goals. Basically you're chatting wham. The second goal against Palace had everything to do with us pressing well as a team it had sod all to do with luck.

What, the one where their 'keeper and defender contrived to pass the ball straight to us with Oumar wide open? Yeah, nothing lucky abar that, lid. Keep on telling yerself how well we're doing, when it's plain for the World to see that we're tosh right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back