Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victory over the RS is the only thing i care about. Get him in Moshiri!

tumblr_o2d5raUKUo1v56g7ro1_500.gif

I think we need to define terms here with Unsworth.

I suspect, given the games seen so far (which are pretty limited) that Unsworth is no tactical genius. However, he would get us through this season if we were forced to keep him in position. He IS "up to it" in that respect. He has the respect of the players and they'll put 100% in for him. Add a striker and a CB in January and the job of getting up the table is assured. Then next summer we can hire a manager long term.

There's no need to panic. The dogged performances of the last two PL games underline that we'll get near enough half the points still available - especially with said additions alluded to above.
As you said Dave if we get the 2 players you mentioned plus Coleman Bolassie and ROSS back till the end of the season that’s half a new outfield
Add Keane Gana Siggy Davies Baines and that’s not a bd side to get us up the table
I’d rather wait till early in the summe to get a new man in and give him time to get a squad together
WC might mean delays in getting who we want in
We need a big name with a proven track record to attract top players
Those type of managers are not usually available mid season.

"Dyche's CV is better than Silva and more suited for Everton"?

Let's look at the facts.

(ESTORIL 2012-2014) in Portugal. Silver took this 2nd division side from 10th and got them promoted as champions. The following season he took them to 5th place in the Portuguese top division, a first for the club and also qualified for the Europa league, also a first. The next season they finished fourth while inflicting a first home defeat on Porto since 2008.

(SPORTING 2014-2015) Led them to 3rd place in the championship and won the cup, thier first piece of silverware since 2008. Bizarrely sacked for not wearing club's official suit.

(OLYMPICS 2015-2016) Won the title with a European record of 17 consecutive wins. Also played in the champions league including a victory over Arsenal at the Emirates. Left for personal reasons.

(HULL CITY JAN-MAY 2017) Joined when adrift at the bottom of the premiership. Almost achieved the impossible with a limited squad and a pitch that was being shared by a rugby team. Won his first four home games including victories over the red s***e and Man Utd in the cup.

(WATFORD 2017)......

So why is he highly thought of in footballing circles and why is he rumoured to be on the radar of the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd as a Future Manager?

European, Premiership and Champions league experience. Gets the best out of average players (Cleverly). Tactically aware. Attractive football. Impressive CV at his clubs. Has won titles and trophies. Still only young. Very impressive average win percentage of 53%.

Sean Dyche has a win percentage of 39%

So which part of Dyche's CV is better?

We are all entitled to our opinions. But lets add a bit of reality.

Estoril - Hats off that is good achievement. Turned a second tier side into a midtable top tier side. Any better than what Dyche has achieved with Burnley and the lowest salary in the premier league? I am going to say no.

Sporting - Finishes third in a three team league with the one of the top three teams. A cup is fine, but like I said Sporting are one of the most successful side in Portuguese history.

Olympiacos - Had won the league for 6 season previously and the one since he left. This is an incredibly weak league.

Hull - arrived with Hull three points off safety. They finished 6 points from safety. They had some good results in that time.

Watford - They have started well this season. But so has Dyche (with a significantly lower wage bill).

I am suggesting although he has done well he hasn't overachieved. We are in danger of looking back and saying what was all the fuss about.

Going back to your question: So why is he highly thought of in footballing circles and why is he rumoured to be on the radar of the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd as a Future Manager?

Because football is a hype machine and he is the latest craze.

I hope I am proved wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back