Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So catastrophic that they were able to get 7th pretty much without instruction from that divvy Koeman in the season after RM left.

Take a look at this situation now: it's a devastated football club. On the floor in terms of personnel quality and levels of morale.

Dont pretend the two scenarios are remotely the same. We are now facing a long march out of the wilderness.
No wonder we get called bitter lollollol

We are all entitled to our opinions. But lets add a bit of reality.

Estoril - Hats off that is good achievement. Turned a second tier side into a midtable top tier side. Any better than what Dyche has achieved with Burnley and the lowest salary in the premier league? I am going to say no.

Sporting - Finishes third in a three team league with the one of the top three teams. A cup is fine, but like I said Sporting are one of the most successful side in Portuguese history.

Olympiacos - Had won the league for 6 season previously and the one since he left. This is an incredibly weak league.

Hull - arrived with Hull three points off safety. They finished 6 points from safety. They had some good results in that time.

Watford - They have started well this season. But so has Dyche (with a significantly lower wage bill).

I am suggesting although he has done well he hasn't overachieved. We are in danger of looking back and saying what was all the fuss about.

Going back to your question: So why is he highly thought of in footballing circles and why is he rumoured to be on the radar of the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd as a Future Manager?

Because football is a hype machine and he is the latest craze.

I hope I am proved wrong

Jamie Carragher gave a very good analysis of why he thinks Dyche isn't getting the offers from bigger clubs and why Marco Silva is so sought after.

I won't repeat it but it all comes down to style of football and how their teams play and was why Rodgers and Martinez were also popular even though they were not always so much of a success with their former clubs.

I'm a Dyche fan (unusually for this forum, and actually think he would be decent for us in our present state) but the stats did starkly show how limited his game plan is.

It can all be qualified as to the type of player he is able to have at little Burnley and that style suiting that level of player much better than any other, but statistically he is getting better results. There is an argument with better players he would change and not play so long.

Dyche does have the best record, but it's that long ball stigma that he is now synonymous with that could prove a real deterrent for any ambitions he may have of getting a bigger club.

Jamie Carragher gave a very good analysis of why he thinks Dyche isn't getting the offers from bigger clubs and why Marco Silva is so sought after.

I won't repeat it but it all comes down to style of football and how their teams play and was why Rodgers and Martinez were also popular even though they were not always so much of a success with their former clubs.

I'm a Dyche fan (unusually for this forum, and actually think he would be decent for us in our present state) but the stats did starkly show how limited his game plan is.

It can all be qualified as to the type of player he is able to have at little Burnley and that style suiting that level of player much better than any other, but statistically he is getting better results. There is an argument with better players he would change and not play so long.

Dyche does have the best record, but it's that long ball stigma that he is now synonymous with that could prove a real deterrent for any ambitions he may have of getting a bigger club.
What you have just said there about him being “decent for us” is exactly it really, I think he would be nothing more than stable/decent where as Silva has that bit of unpredictability about him. He could be very good!

I'm not sure what everyone expects.

Clearly trying our best to get Silva, no point in rushing in another manager we don't want in charge if the club believe they will eventually get their man - which I think the will, otherwise this long drawn out saga will have been embarrassing.
As long as Silva is in charge for the Southampton game

We are all entitled to our opinions. But lets add a bit of reality.

Estoril - Hats off that is good achievement. Turned a second tier side into a midtable top tier side. Any better than what Dyche has achieved with Burnley and the lowest salary in the premier league? I am going to say no.

Sporting - Finishes third in a three team league with the one of the top three teams. A cup is fine, but like I said Sporting are one of the most successful side in Portuguese history.

Olympiacos - Had won the league for 6 season previously and the one since he left. This is an incredibly weak league.

Hull - arrived with Hull three points off safety. They finished 6 points from safety. They had some good results in that time.

Watford - They have started well this season. But so has Dyche (with a significantly lower wage bill).

I am suggesting although he has done well he hasn't overachieved. We are in danger of looking back and saying what was all the fuss about.

Going back to your question: So why is he highly thought of in footballing circles and why is he rumoured to be on the radar of the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd as a Future Manager?

Because football is a hype machine and he is the latest craze.

I hope I am proved wrong

On. The. Money

Which has always been my point. If we're swimming in the same pool as your Sean Dyche's then other candidates such as Allardyce and Pulis fit that bill better, are proven, and more experienced.

As for Silva...to me he's a 'meh'. He could end up being outstanding, could be no better than what the above managers could produce.

But overall, it's incredibly small time with zero ambition.

Why is it a shambles? We're out of the competition, it's a friendly. Should just play the kids anyway and let Unsy have his last game with no pressure.
Because it's been a month lad and everyone at the club knows Unsworth is last on the list.

I'm sorry but you can't call a month long search for a manager in the middle of the season anything BUT a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back