Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an almighty battle going on in the boardroom over who should be the next manager

BoardroomBattle.webp

Not one ITK has posted anything as far as I know on this situation. Either they know nothing and Everton are keeping it under wraps or not alot is actually happening?

We are all entitled to our opinions. But lets add a bit of reality.

Estoril - Hats off that is good achievement. Turned a second tier side into a midtable top tier side. Any better than what Dyche has achieved with Burnley and the lowest salary in the premier league? I am going to say no.

Sporting - Finishes third in a three team league with the one of the top three teams. A cup is fine, but like I said Sporting are one of the most successful side in Portuguese history.

Olympiacos - Had won the league for 6 season previously and the one since he left. This is an incredibly weak league.

Hull - arrived with Hull three points off safety. They finished 6 points from safety. They had some good results in that time.

Watford - They have started well this season. But so has Dyche (with a significantly lower wage bill).

I am suggesting although he has done well he hasn't overachieved. We are in danger of looking back and saying what was all the fuss about.

Going back to your question: So why is he highly thought of in footballing circles and why is he rumoured to be on the radar of the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd as a Future Manager?

Because football is a hype machine and he is the latest craze.

I hope I am proved wrong

I did say facts!!!!

Estoril finished 5th and 4th in the Portuguese top division when he managed them, hardly a mid table side like you suggest.

You also fail to address the win percentage, Silva's 53% against Dyche's 39%.

Dyche I agree has done a decent job, but he has no European experience, He has only managed two similar sized clubs whereas Silva has managed clubs big and small in various leagues.

Is Silva a gamble? Yes, but all managers are to some extent. However for what we can hopefully attract to the club he seems to be the best fit.

If not Silva, Who would you go for and why?

Ange Postecoglou (Australian National Manager) is available after just stepping down from the Aussie team.

Won the A-League with Melbourne. I think he did a pretty good job with basically league 1 players and I like his playing style and he thinks outside of the box. In the same mold as Marco Silva and Poch.

Only downside really is he hasn't managed outside of Australia I believe.

Ange Postecoglou (Australian National Manager) is available after just stepping down from the Aussie team.

Won the A-League with Melbourne. I think he did a pretty good job with basically league 1 players and I like his playing style and he thinks outside of the box. In the same mold as Marco Silva and Poch.

Only downside really is he hasn't managed outside of Australia I believe.
Won back to back premierships with Brisbane as well, however as seen with the recent World Cup route he seemingly struggled with the pressure from supporters and media. Something which will only increase with Everton.

Don't see him being looked at.

To be honest, i really dont get the sneering about Dyche, he wouldnt be my first choice, but I wouldnt throw myself under a bus if he came either! I think the work he has done at Burnley has largely been underestimated and whenever i have seen them this season, they have looked an attractive side? They certainly have more flair and more bottle than any Everton side I have seen in the last three seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back