Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he available? Is he not in the same situation as Silva - don't know how long his contract is.

He has done a good job by getting burnley into the prem, twice, and made them steady - if thats even the right word with a relegation.

Still don't see how that qualifies him above others, and what he has done in his career which would make him a better suit to us then someone from abroad (or silva who has done plenty of great things abroad)... besides the fact he has steadyish "premier league experience".... and really is that what we are aiming for in life now?

If he would have took Burnley to Europe, or won a cup with them, I would be impressed and then saying we should potentially be looking at him, but at this point in his career I don't see the difference between him and a Pulis.
Seriously took Burnley into Europe or won a cup. Have you seen their squad? Dyche has spent less (net) in his 5 years at Burnley than Silva did in his 1 window with Watford. Silva is still relatively unproven in the Premiership. I will be happy if we get Silva but shouldn't drag this out if it is obvious that Watford won't cooperate. Dyche will be available because he has been a loyal servant to Burnley and they won't stand in his way to go to a bigger club. Plus he has a release clause in his contract.

Seriously took Burnley into Europe or won a cup. Have you seen their squad? Dyche has spent less (net) in his 5 years at Burnley than Silva did in his 1 window with Watford. Silva is still relatively unproven in the Premiership. I will be happy if we get Silva but shouldn't drag this out if it is obvious that Watford won't cooperate. Dyche will be available because he has been a loyal servant to Burnley and they won't stand in his way to go to a bigger club. Plus he has a release clause in his contract.

Yeah seriously then id be impressed....

He has a OK cv, but really has done nothing of note besides getting his team playing a certain style over a sustained period... which realistically shouldn't be difficult given time.

IMO I honestly put him in the same bracket as a hughes, pulis, and that ilk... Calibre's of manager in my opinion we shouldn't be looking at. Nice fella, could be a good manager but until he has done something that makes me think he can achieve more then an up and down with burnley and steady a ship he isn't for me.

Burnley finish 7th this year ill think maybe he can do something with more resources and at a larger club, but I don't think they will and he might go all Moyes at a bigger club and realise the stability and security of his longer project was probably the best he had.

I should probably mention, am not all sold on Silva. however he has won trophies and some of his work at the smaller club in Portugal was nothing short of amazing.

When you put the likes of Dyche up against managers from the continent who would love a slice of £7m p/a wage we offer and a part of the prem party - he really doesn't stack up. The problem is the whole "premier league experience" crap bounded about...

Fortune favours the bold and all that... doesn't favour the steady Eddie.

Yeah seriously then id be impressed....

He has a OK cv, but really has done nothing of note besides getting his team playing a certain style over a sustained period... which realistically shouldn't be difficult given time.

IMO I honestly put him in the same bracket as a hughes, pulis, and that ilk... Calibre's of manager in my opinion we shouldn't be looking at. Nice fella, could be a good manager but until he has done something that makes me think he can achieve more then an up and down with burnley and steady a ship he isn't for me.

Burnley finish 7th this year ill think maybe he can do something with more resources and at a larger club, but I don't think they will and he might go all Moyes at a bigger club and realise the stability and security of his longer project was probably the best he had.

I'd bet that Burnley are more likely to finish say 14-16th than they are to finish 7th - seen a relatively newly promoted team before doing really well early doors, people rave about them - and then the wheels come off and they crash.

Remember Blackpool in the 10/11 season, sat in 8th place with 2-3 games in hand on all the teams above and just below them after 17 games - 25 points, they ended up getting relegated on 35 points after collapsing.

They aren't the only ones either - happened to a good number of teams that.

Hell even Burnley last season after 23 games where 9th in the league on 29 points, they ended up finishing 16th and only got 11 points from the last 15 games.

I'd bet that Burnley are more likely to finish say 14-16th than they are to finish 7th - seen a relatively newly promoted team before doing really well early doors, people rave about them - and then the wheels come off and they crash.

Remember Blackpool in the 10/11 season, sat in 8th place with 2-3 games in hand on all the teams above and just below them after 17 games - 25 points, they ended up getting relegated on 35 points after collapsing.

They aren't the only ones either - happened to a good number of teams that.

Hell even Burnley last season after 23 games where 9th in the league on 29 points, they ended up finishing 16th and only got 11 points from the last 15 games.

Yeah look am not knocking burnley or the job he has done there... its been done well.

I do however still believe he wouldn't be the man for us, I would agree with your bet, Burnley will do well to finish between 10th and 14th... but that doesn't impress me, Pulis and Hughes have made a career out of that, jesus christ Pardew has even had good seasons getting to cup finals and top 7 finishes which I would say is a better CV then Dyche, would I want him no... not in a million years.

My point being, I think there is managers we should look at, and there are managers we shouldn't... I would hope Dyche was in consideration, but in reality the question of what has he done to impress us, would have been looked at as I do.

Yeah look am not knocking burnley or the job he has done there... its been done well.

I do however still believe he wouldn't be the man for us, I would agree with your bet, Burnley will do well to finish between 10th and 14th... but that doesn't impress me, Pulis and Hughes have made a career out of that, jesus christ Pardew has even had good seasons getting to cup finals and top 7 finishes which I would say is a better CV then Dyche, would I want him no... not in a million years.

My point being, I think there is managers we should look at, and there are managers we shouldn't... I would hope Dyche was in consideration, but in reality the question of what has he done to impress us, would have been looked at as I do.

Yeah pretty much agree mate

Dyche for me would be feeding into the media stereotype of us as plucky little underdogs with a manager like the club who is 'punching above his weight', also as he has the same agent as Allardyce i wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, anyone hiring that toad is someone i'd swerve out of principle

I've been very relaxed about the whole process so far and was quite content for us not to rush into anything, but this is starting to get a little bit silly now. If there's no movement today I would be surprised if anything happens until next week, seeing as we have 2 games over the next few days and any employed manager will have their own team obligations to fulfil. Having a caretaker manager for 7 games is really not a great situation, and time is ticking away for a new manager to actually have any time to make an impact on the season.

"I like David Unsworth and it would be best to keep him and Duncan Ferguson [alongside him] until the end of the season and see what happens," Kanchelskis said.

"Being Everton people they also know what is required at such a club and I think they will get Everton back up the table. I would go back to Everton in any capacity if they wanted me to go and help."

"I have been coaching in Russia and why not go back to Everton? They just have to ask. I would help in any way at Everton, if they want me to. I am ready."

"I like David Unsworth and it would be best to keep him and Duncan Ferguson [alongside him] until the end of the season and see what happens," Kanchelskis said.

"Being Everton people they also know what is required at such a club and I think they will get Everton back up the table. I would go back to Everton in any capacity if they wanted me to go and help."

"I have been coaching in Russia and why not go back to Everton? They just have to ask. I would help in any way at Everton, if they want me to. I am ready."

Great, another one for the Blue Bill emotional "gravy train"

Bring yet another Blue home bill.

I've been very relaxed about the whole process so far and was quite content for us not to rush into anything, but this is starting to get a little bit silly now. If there's no movement today I would be surprised if anything happens until next week, seeing as we have 2 games over the next few days and any employed manager will have their own team obligations to fulfil. Having a caretaker manager for 7 games is really not a great situation, and time is ticking away for a new manager to actually have any time to make an impact on the season.

Yes, I remember last week you were still calm about it.

Now resembling the violinists on the Titanic when they finally decided it was time to stop playing and get the hell out of dodge?

I'd be well up for Kanchelskis coaching our midfielders tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back