Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of dross around the bottom of the league. I include ourselves in that dross, but I think we have enough to keep us out of trouble as long as whoever the manager is, actually organises and manages the team. I just don't see Palace and Swansea having the necessary strength to keep up, so it's them plus another - I wouldn't be surprised by West Brom or West Ham or Stoke if any of those don't pull their finger out asap.

To be honest, I think everyone from Watford down is eminently overtake-able by the current team managed by Unsworth if he gets the players organised and working hard in games. Is Unsworth the man to do the job though? I don't really feel the magic to be honest - though if he gets a run going you never know.

I would like Silva, as I think he would set us up and get personnel in that could implement a good attacking style of play whilst not compromising the defence. He might be on permanent look out for the next big thing, but if he came off, that next big thing could well be us. If we want to get to the level of interesting the Simeones of this world, I think Silva is the man and that's really the reason why I would go for him - if he ain't the best, he is a stepping stone towards the best compared to most of the other names on the list.

Yes agree, one or two of the new boys may stutter too (although I actually hope they all stay up though as I think theirs and Bournemouth's recovery and Leicester's rise show's decent Championship to mid-Prem sides have a cycle of 3-5 years before they wane). Dyche's proved that at Burnley, too.

Coming up from the Championship with a confident squad of young-ish players who've had 2-3 years together works best - versus clinging on with short-term solutions as the demise of Bolton, Wigan, and Sunderland proves.

Of course, it's then great to have one or two word class buys (Kante, Mahrez) and you can then really do damage.

If I translate that to Everton - there's green shoots in Pickford, Kenny, Holgate, FM, Keane (maybe!) but another CB and LB is now vital. In midfield, Davies, Lookman, Lennon, Beningame, Vlasic and DCL up front look promising.

What we need is organisation into a pattern of play that suits Sigs, and leadership from Jags, Roo and ideally dear old Seamus and Ross when their available. We're then a solid mid-table outfit again. A decent striker and more offensive MF could then help us kick-on.

So to your point re: Silva.
I'm really happy DU has this window to prove himself and a run of realistic games against other stop/start teams for us to really judge him. If we don't turn over two out West Ham, Saints and Huddersfield I think I'd be happy for Silva to come in pre-window to see the lads and have a chance to jig things up. If DU does prove himself, let's give him the season and FA Cup... cos you never know : )

COYB

Surge as in 'no change at 3/1'? :cheers:

????

Gone from 5.6 to 3.6 on the Exchanges in the last 30 mins dave; the best place to watch the live betting patterns.

Silva gone from 1.98 to 2.32, that's a drift of many ticks, I would say we're at an impasse and it could be OFF

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSY and his clueless Brexit-themed picks until at least Christmas.

"I like David Unsworth and it would be best to keep him and Duncan Ferguson [alongside him] until the end of the season and see what happens," Kanchelskis said.

"Being Everton people they also know what is required at such a club and I think they will get Everton back up the table. I would go back to Everton in any capacity if they wanted me to go and help."

"I have been coaching in Russia and why not go back to Everton? They just have to ask. I would help in any way at Everton, if they want me to. I am ready."
No thanks. Enough jobs for the boys stuff already going on here.

Probably the only reason he’d want Unsworth to carry on, too. The man thinks a point at Palace is fantastic, all whilst getting absolutely slaughtered by them.

????

Gone from 5.6 to 3.6 on the Exchanges in the last 30 mins dave; the best place to watch the live betting patterns.

Silva gone from 1.98 to 2.32, that's a drift of many ticks, I would say we're at an impasse and it could be OFF

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSY and his clueless Brexit-themed picks until at least Christmas.

This is probably why Orly.

From betfair

"2. Notwithstanding paragraph 1, an individual appointed by the named club on an ‘interim’, ‘caretaker’, ‘temporary’ (including an appointment described as ‘to the end of the season’) or similar basis who remains manager in that capacity for at least 10 completed consecutive Domestic League games (including over the course of more than a single season), will be considered to have been appointed as the next first team manager for the purpose of this market and Betfair will settle the market accordingly on that person."

This is probably why Orly.

From betfair

"2. Notwithstanding paragraph 1, an individual appointed by the named club on an ‘interim’, ‘caretaker’, ‘temporary’ (including an appointment described as ‘to the end of the season’) or similar basis who remains manager in that capacity for at least 10 completed consecutive Domestic League games (including over the course of more than a single season), will be considered to have been appointed as the next first team manager for the purpose of this market and Betfair will settle the market accordingly on that person."

Agree to a large extent mate, the Atlanta game tomorrow won't count so I suppose he's only on 2 of the 10 so far though , perhaps not enough to cause that shift

????

Yup, the "New Everton" era is a joy to behold!

Yup, the "New Everton" era is a joy to behold!

If Silva or LVG had been appointed, we could at least have looked forward to a possible Cup run or a 30 point second half of the season.

With Unnnnnnnsy playing to the crowd with his terrible team selections we are already taking off our socks and trying to do the complicated maths around getting to 40 points

????

Eagerly anticipating another Lyon like line up tomorrow night....

however I would hope after he realised the selection against Lyon was a load of my arse he will give the likes of Sandro 90 mins in a dead rubber match....

????

Short term fluctuations that measures...hours and minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back