Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all entitled to our opinions. But lets add a bit of reality.

Estoril - Hats off that is good achievement. Turned a second tier side into a midtable top tier side. Any better than what Dyche has achieved with Burnley and the lowest salary in the premier league? I am going to say no.

Sporting - Finishes third in a three team league with the one of the top three teams. A cup is fine, but like I said Sporting are one of the most successful side in Portuguese history.

Olympiacos - Had won the league for 6 season previously and the one since he left. This is an incredibly weak league.

Hull - arrived with Hull three points off safety. They finished 6 points from safety. They had some good results in that time.

Watford - They have started well this season. But so has Dyche (with a significantly lower wage bill).

I am suggesting although he has done well he hasn't overachieved. We are in danger of looking back and saying what was all the fuss about.

Going back to your question: So why is he highly thought of in footballing circles and why is he rumoured to be on the radar of the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd as a Future Manager?

Because football is a hype machine and he is the latest craze.

I hope I am proved wrong

Good post.

Which has always been my point. If we're swimming in the same pool as your Sean Dyche's then other candidates such as Allardyce and Pulis fit that bill better, are proven, and more experienced.

As for Silva...to me he's a 'meh'. He could end up being outstanding, could be no better than what the above managers could produce.

But overall, it's incredibly small time with zero ambition.

Dyche is certainly a safer option but Silva looks the better to me.

We aren't going to attract a ready made top quality manager right now such as Guardiola, Mourinho or Simeone despite Moshiri's dreaming.

Silva does seem to go into a club and have a virtually immediate positive impact, he seems to have the ability to take a pack of badly performing players throw them in the air and produce a team that maximises what potential it has, even if that is very little.

If we can't get the ready made choices then the next best realistic choices are those who may become top managers of the future but have yet to establish themselves.

Sometimes you can see as with Rodgers at Swansea or Martinez at Wigan, that despite sometimes indifferent or even very poor results there may be something about their approach to football that could pay out big time at a better club.

With Roberto unfortunately we found the faults inherent in his methods were just too large and the risk we took ultimately failed badly. This need not always be the case and Pochettino was very much small time and unproven when Southampton took him as are all the good and even better than good in their early career.

Its more to do with whether you think the mans methods have the potential to pay off with a larger club and more money, its obviously a risk but then so would Dyche be (and I agree it would be a far safer choice right now but although more pragmatic it would also possibly be more small time too).

I'm not against Sean Dyche at all and realise he's really restricted both to expenditure and possibilities in varying his methods at Burnley. The long ball works there and he's getting results.

I don't though however think opting for the perhaps riskier although imo far more ambitious choice is small time whatsoever.

The long ball stigma unfortunately once acquired by a manager normally sticks, however unfair that is in some cases, and I think unfortunately Sean Dyche has been tarred with that brush and will find it difficult to get a better job than Burnley despite what he achieves there, and there normally is a ceiling as to what is possible too - (Leicester the great miracle is unlikely to happen again in our lifetimes)

Which has always been my point. If we're swimming in the same pool as your Sean Dyche's then other candidates such as Allardyce and Pulis fit that bill better, are proven, and more experienced.

As for Silva...to me he's a 'meh'. He could end up being outstanding, could be no better than what the above managers could produce.

But overall, it's incredibly small time with zero ambition.

Zero ambition?

Who should we target to show that ambition? Ancelotti who ruled it out? Maybe Simeone, who also ruled it out?

If we got Marco Silva it would be a very good appointment and an ambitious move at that, given that nobody outside of our fanbase thinks he should take a 'step down' to us from Watford.

Zero ambition?

Who should we target to show that ambition? Ancelotti who ruled it out? Maybe Simeone, who also ruled it out?

If we got Marco Silva it would be a very good appointment and an ambitious move at that, given that nobody outside of our fanbase thinks he should take a 'step down' to us from Watford.

Exactly, posted much the same above lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back