Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dyche's CV is better than Silva and more suited for Everton"?

Let's look at the facts.

(ESTORIL 2012-2014) in Portugal. Silver took this 2nd division side from 10th and got them promoted as champions. The following season he took them to 5th place in the Portuguese top division, a first for the club and also qualified for the Europa league, also a first. The next season they finished fourth while inflicting a first home defeat on Porto since 2008.

(SPORTING 2014-2015) Led them to 3rd place in the championship and won the cup, thier first piece of silverware since 2008. Bizarrely sacked for not wearing club's official suit.

(OLYMPIOCOS 2015-2016) Won the title with a European record of 17 consecutive wins. Also played in the champions league including a victory over Arsenal at the Emirates. Left for personal reasons.

(HULL CITY JAN-MAY 2017) Joined when adrift at the bottom of the premiership. Almost achieved the impossible with a limited squad and a pitch that was being shared by a rugby team. Won his first four home games including victories over the red s***e and Man Utd in the cup.

(WATFORD 2017)......

So why is he highly thought of in footballing circles and why is he rumoured to be on the radar of the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd as a Future Manager?

European, Premiership and Champions league experience. Gets the best out of average players (Cleverly). Tactically aware. Attractive football. Impressive CV at his clubs. Has won titles and trophies. Still only young. Very impressive average win percentage of 53%.

Sean Dyche has a win percentage of 39%

So which part of Dyche's CV is better?

Victory over the RS is the only thing i care about. Get him in Moshiri!

If you were Moshiri Dave

Would you give an interim manager enough wedge to sort out our defence and attack, knowing full well that a new , permanent manager would be coming in the summer?

And, that manager would no doubt demand significant funds be made available, so he could get the players he wants in.

It just doesn't make good business sense to me at all.

We need to get a permanent replacement in now, let him assess the squad for himself, and begin planning for the January window.

You make a good point and admittably we are in a fix ?
- but then who do we get someone who we dont want just to get the manager now !
, the favorites we are punting are good candidates Siemone , Tuchel - Silva , which unfortunately we have issues obtaining
Therefore unless there is another quality manager being touted , I believe we need to stick to our guns with Unsy interim manager , with the squad we have I believe can finish mid or just below mid table playing to their potential

He failed to clear up the catastrophic mess from martinez's reign....god help whoever comes in now be it Silva, Pulis etc. How much money will we throw around in Jan to buy players from premier clubs who will demand inflated prices as they know we are desperate? Total and utter shambles
So catastrophic that they were able to get 7th pretty much without instruction from that divvy Koeman in the season after RM left.

Take a look at this situation now: it's a devastated football club. On the floor in terms of personnel quality and levels of morale.

Dont pretend the two scenarios are remotely the same. We are now facing a long march out of the wilderness.

If you were Moshiri Dave

Would you give an interim manager enough wedge to sort out our defence and attack, knowing full well that a new , permanent manager would be coming in the summer?

And, that manager would no doubt demand significant funds be made available, so he could get the players he wants in.

It just doesn't make good business sense to me at all.

We need to get a permanent replacement in now, let him assess the squad for himself, and begin planning for the January window.
It wouldn't be that expensive.

Get shut of Mirallas and Schneiderlin and Klaassen and use the proceeds on players in key positions who'll defo get a game here.

Job done.

Funes Mori, Barkley, Bolasie, McCarthy plus Coleman. 5 first team peak age players there to come back. Unsworth after the weekend will have played 5 out of 6 games away from home. If he gets anything from Soton Unsworth will have steadied the ship, and be looking at a run of home games.
Exactly.

Silva if possible; if not I;d go with Unsworth no problem.

Rubbish. The ref gifted us a pen and they gifted us the 2nd goal against Palace. There was literally no way we were getting back in that game without outside help. There was nothing to suggest the players were playing better or working harder for "Unsy". And Watford? Same thing. Gifted it to us. They could, and should, have been out of sight but they took their foot off the gas and we clawed it back. But that was the last 20 minutes and even then we conspired to hand it back to them. Good job Tom Snivelley snatched the ball from his team mate is all I can say.

There's literally no evidence that "Unsy" can cut it at this level. None.
Gifts gifts gifts...the harder we work the luckier we get.

Silva worries me, plays with wingers of which we don’t have any and his teams don’t seem to defend well.

Think we’ll pay a stupid amount then we’ll be looking to get shot of him in March.
Lookman, Lennon? Also Seamus will be bombing on again in a few months...

Do we not need that to give DCL and Oumar a bit more service and the likes of Barkley, Sigs and Roo a few targets to aim at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back