Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

What is this "manager" person of which you speak ?
DrnsnW.gif

After dawdling for weeks on placing a vote, I've gone for Dyche

I genuinely think he's a good manager who is ready to step up to a bigger challenge

Yes, he took Burnley down, but he had a bloody good go at keeping them up. He then brought them straight back up the following season, securing their Premiership status the next

This season Burnley are up in the top half, whilst we languish near the bottom

I honestly think there's something there with him

Yes, there's no guarantee

Yes, it's a gamble

Yes, he doesn't do the loads of passing style that so many on here seem to want

And

Yes, he's not an "exciting" or "exotic" choice

Despite that, he's still my #1 pick for the job

Just something about him that makes me think he's capable of more if he's given a better budget and a chance to work with our existing squad. I can't explain it, I just get a "good vibe" from him

I've finally declared lads and ladies. Took me bloody long enough I know!

Not sure about Marco Silva.

Didn't he lose every match at Hull?

You absolute whopper Gareth.

Silva would be an amazing appointment. He's worked miracles at every club he's been at.

No way we will get him, though.

Silva would be an amazing appointment. What he did in Greece was quite remarkable. And he very nearly did the impossible with Hull.

Still think we'll get Dyche like.

It is incredible when you consider how desperately poor they were when Silva was appointed.

Winning ONE from 18 would have been amazing with that Hull squad!!

Marco Silva had an amazing win percentage at Hull. And before that he worked wonders at Olympiacos.

Cracking young manager.

Great post.

Marco Silva is on a completely different level to Dyche.

Taking a club like Estoril from the lower reaches of Portugal's second tier (Segunda Liga) to the higher echelons of the Portuguese top-flight (Primeira Liga) was also extremely impressive.

Silva has done well at every club he's been at.

I genuinely think he's a good manager who is ready to step up to a bigger challenge

Yes, he took Burnley down, but he had a bloody good go at keeping them up. He then brought them straight back up the following season, securing their Premiership status the next

Yes, it's a gamble

And

Just something about him that makes me think he's capable of more if he's given a better budget and a chance to work with our existing squad. I can't explain it, I just get a "good vibe" from him

Yes, he's got a pulse.....

Yes, it's a gamble

And

Dyche would be the solid but unspectacular choice. Does Mosh want that?It seems not or we could have got him weeks ago.

Yes, it's a gamble

And

Burnley last season after 23 games where in 9th mate, they only got 11 points the rest of the season though.

Can he actually set up a team that doesn't sit in its own box for 65% of a game?

Can he actually manage bigger names and bigger egos?

Can he handle pressure at a bigger club?

Can he actually do anything g with a bigger budget, the games littered with managers who've done well when having to scrimp and save on players, who when they get a bigger chequebook have flopped terribly.

Silva was/is the last stand probably before they confirm Unsworth.

They say money talks, well, not always, and anyone else offered the job now can seem fairly sure they are Plan Z, so not exactly enticing to anyone, be it Dyche or someone else.

I expect Royle and the club ambassadors to start a serious buttering us up over the weekend for what seems like the inevitable confirmation of Unsworth.

Not that any of this is his fault, I happen to think he is trying his level best to get to grips which is a mess not of his making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back