Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everything you said there, but teturns are almost never happy in football. Joa has his day with us, i think bringing him back would be wrong, simply because of how unlikely it is he would be able to replicate his first stint with us.nothing to do with age, just to do with the fact that 'comebacks' so rarely succeed
I get that, and the old adage, never go back is seldom wrong. What I'm getting at is why people assume that modern football and tactics are automatically better than those 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago.

I get that, and the old adage, never go back is seldom wrong. What I'm getting at is why people assume that modern football and tactics are automatically better than those 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago.
I get you mate, in answer, all i can say is that a certain Mr Ranieri proved everybody wring on that point just recently. All the Fifa maestro's babbling on about how 4-4-2 or playing without a false number nine cannot work anymore :)

Ralf Rangnik favourite in some quarters haha.

I can just see us sacking that Ralf Rangnik in the summer.

What on Earth is going on at Everton?

Dont think he is the man, I think he backed off from day to day management for health reasons - which I think is funny considering the knobs at the club are apparently interviewing him hahahaha.

We obviously have no clue, and if we are now looking at managers with no prem experience - then please cast the net wider there is much better prospects out there. Get arl Ralf in as DoF by all means.

People can slate the board all they want but you guys have drawn up a realistic shortlist of just hiddink and tuchel, both of whom are probably out of our reach anyway. Seems like everyone wants to call them a shambles when quite frankly I can't think of any manager out there who's any good who will come when we click our fingers.

People can slate the board all they want but you guys have drawn up a realistic shortlist of just hiddink and tuchel, both of whom are probably out of our reach anyway. Seems like everyone wants to call them a shambles when quite frankly I can't think of any manager out there who's any good who will come when we click our fingers.

I think thats the thing though mate, realistically there is plenty of good managers on the continent and further afield who would come in and do a really good job, but as a club (and fanbase for the most part) we are pretty bad at thinking outside the box.

The whole "prem experience" crap seems to be too high on peoples list rather then looking for what we need form a club perspective. Too much fear about being bold and going and appointing someone with no prem experience - not that it matters any appointment now carries a large level of risk - Koeman had prem experience and basically f'ed us right over.

The thing is the club needs to do better at casting their net out and finding the right managers, and realistically for the wages we offer, the transfer budgets they could have and the premier challenge for 90% of managers it would be tempting.

Tuchel and Ancelloti might be out of our reach - however, the question and package needs to be put infront of them to see if it makes them look twice.

We need to be more creative and bold, otherwise we can carry on hiring the likes of a Moyes, a Dyche or Hughes or that ilk forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back