Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were willing to spunk £12 million on compensation for Silva, use that to swing it for Tuchel or someone of that quality.

I don't want him anywhere near EFC. The guy is a fraud. Put 10 men behind the ball and nick a goal from a set piece, anyone could do that. But we are running out of options. We just need someone to come in and steady the ship for a while, Big Sam may be the man who could do that. I think Pardew or Paul Lambert til the end of the season, both are looking to get back into work and would see it as a short term job to get their reputations back on track. At least they wouldn't have us go through the agony of watching an Allardyce or Pulis team

UNSWORTH CAN'T.
KOEMAN COULDN'T.

At the moment i would take that, rather than see us concede 5 at home to a side that hasn't won an away game all season and the same side have only ever won 1 away game in European football before last night.

If we were willing to spunk £12 million on compensation for Silva, use that to swing it for Tuchel or someone of that quality.

Sadly I think its been proven that its not as simple as that. If we were willing to pay Watford £20m for Silva, you would assume that the offer of a huge cash incentive to Tuchel would have at least been considered.

There is this idea in the Sky era, that it's possible to "throw money" at people and/or problems. The reality is far more complex. We have struggled to attract players of a certain quality and the same goes for managers.

Logic suggests that a team that has just invested its greatest ever gross transfer spend shouldn't be reduced to a quivering wreck, but football doesn't work like that.

I would go as far as to say that the availabilty of cash to spend, albeit modest, has actually contributed in large part to our problems this season, merely as its arrival obviously contributed to spending it in such an uncoordinated, carefree manner, thanks to Koeman and Walsh. We will end up paying the bills on this for a long time.

Please stop with the big Sam stuff, please. Just stop.

We aren't that pathetic and we are still able to spend some big $$$$.

images

Sadly I think its been proven that its not as simple as that. If we were willing to pay Watford £20m for Silva, you would assume that the offer of a huge cash incentive to Tuchel would have at least been considered.

There is this idea in the Sky era, that it's possible to "throw money" at people and/or problems. The reality is far more complex. We have struggled to attract players of a certain quality and the same goes for managers.

Logic suggests that a team that has just invested its greatest ever gross transfer spend shouldn't be reduced to a quivering wreck, but football doesn't work like that.

I would go as far as to say that the availabilty of cash to spend, albeit modest, has actually contributed in large part to our problems this season, merely as its arrival obviously contributed to spending it in such an uncoordinated, carefree manner, thanks to Koeman and Walsh. We will end up paying the bills on this for a long time.

Fair one mate, very well put.

After a result like that some fans or betters will naturally knee jerk towards that type of figure mate.

I actually think the league from 6th down is that bad this year mate that - if we ever where gonna have a shocker of a season then this was the one we could possibly still survive with it.

The next three games come against the worst attack i have seen all season in saints, the worst side (bar us) i have seen all season in west ham - and one with even less backbone and pace than us, and a hudds side who have probably the worst squad on paper in the league

a very telling group of games

..I write off the Southampton game because I can’t see us getting anything away from home. The two home games are key and vital we get somebody in ahead of those for a possible ‘bounce’. If we don’t at least get some positivity into the club we could easily lose those home games.

4 wins desperately required ahead of the January transfer window to keep our head above water.

To be honest Billy, I don’t think it is the lack of a manager that is killing us.....it is the garbage on the field and the money which has been absolutely spunked by our previous disaster of a manage and his useless sidekick masquerading as a DOF.

And of course both of them were appointed by a man whom appears to know sod all about the game.

It's both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back