Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this morning’s article about Moshiri in The Times, we sent you a cease-and-desist letter in regards to Silva so I’d say he can’t be on the shortlist any longer if that’s true. Would also partly explain Silva refusing to say anything if it’s become in any way legal.

Won’t repeat anything after this as it’s not really my place to comment on your situation. But after this whole Silva thing, I watched your game last night out of pure interest. I realise it won’t be popular and I know you had players missing - but Dyche or Allardyce may not be who you want, but they may be who you need this sort you out both on and off the pitch. Silva wouldn’t be able to do anything with you on last nights showing because he purely isn’t good enough as a defensive coach at present and that seems to be where the main issue is with you.

Struggling to think who the other two on the shortlist are.

giphy.gif

The crux of the problem is, that because of an egalitarian(ish) distribution of TV funds, clubs necessity to sell has almost diminished. This may not last forever, as with previous bubbles wages may catch up and clubs will then be short of money again, but given how much further ahead we are than any other league in terms of revenue I find it hard to think it will happen as quickly or in truth at all.

People listen to lads like Jamie Redknap declaring "he will go when the money's right" in relation to VVD. Not only is he an idiot but he's living in the past. There is no incentive to sell if he has 5 years to run, much like Countinho this summer.

In years gone by, Watford would have seen the offer as a nice little earner. They have no need too now. At this moment Silva may literally be priceless.

Everton will no doubt claim bad luck via the local journos. They should have had a proper shortlist of 8 or 10 names and been speaking to people 3 or 4 at once from the moment Koeman went (and probably before).

Let's put it this way, when go to sell a product I am expected to quickly ascertain likelyhood of success. If I spend weeks on something which doesn't come off, it wouldn't be an excuse for me to say "well they wouldn't budge". Rightly they would say you hadn't prospected the difficulties properly.

We repeat the same patterns as the summer. We got dragged on and on with Sigurdsson and because we Elstone/Kenwright can't close deals and can only work on one deal at a time we are left with too little time to do essential business. We have to question, are they fit to be running a Premier League football club?

In my workplace, if last night would have happened there would have been a 0900 meeting and a statement put out. We will get neither. Incredible.

totally agree, i don't know why we're silva or bust in exactly the same way that we were giroud or bust. We also never had a backup plan in place for if mori's injury would be worse than first thought. We really should have thinking, we could be heading into the season with 3 CB's here, so should have had a plan in place.

It's all very amateur.

totally agree, i don't know why we're silva or bust in exactly the same way that we were giroud or bust. We also never had a backup plan in place for if mori's injury would be worse than first thought. We really should have thinking, we could be heading into the season with 3 CB's here, so should have had a plan in place.

It's all very amateur.

Three CBs... including Williams and Jagielka, both finished at the top level. A left back much the same.

Amazing mismanagement at the club.

According to this morning’s article about Moshiri in The Times, we sent you a cease-and-desist letter in regards to Silva so I’d say he can’t be on the shortlist any longer if that’s true. Would also partly explain Silva refusing to say anything if it’s become in any way legal.

Won’t repeat anything after this as it’s not really my place to comment on your situation. But after this whole Silva thing, I watched your game last night out of pure interest. I realise it won’t be popular and I know you had players missing - but Dyche or Allardyce may not be who you want, but they may be who you need this sort you out both on and off the pitch. Silva wouldn’t be able to do anything with you on last nights showing because he purely isn’t good enough as a defensive coach at present and that seems to be where the main issue is with you.

Get in the bin mate

The day I listen to Watford fans advising us to go for the likes of Allardyce is the day when the world ends.

Everton are currently crap, but the world ain't ending today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back