Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You said we went into freefall afterwards, we didn't, we won the League 2 years later. Heysel played its part, of course it did, but to be as bitter (your word) as you towards them and citing Heysel as THE SOLE reason is wrong. We just didn't sit in our hands when the Prem was formed, we sat on them for 5 or 6 years prior to it being formed too. After we won that last title, we made a right pigs ear of it. Harvey took us to 4th, 8th and 6th in the 3 seasons after Heysel. Just look at who finished above us in those years after Heysel and tell me bad decisions by our club didn't play a huge part in our 'downfall'. Teams like Forest, Palace, Coventry and Derby.
Your totally barking up the wrong tree about them doubts too. Just because I have a different opinion to you about what went wrong, that makes me a Kopite?

There's @MoutsGoat barking up the wrong tree again....

The level of research that has had to go into that post is quite something, mum let you stay up late that night?

There is no power on Merseyside. The only power is 30 miles up the M62.

We're just two clubs scrapping it out for meaningless places.

You won't win anything, we won't win anything.

Thats what the idiot doesn't get. As a collective we have gone from having the best two teams in Europe, to having 2 sides who've won a league cup in 10 years, while the the alleged bitter rivals (de mancs) have dominated football for 20 years. Rather than worrying about his own team, catching up Manchester United and Manchester City, he's busy on here having a laugh at little old Everton. It really is the 1 eyes man king in the land of the blind.

He's going to need years of therapy and a patient brass to get over this premature spaffing here.

Three years for this. Three years!

Potentially the funniest thing about the whole thing is he comes out now, in 17 days we are going to Anfield where we will quite probably get beaten by a cricket score, and he chooses to come out after we lose in a meaningless game when already out the EL.

Another case of jizzing before the zip is down

And sad. This person, apart from supporting the rs, has got some problems going on. Maybe someone on here could help and point him in the right direction.

All joking aside he probably needs support and I am slightly worried for the lad. I'll probably send him a PM later if he's still about. I have no major problem with him staying, though I sense he will keep haranguing people until he's gone.

Prevenger17. You questioned my credentials of being a Blue, because I said I quite like Klopp. Am I not allowed to like someone from the other side without raising suspicion of being a red? I'm questioning yours. Your 31? And you only started getting into footy in you early twenties? So, about 7-10 years ago. By your own admission, you hated the RS before you started following us. Tells me a lot about the type of supporter you are.
Of course, there's nothing wrong with getting into it late in life, but I'm not having someone like you raising suspicions of me. I was there thru the 80s, one of the best games/memories of my life v Bayern. I've seen us win the League. I've spent thousands following this club. I was born a Blue, my kids are Blues. We're not fans because footy became hip. We're proper fans.

@Prevenger17 Feast on his battered carcass

one of the funniest posts of all time @bluestevon I think. Soooo funny, and is indicative of the tubthumping not that long back. Makes it even more amusing

So how to make us Sexy...

Raise the profile of the club through a statement signing, or several of these, various names have been bandied about, most of whom whilst very good footballers will not exactly have the likes of Nike and such rushing to throw big fat deals at us, to a football purest they may make sense, Scneiderlein, Witsel etc are all very good footballers, but are they a 'statement' - the short answer is no, they will improve the team, they will move us up the league, but they won't change a thing on the grander scale of how we are perceived.

So what type of big name signing can we make, what is a realistic 'statement' - who can we attract, and why would they come? and who would make a difference on a global scale - which is what Moshiri is aiming for.
Before getting into naming names, we have to think about the finances of the club right at this minute and make a few assumntions on what we have and what will happen shortly

As @The Esk has stated in several other threads, we will look to raise our wage structure by at least 35-40m this season over the currently allowed amount of 7m allowed by the premiership FPP rules, and we are in a situation that the money is their for whatever we can attract to us, so say a estimate of a 150m transfer budget (high end estimate), to allow us to move the wage structure of the club up sevral notches, we will need to sell Stones for example, so overall the budget will be more in the region of 200m to spend, and with a 47m increase in the wages we pay per season allowed - which tarnslates to a 904k increase in wages across the club.

So here we are, sat with 200m to spend and with 900k pw we can spend on incoming players, let's add to this total with players already departed or who are likely to depart in the near future (yet more assumptions i know), Osman, Hibbert, Pienaar, Howard - 160k pw, Stones, Cleverley, McGeady, Kone and Naisse (loan) - frees up another 200k pw and liklely brings in about 10m in added fees on top of Stones.

So we are left with 210m and 1.26m per week in wages we can offer incoming players now, when you look at those figures they are mind blowing, but by all accounts they are what we will be dealing with this summer in all likelihood shoudl Moshiri manage to do what he has set out to do (and given his record so far - we shouldn't doubt he will manage what he sets out for)

Say Lukaku and Ross resign for massive improved deals, and across the squad in general a fair few new and improved contracts are given out, which wipes out 260k pw and in doing so sets the bar for wages at a massively higher total - 140k pw for Lukaku, 100-110k pw for Barkley etc
and now let's say we get a few of the players we have been linked with in - the likes of Strootman (20m), Witsel (25m) and we go for Butland (30m) and VVD (30m), we buy Milik or Janssen for 15m
thats 120m spent, and probably looking at around 500k in wages (again a generous estimate)
leaves the club with 90m and 500k in wages still burning a hole in our lovely Iranians pocket, but no statement signing, just some very good ones that will make the team very competitive, say we then blow a 30m bid on Perisic (current flavour of the month after his Euro exploits and also a position we depserately need sorting) and we give him parity with rom on wages - so another 140k and 30m gone

we are then left with a 60m and 360 pw situation, to go out their and target a 'statement' signing for the club to propel us into the spotlight, go throw that at Madrid, offer them their asking price for James Rodriguez and see what they actually say when we slap the money on the table, and see what his agent says when we offer to double his current 110k pw wages.

Honestly it sounds mental even typing this out, but money talks in football, and if we are serious in making a statement then we couldn't make a bigger on than this.

@Prevenger17, @Steve0, @ToffeeDan @Zatara, @MoutsGoat, @ToffeeTim and all you other deluded fools, your boys took one hell of a beating!!!

does anyone remember the optimism when Moshiri took over? "We're millionaires", "we can now buy some of the best players in Europe coz we're minted", "the kopites heads will be falling off", the new ground. Walsh is the real reason Leics won the League. We’re back among the big boys. Then in June. Keane is better than VVD, Klaasen will be a beast. Sandro will take the League by storm, Rooney the Legend returns home. The balance of power is shifting on Merseyside, the Kopites are worried, they've only bought a Chelsea reject to improve the 1st 11. We've had talk on here about Ancelotti, Mourinho, Simeone etc, some of the Worlds best. A look at the betting for next Manager will tell you exactly where your pecking order is English football. As Everton have embarrassed themselves in Europe, both on AND off the pitch,Liverpool are sitting top of their CHAMPIONS LEAGUE group, unbeaten. The kopites heads are indeed falling off...........with laugher. It's hilarious. I doubt you will get relegated because you DO have some talented players but when you can't score AND can't defend, it spells trouble, let's hope it carries on and you drop down, never to return. Tee hee. Cheers for months and months of amusement. It's been fun. The funniest bits by far have been the quite magnificent levels of delusions of grandeur. The transfer thread and all the chest beating, bragging and blind optimism. An honorary mention to the Koeman thread around the time of 'Christmas tree gate' which showed what a peculiar bunch of supporters you are with strange aversion to Red. Oh and the Moshiri buying the LiverBirds thread, oh, and a thread that turned into a contest of who hated YNWA the most and turned a poster or 2 to violence...........all Because of a song!!!!! Weirdos. Lol. It brought me many hearty laughs My fun has been had though. It doesn't get much funnier.,,..........but hey, Liverpool lost a 3 goal lead on Tuesday so it's not all bad eh?
Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll win a few more 'Liverpool lost a game' trophies before the seasons end. Never know, you might even win a Derby, it's been long enough and you're defo due a win. I'm sure most of you would have took finishing 17th and winning a Derby, before the season started anyway,as it means that much to yers. 22 years and counting without a pot, apart from a few 'Liverpool losing a final' trophies. There's always the cuckoo clock to look at though. We go the game, that's what we do? 17000, 3k of which were Atalanta? The stadium thread was another great one too, obsessive about having a bigger capacity than the RS? Yers are obsessed by Liverpool, every single thread on here you will find some mention of Liverpool crammed in, it's genuinely weird. It Would have been quite funny to see that crowd last night in a 60k capacity ground though. Here's to a successful relegation. Thanks for the entertainment.

I'm actually honoured you singled me out for special mention. I'm glad I sufficiently rattled you that you couldn't get me out your mind you wall pushing prick.

I am to you what Demba Ba is to your DJ punching supreme leader.

Sooooo, they’re not as good as you all made out? Really? Like your signings? Ha ha. They were supposed to be world beaters too. Oh well

Our young world cup winning squad are currently in our first team squad mate. Last night we had 6 academy graduates involved, 7 lads under 21, 3 teenagers from the clubs academy on the pitch at the same time etc. When was the last time LFC could boost of such a record? I don't think you could ever say this in the entirety of your history.

It's small mercy's on a bad night. However, the lads who won the world cup are in our playing squad, while yours will be sold off to the Bournemouths of this world.

One of the Everton Facebook groups who put the team up a couple of hours before it was announced yesterday have just put this on.

—————————

Just been told (don’t ask from who)

New manager appointment is imminent and despite what’s been said in the media is 99% still Marco Silva.

As is a new chief executive to replace Elstone, all I know is that he’s possibly Scottish and wants to make a lot of changes behind the scenes, the change of chief exec is being pushed by Moshiri.

Take it as you will just don’t give me grief as I’m only relaying what I’ve been told.

————-

one of the funniest posts of all time @bluestevon I think. Soooo funny, and is indicative of the tubthumping not that long back. Makes it even more amusing

Raise the profile of the club through a statement signing, or several of these, various names have been bandied about, most of whom whilst very good footballers will not exactly have the likes of Nike and such rushing to throw big fat deals at us, to a football purest they may make sense, Scneiderlein, Witsel etc are all very good footballers, but are they a 'statement' - the short answer is no, they will improve the team, they will move us up the league, but they won't change a thing on the grander scale of how we are perceived.

So what type of big name signing can we make, what is a realistic 'statement' - who can we attract, and why would they come? and who would make a difference on a global scale - which is what Moshiri is aiming for.
Before getting into naming names, we have to think about the finances of the club right at this minute and make a few assumntions on what we have and what will happen shortly

As @The Esk has stated in several other threads, we will look to raise our wage structure by at least 35-40m this season over the currently allowed amount of 7m allowed by the premiership FPP rules, and we are in a situation that the money is their for whatever we can attract to us, so say a estimate of a 150m transfer budget (high end estimate), to allow us to move the wage structure of the club up sevral notches, we will need to sell Stones for example, so overall the budget will be more in the region of 200m to spend, and with a 47m increase in the wages we pay per season allowed - which tarnslates to a 904k increase in wages across the club.

So here we are, sat with 200m to spend and with 900k pw we can spend on incoming players, let's add to this total with players already departed or who are likely to depart in the near future (yet more assumptions i know), Osman, Hibbert, Pienaar, Howard - 160k pw, Stones, Cleverley, McGeady, Kone and Naisse (loan) - frees up another 200k pw and liklely brings in about 10m in added fees on top of Stones.

So we are left with 210m and 1.26m per week in wages we can offer incoming players now, when you look at those figures they are mind blowing, but by all accounts they are what we will be dealing with this summer in all likelihood shoudl Moshiri manage to do what he has set out to do (and given his record so far - we shouldn't doubt he will manage what he sets out for)

Say Lukaku and Ross resign for massive improved deals, and across the squad in general a fair few new and improved contracts are given out, which wipes out 260k pw and in doing so sets the bar for wages at a massively higher total - 140k pw for Lukaku, 100-110k pw for Barkley etc
and now let's say we get a few of the players we have been linked with in - the likes of Strootman (20m), Witsel (25m) and we go for Butland (30m) and VVD (30m), we buy Milik or Janssen for 15m
thats 120m spent, and probably looking at around 500k in wages (again a generous estimate)
leaves the club with 90m and 500k in wages still burning a hole in our lovely Iranians pocket, but no statement signing, just some very good ones that will make the team very competitive, say we then blow a 30m bid on Perisic (current flavour of the month after his Euro exploits and also a position we depserately need sorting) and we give him parity with rom on wages - so another 140k and 30m gone

we are then left with a 60m and 360 pw situation, to go out their and target a 'statement' signing for the club to propel us into the spotlight, go throw that at Madrid, offer them their asking price for James Rodriguez and see what they actually say when we slap the money on the table, and see what his agent says when we offer to double his current 110k pw wages.

Honestly it sounds mental even typing this out, but money talks in football, and if we are serious in making a statement then we couldn't make a bigger on than this.

Been reading a few of your posts on RAWK RedSince86

YOU'RE QUITE THE DORK AINT YA?!!

Must take you ages to type with toes for fingers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back