Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane, Sigurdsson, Pickford, Klaassen, Martina, Williams, Schneiderlin - all Koeman signings without a shadow of a doubt. He either knew them, worked with them before or expressed an interest in them.

Only Pickford and Keane have been decent...and the latter is stretching that clam at the moment.

Lookman, DCL, Gueye, Sandro and Vlasic...all unquestionably Walsh type signings.

I agree, think Keane let down by the others in defence and it is showing.

managed him on loan first time i think and he did well for 6-9 months there, last time he ended up being suspended from footy for 18 months and had to be sacked by the club.

Barton whilst an utter cretin and a'hole, is kind of not the player that is a problem either though mate as he would have zero dressing room support so can just be handled as an irritation/irrelevance ultimately

Bit different if your handling a player whose been the club a long time, has friends amongst the other players and is 'respected'

Can’t really blame him for Barton’s gambling.

I think he handles players well. Bought Defour for a lot of money by their standards, was a big signing for them. Dropped him to the bench because he didn’t work hard enough - the penny dropped for him, and now he works a lot harder.
Sort of thing we should have done with Morgan months ago.

Agree with every word in that post Dave, Koeman rightly had to go, but their should have been an experienced manager lined up. Unsworth never stood a chance with that disjointed, leaderless squad left to him, players also know Unsy isn't going to be here for long, which in my opinion goes against him with some players in that squad. Just the same I hope Unsworth can turn it around until the new man comes in. I honestly think Mourhino would have struggled with this Everton team.
Absolutely mate. It's like plaiting sawdust trying to get a result from that lot.

And yes, a replacement should have been in place. It's just amateur night stuff. As per...

I agree, think Keane let down by the others in defence and it is showing.

Keane has been awful. You really can’t blame Williams when Keane ducks out the way of the ball, gives a terrible pass, is brushed off the ball or is totally flat footed when someone waltzes by him.

Keane has been awful. You really can’t blame Williams when Keane ducks out the way of the ball, gives a terrible pass, is brushed off the ball or is totally flat footed when someone waltzes by him.

True but I think he can become outstanding but not when partnered with Jags, Williams and Baines at LB not to mention some of the dross in front of him.

Koeman with the players he assembled got us 8 points from a possible 27 on offer. Unsworth with Koeman's players has got us half that amount in a third of the games Koeman had this season.

If we'd stuck with Koeman we'd be on 8 points right now.

He had nothing to offer other than a relegation spot. He'd completely lost the plot and all motivation for the job.

He didn't do his job in the summer and then when the season got going he ran away from the mess he'd created.
But the point is he shouldn’t have been sacked until an alternative had been identified and ideally negotiations at least initiated.
Our caretaker manager should at worst only been asked to look after 2 or 3 games at most.
That is how a professional organisation would have performed. Instead someone at our club decided to give the youth coach ‘a go’ to see how he did. Ridiculous and amateur way to run a professional football club.

Thing is mate, be wary when the media want Everton to do something as by and large they want us in a set place and to stay there, Dyche fits their well crafted image of us, no matter how bad a few seasons they where having - they would never ever suggest him for one of the current top 6 jobs for example.

It's generally easier to manage characters the further you go down the pyramid mate, because your 'usually' dealing with smaller ego's, players who if they get binned off may struggle to get clubs near the same level again etc.

couple of well planted stories at a big club from a player or agent can sow the seeds to wreck the manager long term or at least undermine, at a smaller team it's not a story they'd probably even bother running in the paper.

I just see Dyche as 'at best' another Moyes mate, capable of managing to a certain level in a certain style, but with a very very defined upper ceiling no matter at what club he was at.

It’s a good point you make about characters, and it would undoubtedly be harder for him here with the likes of Mirallas and Morgan, but these are the types we probably need to get shut of to get ourselves out of this mess.

You may well be right about his ceiling mate but I just don’t think we can say for sure unless he’s given a fair crack somewhere. Obviously I’d prefer Silva but he doesn’t appear to be coming and nobody bigger will touch us with a poo covered stick currently.

Dominic Fifield (Guardian sports journalist -London based) speaking on Sunday Supplement commenting on our Palace point and David Unsworth's chances...

"They're not going to stick it with David Unsworth, I saw Everton at Palace last week and that is the worst Everton side i've seen in years. I can't understand it, even with the lack of Lukaku and obviously you've lost the focal point and a goalscorer by selling him... I can't understand how a club that has spent £140m or whatever their outlay was can be so much worse, they were a shambles, an absolute shambles of a performance, they got a point and it was almost as if they were revelling in that, they were triumphant in getting a point against a team that was rooted to the bottom of the table, but it's a mess, it's a mess and they need a concise strategy and they don't appear to have one"

Tbf I thought much the same about our very fortunate win against Watford, a great result and comeback, largely helped by their sub goalkeeper being Captain Chaos and Cleverleys finest moment for us, couldn't hide for me what a shambles of a performance that was either.

Dominic Fifield (Guardian sports journalist -London based) speaking on Sunday Supplement commenting on our Palace point and David Unsworth's chances...

"They're not going to stick it with David Unsworth, I saw Everton at Palace last week and that is the worst Everton side i've seen in years. I can't understand it, even with the lack of Lukaku and obviously you've lost the focal point and a goalscorer by selling him... I can't understand how a club that has spent £140m or whatever their outlay was can be so much worse, they were a shambles, an absolute shambles of a performance, they got a point and it was almost as if they were revelling in that, they were triumphant in getting a point against a team that was rooted to the bottom of the table, but it's a mess, it's a mess and they need a concise strategy and they don't appear to have one"

Tbf I thought much the same about our very fortunate win against Watford, a great result and comeback, largely helped by their sub goalkeeper being Captain Chaos and Cleverleys finest moment for us, couldn't hide for me what a shambles of a performance that was either.

We’ve been very lucky to get 4 points from the last 2 and no mistake, a similar performance against a poor Saints team will see us get beaten by at least 2 goals.

I understand the difficulties in getting confidence back but I really can’t understand with us the persistent meekness and timidity.

You can lack confidence but still try things and go out with an attitude that you will give your all.

Individually and collectively are the players at all not sick to death of being afraid of their lives in a blue shirt?

Surely they get together and say we’ll go out and try and play, they might actually enjoy the experience.

It doesn’t guarantee a result, but it makes one more likely. We have decent players, we are not a side that has just come up after 20 years in the Championship.

I don’t think I have ever witnessed such a fragile group of players at the club, IMO there must be rifts and bad feeling amongst them which is a tremendous worry.

Todays game might tell us who it will be. I would imagine the new managers representatives would be there today if it is to be announced tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back