Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope mate, can't have the next manager being one that Kenwright wanted IMO, just strengthens his power art the club if that happens

Seems a bit petty to me mate, Dyche looks to me to be the second best realistic option after Silva, and by some margin. Dyche would get us solid defensively and playing with passion, and he'd almost certainly not be afraid to weed out the bad eggs and the ones who don't want to follow his lead. He's a strong man manager, and we could do with one of those badly.

Kenwright has dulled everyones senses so much that dyche is acceptable, the fat toad needs to go

By the sounds of it Moshiri has now got a proper grasp on how self serving and clueless Kenwright and his pet CEO are, hence the stuff coming out in the papers.

There must be at last one other shareholder, that can see that Kenwright and co are strangling the life out of the club and will align with Moshiri, to give him the 51% required to give them the boot

By the sounds of it Moshiri has now got a proper grasp on how self serving and clueless Kenwright and his pet CEO are, hence the stuff coming out in the papers.

There must be at last one other shareholder, that can see that Kenwright and co are strangling the life out of the club and will align with Moshiri, to give him the 51% required to give them the boot

Kenwright and Elstone getting the boot will be a fantastic day when it happens.

the biggest fear is they are all in it together, will happily scrape along till survival, fumble together a new stadium deal and double their money, if mosh was to get rid of that small time fake and his lapdog it would go a long way to allying those fears, and show that he is serious about building something

Kenwright is probably trying to use what he's learned over the years. I know lots on here hate him, but at least he only wants us to do well. For our new owner, its starting to look like the club is his play thing. Going for big names etc, that will never come. Big names are for the summer, not for times like these.

Agree with the last sentence.

But Koeman had lost the plot. Anyone could see he was begging to be fired and handed his compo. His heart and head had gone.

It's just a pity a good man like Unsworth was handed the run of games he inherited...and the rubbish squad to deal with them.

I think there in lies the issue between the first and second part of your post, RK could actually see what he had in front of him, we as fans couldn't so we blamed him to the hills it was only when DU took charge and nothing changed that we really realise how dreadful and unblanaced this squad is but I will also say that they need to play the players in the correct positions, sure RK must take blame but also our DOF should fall on his sword too,

We don't know who wanted what players (with the exception of a couple of guys who were clearly RK's) etc so were they at loggerheads? Did the DOF probably thinks he is godlike due to the league win and acted likewise with authority, who knows. Should of left well alone back when RK came in and didn't bother with this DOF nonsence, let the manager or any manager be judged on his signings.

Kenwright is probably trying to use what he's learned over the years. I know lots on here hate him, but at least he only wants us to do well. For our new owner, its starting to look like the club is his play thing. Going for big names etc, that will never come. Big names are for the summer, not for times like these.
he wants to make money and boost his own status, that is his sole motivation

Agree with the last sentence.

But Koeman had lost the plot. Anyone could see he was begging to be fired and handed his compo. His heart and head had gone.

It's just a pity a good man like Unsworth was handed the run of games he inherited...and the rubbish squad to deal with them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not 're writing history, I called for koeman to go just as much as anyone else at the time. I just mean if koeman had remained this past month we would have had some idea what to play as , even if it was wrong. Who's to say koeman doesn't turn it around in that time as well? I still wouldn't have wanted him to stay but instead it's almost pointless to muster up enthusiasm right now. I watched the game Thursday reluctantly and even when expecting nothing I was disappointed!

Seems a bit petty to me mate, Dyche looks to me to be the second best realistic option after Silva, and by some margin. Dyche would get us solid defensively and playing with passion, and he'd almost certainly not be afraid to weed out the bad eggs and the ones who don't want to follow his lead. He's a strong man manager, and we could do with one of those badly.

Not petty at all mate

But to hire a long term manager who misnt wanted by the majority shareholder but is instead wanted by the Chairman - who i personally want out the club as do many others, would be daft, all it does is strengthen Kenwrigths position at the club

As for the merits of Dyche, his team plays turgid football - we have zero idea if he'd be able to handle the jump up in pressure at a bigger club also, as for sorting out egos and getting rid of the bad eggs, what has he ever shown in the past that suggests he would be able to do that?

I think there in lies the issue between the first and second part of your post, RK could actually see what he had in front of him, we as fans couldn't so we blamed him to the hills it was only when DU took charge and nothing changed that we really realise how dreadful and unblanaced this squad is but I will also say that they need to play the players in the correct positions, sure RK must take blame but also our DOF should fall on his sword too,

We don't know who wanted what players (with the exception of a couple of guys who were clearly RK's) etc so were they at loggerheads? Did the DOF probably thinks he is godlike due to the league win and acted likewise with authority, who knows. Should of left well alone back when RK came in and didn't bother with this DOF nonsence, let the manager or any manager be judged on his signings.
This Walsh stuff is strictly for the birds. Koeman has worked all his life with bureaucracy around him at a football club and he knows how to work around it and get his players in.

That turd sandwich we've been eating is made by Koeman and no one else. His purchases, his mistakes. He was dire.

All I know about Walsh is that he was a successful scout at Leicester. Then he came here and we haven';t seen the benefit of having him. I'd be interested now to see how he works - and what role he has - with a new manager. Far less disastrous than the with Koeman Id bet.

Swap Dyche out for Moyes? Why? Don’t talk utter nonsense. Everybody is different. Just because Moyes didn’t change when he went to United with better players doesn’t mean Dyche or anyone else for that matter wouldn’t.
You secribed
Swap Dyche out for Moyes? Why? Don’t talk utter nonsense. Everybody is different. Just because Moyes didn’t change when he went to United with better players doesn’t mean Dyche or anyone else for that matter wouldn’t.

But you literally described moyes at Everton. Good on a budget, punching above weight, stability etc. That was moyes at the small club waiting for the opportunity. In fact your whole post about dyche is what other clubs would have said about us 5 years ago.

I don't believe all managers are the same and dyche could well be an exception. However I don't believe he is, he would do the same job here as he has done at Burnley in my opinion. And with that comes limitations as moyes took to United with him. Moyes feared teams here and United feared teams under him also. So it's not beyond the idea of possibility that dyche would all out defend against the top teams as he does now rather than use a team to try and beat them.

Sometimes a manager at Burnley deserves to be at Burnley and not at real Madrid for example. Sometimes managers who are actually talented get picked up by the top teams and sometimes even the best suggested managers do nothing beyond their level because the limitations are there.

I believe dyche has limitations that wouldn't change if he came here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back