Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not petty at all mate

But to hire a long term manager who misnt wanted by the majority shareholder but is instead wanted by the Chairman - who i personally want out the club as do many others, would be daft, all it does is strengthen Kenwrigths position at the club

As for the merits of Dyche, his team plays turgid football - we have zero idea if he'd be able to handle the jump up in pressure at a bigger club also, as for sorting out egos and getting rid of the bad eggs, what has he ever shown in the past that suggests he would be able to do that?

I sense BK's days are numbered anyway which can only be a good thing, surely Moshiri could both accept that Dyche is the best candidate available whilst looking to bin Kenwright off at the same time?

Players/staff etc speak very highly of him and his man management skills, he's never had to weed out bad characters because he's got them all on side, but the impression I get from the man is he wouldn't suffer fools gladly, nor care about how much someone cost/is paid. He might not be able to handle the step up, and Silva is definitely my preferred choice, but I'd rather someone unproven than a proven failure like the rest of the realistic candidates.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not 're writing history, I called for koeman to go just as much as anyone else at the time. I just mean if koeman had remained this past month we would have had some idea what to play as , even if it was wrong. Who's to say koeman doesn't turn it around in that time as well? I still wouldn't have wanted him to stay but instead it's almost pointless to muster up enthusiasm right now. I watched the game Thursday reluctantly and even when expecting nothing I was disappointed!
Koeman with the players he assembled got us 8 points from a possible 27 on offer. Unsworth with Koeman's players has got us half that amount in a third of the games Koeman had this season.

If we'd stuck with Koeman we'd be on 8 points right now.

He had nothing to offer other than a relegation spot. He'd completely lost the plot and all motivation for the job.

He didn't do his job in the summer and then when the season got going he ran away from the mess he'd created.

This Walsh stuff is strictly for the birds. Koeman has worked all his life with bureaucracy around him at a football club and he knows how to work around it and get his players in.

That turd sandwich we've been eating is made by Koeman and no one else. His purchases, his mistakes. He was dire.

All I know about Walsh is that he was a successful scout at Leicester. Then he came here and we haven';t seen the benefit of having him. I'd be interested now to see how he works - and what role he has - with a new manager. Far less disastrous than the with Koeman Id bet.

Turd sandwich lol couldn't have put it any better myself ;)

Kenwright is probably trying to use what he's learned over the years. I know lots on here hate him, but at least he only wants us to do well. For our new owner, its starting to look like the club is his play thing. Going for big names etc, that will never come. Big names are for the summer, not for times like these.

The feeling against Kenwright has been particularly vocal on fan forums both here and other Everton forums, but most of our opinions are not totally based on having a full knowledge of everything that's going on behind the scenes such as boardroom splits, finances, jostling for position or control or the apparently completely amateurish chaos that's been going on with either Moshiri or other factions and general scattergun approach we've seen this last month.

I don't know any better either so I'm not pretending I do, but its easily possible to get caught up in a forum fury and adopt this view that could easily be completely the wrong conclusion if only we knew the full facts.

Moshiri just seems from the outside to be an ambitious but completely clueless full wallet who is struggling with the basics of running the playing side of a football club while making great strides in other extremely important areas such as the massive new stadium project. The others seem to be either kept in the dark over the managerial crisis or moving in completely different (but possibly more sensible, who knows?) directions.

I'm very reluctant to blame anyone or any faction in particular as I just can't judge properly with the extremely slight bits of stuff in a sometimes briefed or untrustworthy press and snippets of hearsay posted all over the place.

I sense BK's days are numbered anyway which can only be a good thing, surely Moshiri could both accept that Dyche is the best candidate available whilst looking to bin Kenwright off at the same time?

Players/staff etc speak very highly of him and his man management skills, he's never had to weed out bad characters because he's got them all on side, but the impression I get from the man is he wouldn't suffer fools gladly, nor care about how much someone cost/is paid. He might not be able to handle the step up, and Silva is definitely my preferred choice, but I'd rather someone unproven than a proven failure like the rest of the realistic candidates.

Thing is mate, be wary when the media want Everton to do something as by and large they want us in a set place and to stay there, Dyche fits their well crafted image of us, no matter how bad a few seasons they where having - they would never ever suggest him for one of the current top 6 jobs for example.

It's generally easier to manage characters the further you go down the pyramid mate, because your 'usually' dealing with smaller ego's, players who if they get binned off may struggle to get clubs near the same level again etc.

couple of well planted stories at a big club from a player or agent can sow the seeds to wreck the manager long term or at least undermine, at a smaller team it's not a story they'd probably even bother running in the paper.

I just see Dyche as 'at best' another Moyes mate, capable of managing to a certain level in a certain style, but with a very very defined upper ceiling no matter at what club he was at.

Koeman with the players he assembled got us 8 points from a possible 27 on offer. Unsworth with Koeman's players has got us half that amount in a third of the games Koeman had this season.

If we'd stuck with Koeman we'd be on 8 points right now.

He had nothing to offer other than a relegation spot. He'd completely lost the plot and all motivation for the job.

He didn't do his job in the summer and then when the season got going he ran away from the mess he'd created.
I agree up to a point though I have a pretty out there theory too...
Koeman I agree was not Everton he did not get Everton and he did not deserve Everton ...
He did however gave a half decent first season .... so I am trying to figure what happened this season and it’s all down to him not getting his LB And striker ..... in my army days ... a long time ago .... if somebody wanted out they would “work their ticket “ deliberate poor performance ... poor discipline ... and generally stinking the place out ... sort of fits with Koeman thus season ... he didn’t get his own way in terms of striker and LB
His hi profile purchases were tosh ... so he “worked his ticket “
Compensation ... enough golfing leave to put a gap between this and his next “Koeman to Barca project “
Just thinking out loud

This Walsh stuff is strictly for the birds. Koeman has worked all his life with bureaucracy around him at a football club and he knows how to work around it and get his players in.

That turd sandwich we've been eating is made by Koeman and no one else. His purchases, his mistakes. He was dire.

All I know about Walsh is that he was a successful scout at Leicester. Then he came here and we haven';t seen the benefit of having him. I'd be interested now to see how he works - and what role he has - with a new manager. Far less disastrous than the with Koeman Id bet.
So you don’t know what Walsh’s role is, but you are certain the buys were all of Koeman’s doing?

Sorry, but that makes zero sense.

To me, they both should go. Koeman for the poor tactics, man management, and player selection. Walsh for assembling the team. Koeman may be complicit in communicating what he needs and his input on buys, but there is plenty basis to fire him regardless.

I wonder if somebody briefing against Walsh as well if he is in the mosh camp.

I agree up to a point though I have a pretty out there theory too...
Koeman I agree was not Everton he did not get Everton and he did not deserve Everton ...
He did however gave a half decent first season .... so I am trying to figure what happened this season and it’s all down to him not getting his LB And striker ..... in my army days ... a long time ago .... if somebody wanted out they would “work their ticket “ deliberate poor performance ... poor discipline ... and generally stinking the place out ... sort of fits with Koeman thus season ... he didn’t get his own way in terms of striker and LB
His hi profile purchases were tosh ... so he “worked his ticket “
Compensation ... enough golfing leave to put a gap between this and his next “Koeman to Barca project “
Just thinking out loud
I just dont think he wanted to be here at any point (which is besides the fact he's a bog standard manager like).

He dragged his feet signing for Everton. Thought his time at S'ton had earned him a better move. Didn't want to be near the city itself when he arrived. His experiences in that first season were all dour: poor football for half of it, grief over daft things like a Christmas tree, and even when the season picked up he was never a happy camper - choosing to continue running battles with players like Barkley, Niasse, Mirallas etc.

He was the most ill-fitting manager we've had since Walker.

His talents are meagre as a manager and his CV for over a decade underlines that point. If he'd have stayed here his negativity would have done for us what Moyes' negativity did for Sunderland last season. He had to go and not a minute too soon. We'd be on less than 12 point right now if he hadn't have been binned when he was.

Not petty at all mate

But to hire a long term manager who misnt wanted by the majority shareholder but is instead wanted by the Chairman - who i personally want out the club as do many others, would be daft, all it does is strengthen Kenwrigths position at the club

As for the merits of Dyche, his team plays turgid football - we have zero idea if he'd be able to handle the jump up in pressure at a bigger club also, as for sorting out egos and getting rid of the bad eggs, what has he ever shown in the past that suggests he would be able to do that?

As for the last bit, he seemed to handle Joey Barton very well.

As for the last bit, he seemed to handle Joey Barton very well.

managed him on loan first time i think and he did well for 6-9 months there, last time he ended up being suspended from footy for 18 months and had to be sacked by the club.

Barton whilst an utter cretin and a'hole, is kind of not the player that is a problem either though mate as he would have zero dressing room support so can just be handled as an irritation/irrelevance ultimately

Bit different if your handling a player whose been the club a long time, has friends amongst the other players and is 'respected'

Agree with the last sentence.

But Koeman had lost the plot. Anyone could see he was begging to be fired and handed his compo. His heart and head had gone.

It's just a pity a good man like Unsworth was handed the run of games he inherited...and the rubbish squad to deal with them.

Agree with every word in that post Dave, Koeman rightly had to go, but their should have been an experienced manager lined up. Unsworth never stood a chance with that disjointed, leaderless squad left to him, players also know Unsy isn't going to be here for long, which in my opinion goes against him with some players in that squad. Just the same I hope Unsworth can turn it around until the new man comes in. I honestly think Mourhino would have struggled with this Everton team.

So you don’t know what Walsh’s role is, but you are certain the buys were all of Koeman’s doing?

Sorry, but that makes zero sense.

To me, they both should go. Koeman for the poor tactics, man management, and player selection. Walsh for assembling the team. Koeman may be complicit in communicating what he needs and his input on buys, but there is plenty basis to fire him regardless.
Keane, Sigurdsson, Pickford, Klaassen, Martina, Williams, Schneiderlin - all Koeman signings without a shadow of a doubt. He either knew them, worked with them before or expressed an interest in them.

Only Pickford and Keane have been decent...and the latter is stretching that clam at the moment.

Lookman, DCL, Gueye, Sandro and Vlasic...all unquestionably Walsh type signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back