Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes thought he was too good for us and left.

If he hadn't resigned he'd still be here as they were never going to sack him.

Yeah but even before then, I remember turning over some no marks at home 2-0 with ease and people complaining about how we never won by 4 and it would be another season of ‘just’ finishing 6th.

I call absolute bull on the idea that we’re ‘close’ to getting a manager in. Bet the incompetent bells running our club don’t even bring someone in till after the Huddersfield game.

Totally unforgivable to not have this sorted well before the West Ham game - two easy-ish home fixtures in a row which a new manager would have relished.

Instead they’ll chuck whoever it is under the bus by making their first game the Anfield derby. Disillusioned doesn’t even come close to covering how I feel.
And our targets have now seen, very clearly, how big a job they have on their hands having watched us play under Unsworth for a month..
Big Sam would have lashed another £10k a week at least on his salary demand.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/everton/next-permanent-manager

Martin O'Neil top.

giphy.gif

What worries me more is the list of targets Koeman will have had along with Walsh for January will probably get binned now we have a new manager on his way.

I call absolute bull on the idea that we’re ‘close’ to getting a manager in. Bet the incompetent bells running our club don’t even bring someone in till after the Huddersfield game.

Totally unforgivable to not have this sorted well before the West Ham game - two easy-ish home fixtures in a row which a new manager would have relished.

Instead they’ll chuck whoever it is under the bus by making their first game the Anfield derby. Disillusioned doesn’t even come close to covering how I feel.

If they don't get someone in this week i reckon any new boss will watch the Derby "from the stands" or behind the sofa.

We could have Unsy in charge of this chaos for the Derby. It could be 9-0 and I am not even remotely joking

I can't believe the number of people who are wanting Big Sam at this club !!!!!
He was offered a 6 month contract but wanted a 3 year deal. The board declined. He declined. End Of. Finished. Kaput. Over. Dead.

In a hypothetical world, even if he was to come here the people shouting loudest for him now will probably be the first to complain halfway through next season about the boring hoof-ball footy we would be playing.

Yes the board has made mistakes but it doesn't mean we take whoever is available just for the sake of it.

I have advocated Silva from the start and still have a faint hope that it may still be on. However if not, from what's been said I'm sure we will know something by Tuesday whoever it may be.

In all honesty I'm not sure of a second choice but I can tell you the managers that will not move this club in a forward direction. The likes of Allardyce, O'Niell and Pulis. Is it a coincidence that all the top six sides have a foreign coach?

On another matter, where have all the "Lets give it to Unsworth to the end of the season" posters disappeared to? You do realise you can change your vote. Yes he may "Get the Club" but what does that mean? Does that get you a single extra point? I'm sorry to say it but we seem to have far too many jobs for the boys at this club. Sentiment is for statues, we have more ex pros than a Vegas Hore House retirement home !!!

Rant Over...

It's utterly worst case scenario. Giving a new manager that fixture to start off with is to cripple whatever optimism he's bringing in.

Pathetically, I could actually see our club's Facebook/Twitter page celebrating a hard fought 2-0 defeat as a sign of improvement.

It hasn't been great post Moyes, hasn't it?
The season after he left we had our best season in the PL and played our best football since the 1980s.

Maybe now all those who point to the "disaster" of two following seasons finishing 11th and 12th will be able to understand now how some of us argued against that overstatement....now we're in a real crisis.

If they don't get someone in this week i reckon any new boss will watch the Derby "from the stands" or behind the sofa.

We could have Unsy in charge of this chaos for the Derby. It could be 9-0 and I am not even remotely joking

For the first time ever, I’m strongly considering missing it out of choice.

I'd honestly take that. I was thinking double figures. I'm genuinely soiling myself.

This team will collapse. I wouldn't fancy one of our players in any individual battle during that game.

It's also nailed on that one of our spineless tits will get themselves sent off in a nothing challenge just to get out of it. Schneiderlin being my bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back