Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton have caught the modern football virus at long last. We are already plotting the next manager after the manager we haven't got yet. It's a sad era.

I'd actually be tempted to play him and sandro up front together, least we'd be able to actually have pace on the counter

My inner optimist is hoping that this car crash we're seeing forces action in terms of getting the best manager available and bending over to their demands 're the squad.

It is now Crystal clear we need at a bare minimum 4 quality players, a striker with either genuine pace or great hold up ability and who knows where the back of the net is, a top class winger with pace, mirallas and Lennon being the only options is laughable for our stated ambitions, a centre back in his prime who can compliment Keane and one who is at least decent on the ball and again with pace, and a starting left back, love Baines to bits, sons middle names for him, but he's done at this level and reminds me of the way the city fullbacks and ivanovic hit the wall when they got 31-32 - you need pace or an amazing engine at this level now.
i
Absolutely this. It was as important as a centre forward to replace that back line in the summer.

Spot on.

They are all rotten.

This is a really dire situation. The actual appealing names aren't going to be interested. Unsworth would end in tears. Dyche is a big no for me, my gut feeling is the job would be too big for him. Coleman,meh. Moyes, that would be the stupidest thing that we've ever done. It's honestly looking to me like the best option might be to bring in Allardyce for one season and replace him in the summer.

Why are we even meeting with Allerdyce? Fair enough if we were bottom 3 with about 10 games left but there is still loads of games to be played.

Fuming!!!

Why the feeling we need a scrapper to get us out of this?

Get Big Sam or Sean Dyche in. They know the league etc.

Sam has a 32% winning record in his last 2 PL jobs (both regarded well) in his rescue jobs at Sunderland and Crystal Palace.

Dyche has a 25% winning record in his time in the PL.

Marco Silva came in with no PL experience and won 36% of his games at Hull.
Good post this.

I can see Sam Allardyce on a short term contract till the end of the season if our A-list managers are not available now and will be available at the end of the season, not that i am with but it sounds logical if Moshiri wants a big name manager and no one is available now, will Allardyce accept such an offer? (short term)

Silva is a good shout but I think it won't happen.

He's suit tailored to accept an offer from Benfica at the end of the season.

I can see Sam Allardyce on a short term contract till the end of the season if our A-list managers are not available now and will be available at the end of the season, not that i am with but it sounds logical if Moshiri wants a big name manager and no one is available now, will Allardyce accept such an offer? (short term)

considering he only wants to consider an international position, then he might well be up for a short term, till end of season role with us.

it might actually suit both parties.

the fans would back him, knowing he's only here this season.

he might do very well with some actual money and surprise us fans (you never know)

if not, he will keep us up, and we have from now till may to find our next manager.

Watford have sacked there last few managers at the end of the season, no matter how they have performed. so marco silva may be available then.

I dare say in several months time, there will be a plethora of out of work managers available, and some who could be tempted by us anyway, not having to do a mid-season suicide switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.