Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But to suggest that players coming from our youth team reflects poorly on Unsworth is ridiculous.

I’m not
He was dealt a great hand with a crop of great players and granted won the league.
That on its own should warrant the first team job
He has four games as boss and they’re all crap and he’s made piss poor decisions and team selections.
That should be the measure and he failed

Nope. His sister confirmed he is not injured.

Unsworth smacks of a caretaker manager thinking he is too clever. Thought he’d come in and be Pep with his mad line-ups and tactics.

He’ll take us down.

this bit made me laugh. this season is a write off, i dont think we'll go down but id prefer unsworth to dyche and allardyce. If he really messes up we can sack him anyway before getting a decent manager in the summer when a decent manager is available.

I’m not
He was dealt a great hand with a crop of great players and granted won the league.
He has four games as boss and they’re all crap and he’s made piss poor decisions and team selections.
got to give him a few games to sort that mess out though. 4 game ssimply isnt long enough.

You said to appoint a man responsible for 4 of our players was baffling.

No mate I said

I agree which is why we sacked the bloke responsible for most of them and also why I find the appointment of the man responsible for four of them baffling .

In reply

In your opinion, but it would be impossible to please everyone with a team selection, especially with this squad.

I’m yet to see anyone name a starting 11 for us this season that looks strong.

My point being that Koeman made a number of bad team selections so we sacked him and unsworth has made four bad team selections . Not that four young players were bad or whatever it was you thought I meant .

I honestly feel like I need a little lie down now .

I’m not
He was dealt a terrible hand with the first team though. With barely any chance for training he had 3 tough away games to contend with and an unbalanced squad lacking any confidence.

I honestly don’t think Mourinho or Guardiola could have done much better in the time he’s had.

No mate I said

In reply

My point being that Koeman made a number of bad team selections so we sacked him and unsworth has made four bad team selections . Not that four young players were bad or whatever it was you thought I meant .

I honestly feel like I need a little lie down now .
Fair enough. Misunderstanding.

I disagree that he’s made 4 poor team selections though.

Imagine Allardyce going there and getting "the treatment".

We'd be hurtling through the trap door.

Indeed.

I posted the other day Dave, based on conversations I had with friends do and acquaintances at the match on Sunday and when I was over in Lyon.

If...still might I suppose....Sam had got the job and things did not improve right away, the toxicity levels at Goodison would have reached unprecedented levels.

I have never seen such unanimity amongst fans against a managerial appointment.

There was a big split when Gordon Lee got the gig but it was nowt like it would be if Sam was signed up.

He was dealt a terrible hand with the first team though. With barely any chance for training he had 3 tough away games to contend with and an unbalanced squad lacking any confidence.

I honestly don’t think Mourinho or Guardiola could have done much better in the time he’s had.

I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back