Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well why is it then?

I just don’t think he’s up to the job , well to be more honest I worry that’s the case . I’ve not seen anything in four games that’s made me think he’s the man the job . Players attitude and performance was generally poor whilst the system and formation were all over the show .

we got back into the game as niasse chased down a ball and it bundled in off his backside , he’d have done the same whoever was the manager . The subs changed the game but he’d got the tactics badly wrong and they almost looked forced on him.

As I say I’m happy to see him succeed , watching an Everton team managed by an Evertonian it’s great and somehow feels better . I’m just unconvinced how suitable he is but if it works great .

Think we should have just kept Koeman until the end of the season when better options could have become available. No way was this team going down. Too many awful sides in the league who are there for the taking, Watford on Sunday being a prime example.

I'm in no way a fan of Koeman (does such a thing exist?) but this all seems to be a bit of a mess now with us likely to make an uninspiring appointment.

...I think the likes of Jagielka and Rooney are senior pros who will back him. The problems might be more with the newer players that he’s already omitted. He can’t keep them all happy but he can still keep them onboard if he’s the right type.
Pretty clear from interviews that Jags, Baines, Niasse back him. Think Rooney will as well plus the younger lads would run through a brick wall for him.
My mate was telling me how much the atmosphere had improved at Finch Farm from when Koeman was in charge. These are all positive signs. The problem may be with the newer players but we'll have to see how he handles that.

Unsworth is the easy option, sleepwalking into disaster.
Exactly. I hate to see that many many Evertonians have been blinded by one amazing comeback.
I dont like this but giving it to Unsy would be disasterous mistake imho and I think we would be in real danger of being relegated.

Everybody loves him but we cannot risk it with him... it would be risky and irresponsible even.

I'd love Simeone, but Koeman wasn't that bad because even if Lukaku scored 0 goals last year we'd have still finished 7th.

I know that the stats say that but do you really believe it to be true?

We'll never know for sure. As others have suggested, his goals killed teams off. It's alot easier to play when you're 3-0 up than when you're 1-0 up.

Exactly. I hate to see that many many Evertonians have been blinded by one amazing comeback.
I dont like this but giving it to Unsy would be disasterous mistake imho and I think we would be in real danger of being relegated.

Everybody loves him but we cannot risk it with him... it would be risky and irresponsible even.

His record in the 4 matches is impressive, but I agree that he would be a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back