Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...We need that permanent appointment to come in and instill some confidence into our fragile defence, to have the balls, to make some tough calls regarding our miriad of NO.10's and identify whom he wants to sign in January and get Walsh of his ar@e and go out earn his money.

I don't know who that permanent appointment is

and sadly i don't think the board do either.

This.

tuchel_0.jpg

giphy.gif

What they're hoping is that Unsworth will do a job until the end of the season but the knives are already being sharpened for him and I give it 2/3 losses max and us in the drop zone before the pressure becomes too great and as you say they'll cave in to Allardyce's extortion.
Yep. The '30 months' he's after is basically him negotiating his compensation beforehand.

I think that the plan is to stumble across the finish line and then appoint Silva for nothing in the summer. That's fine, but it only works if the interim manager knows what he's doing, and there is very little evidence to suggest that's the case with Unsworth. His selections have been worse than Koeman's.

Any of Hiddink, van Gaal, Mancini, Pellegrini or Sanchez-Flores would be capable of steering the team into midtable; but for some reason, Kenwright and Moshiri are determined to commit yet another act of hubris. It is extremely worrying.

That is where Walsh really should be doing his job. Chelsea buy players even when they have caretaker managers or interim ones. They are able to sell the club rather than the manager to the point where it is almost irrelevant who is in charge of them, top players will still join. We need to get to that point, doesn’t help when you’re in a relegation scrap of course.

Do you trust walsh though ? That’s the worry and we’ve got all kinds of potential managers in the frame with potential styles that wouldn’t want the same players .

Chelsea are always winning the youth trophies , I presume Jody Morris will take over of Conte leaves ?

Last edited:
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with us getting someone like Hiddink in to sort us out until the Summer.

I remember Chelsea were in an even worse position than we are now when he took over at Chelsea and got them mid table.

Rather Hiddink than Allardyce and Unsworth.

In removing RK, you would have hoped at least two potential managers had been sounded out with Unsworth holding the reigns for a limited period until one said yes. The timelines that should have been planned and built in should have been to have a new face in place by the end of week one of the international break (tomorrow) so that they new guy had his feet under the desk, meet the players and start planning a week ahead of the first game. Given that somebody is not in place, my guess is that Unsy will keep the role to Christmas with further discussions going on so somebody will join for the transfer window. I don't think results will influence Unsworth getting the job permanently BUT if there is a damaging run of losses, it will accelerate the process to get the selected one on board - and probably mean giving them a more lucrative deal.

Gut feel, is that we won't see either Dyche or Allardyce here (nor Simeone!) but wouldn't be surprised to see someone from:

Silva
Hiddink
Rodgers (when CL games over)

No way mate.

I’d rather have Benitez if we’re going down that route.

I understand the thinking but I feel that Rodgers' "profile", recent CL experience and more attractive style of football will appeal. I'm not sure he is right but as I say - just a feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back