Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Burnley would sack Dyche if they did get relegated this season or next. Basically, he can choose when he wants to leave and he knows Burnley will pay him what he wants (within reason). If he asked Mike Garlick (Burnley chairman) for £6 million a year, he'd probably get it.

I have no proof, but I have seen claims that Dyche is on a percentage of any profit made from player sales (signed Keane for £2 million, sold for £25-30 million) as well as a massive bonus for avoiding relegation.

Fair enough. I just think that managers such as Dyche are always conscious of whether opportunities to make that step up will come around again. As Carragher said a month back, this time last season Eddie Howe was receiving a lot of plaudits - fast forward 12 months and you don't hear anything of him.

I hope for your sake he does stick around. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he's irreplaceable to you guys.

4 from 9 available in the league and out of two Cups.

He's an utter plop

That’s extreamly harsh mate, jury is out on Unsworth without question, but the longer he has been in the job the better results have been, that in the context of playing an inform Arsenal team and former champions. If we are getting four points from games against Watford at home and Palace away we aren’t going down. Seamus, Bolaise and Ross are coming back into this team. With a striker on the horizon in January we could be on an upward trajectory. Next six games are critical until then, stability may be the key.

Let’s be honest the season is a write of the only thing achievable is staying up. I think he deserves this chance and stability broadly won’t be any harm.

He’s been far from plop.

Last edited:
But people dont go, Bill Kenwright joined the Board in 1989, the season before he joined the Board we finished 4th, something we have done only once since then.

So no, some people dont go.

/runs
Everything bad in the past 20 years has had kenwright not far away

No money- kenwright
Selling players for bills- kenwright
Gambling on a relegation manager after moyes- kenwright
No progression despite the many MANY opportunities - kenwright
God awful transfer activity- kenwright in charge of that as well

That is just the blatant ones. I know you make the post in jest somewhat mate but there is coincidence and there is 20 years of repeated coincidences

The only way we're breaking the elite is if we throw a small fortune at it. We know this squad needs gutting and there's so few options within it to raise money. To think, only a couple of years ago we had Lukaku, Barkley and Stones as our financial bail out option... Criminal that we've squandered all of that cash and more.

It may not be likely but it's possible. We need a manager who can get the most out of what he's got, and Dyche can do that.

The waste of talent we've had is criminal but no use crying over spilt milk. Personally don't think the squad needs gutting, just good additions to replace our ageing contingent and to fill key positions.

A team with ambitions of breaking the top six should not be relying on players like Jagielka, Williams, Baines, and Niasse/DCL/Rooney as the main options at CF.

not sure why everyone says we will HAVE to hire unsworth, why can't we keep the current setup in place whilst we await a more suitable candidate to appear? Unsworth is hardly going to say "offer me the job or i'm off", he'd be out of work.

not sure why everyone says we will HAVE to hire unsworth, why can't we keep the current setup in place whilst we await a more suitable candidate to appear? Unsworth is hardly going to say "offer me the job or i'm off", he'd be out of work.

Already got Morgan and Kev dicking about in training. These players just need the slightest excuse to drop their levels. Not having a manager is just that excuse.

Oh far from it, I'm watching with interest. They've both shared the same peculiar shouts as well. First Big Sam, then Pulis. Strange tastes the pair of them if you ask me.

Maybe they both enjoy that particular crap brand of football. Maybe that's what they think is best for Everton.

I am very curious why any Evertonian would want that.:coffee:
The same guy was spamming threads the other day saying Unsworth is doing a great job. Ignore was swiftly used lol

Already got Morgan and Kev dicking about in training. These players just need the slightest excuse to drop their levels. Not having a manager is just that excuse.

yeah i know, but more fool them. It's a world cup year and both have an outside chance of making their squads if they have a good season, if they want to throw it away, that's there fault.

I just meant i don't see why people are saying we HAVE to give it unsworth full time if we can't get who we want. He can just continue as caretaker for another couple of months. He doesn't have to be made permanent.

Just another point on Unsworth staying on that I haven’t seen mentioned at all and that is Joe Royle being involved in this set up.

I have a very long memory like some on here and people will remember Royles managerial time at the club here which was a period of pride, hope and success.

For me he is probably one of the most understated, understated and unacknowledged managers in England over the past 30 years. He is part of this set up, we are talking about the man, who was born in the shadow of a Goodison, who played and starred for Everton as a teenager, won trophies here, performed miracles at Oldham as a manager, the man who won our last major trophy and rebuilt the club from utter ash, the man who really saved Manchester City football club.

Joe Royle is a living breathing Everton legend both as a player and manager and not by profile but by success at this club.

If your asking me to I want a Dyche or a Allardyce over an Unsworth/Royle ticket, really it’s not even a contest.

When we talk about a managers that get Everton, we have a living legend and probably the biggest and most successful living Evertonian, involved in this set up.

That’s why I’m backing Unsworth, do not underestimate Joe Royle, his talent and his influence, I back him wholly.

Last edited:
Just another point on Unsworth staying on that I haven’t seen mentioned at all and that is Joe Royle being involved in this set up.

I have a very long memory like some on here and people will remember Royles managerial time at the club here which was a period of pride, hope and success.

For me he is probably one of the most understated, understated and unacknowledged managers in England over the past 30 years. He is part of this set up, we are talking about the man, who was born in the shadow of a Goodison, who played and starred for Everton as a teenager, won trophies here, performed miracles at Oldham as a manager, the man who won our last major trophy and rebuilt the club from utter ash, the man who really saved Manchester City football club.

Joe Royle is a living breathing Everton legend both as a player and manager and not by profile but by success at this club.

If your asking me to I want a Dyche or a Allardyce over an Unsworth/Royle ticket, really it’s not even a contest.

When we talk about a managers that get Everton, we have a living legend and probably the biggest and most successful living Evertonian, involved in this set up.

That’s why I’m backing Unsworth, do not underestimate Joe Royle, his talent and his influence, I back him wholly.
Unsy back to u23's and joe in for me on the above.

Top post ;)

If Everton turn to Dyche in desperation at least I'll be grateful Burnley won't be getting Moyes....that was the strong rumour before West Ham came calling.
I think Dyche would be great here but I don't think he'd be interested now. He'd be seen as second best and even it weren't the case, I'm not sure he's want to leave Burnley. We aren't much of a catch these days!

Dont know why we are fannying about with Silva? If we did get him it would be a financial disaster for the board yet again after Sigurdsson and Klaasen.

Weve got to go for someone who is within reach for us to get. Or my choice would be tuchel or someone of that ilk. Young and hungry manager. I would prefer eddie howe to silva. If he managed abroad he would be hot property. Took bournemouth up through all the divisions. Only premier league or cup success away from having Brian Clough like status at Bmouth in my eyes. And has at least a degree of loyalty. Silva if he moves to us would be quicker out of the door than in it.

Then theres AVB, Mancini, Pellegrini, Ancelloti and Ranieri knocking around too. More acheivable than Simeone i would say. Surely off the list i have mentioned one of them would be interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back