Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing strong in any of the papers and no word of a new manager leaked out to effect the odds . I’d be staggered if we were ready to appoint tomorrow .

Club would have had to keep it very quiet then. I think it would only be a manager out of work if it was tomorrow? Its got to be next week though, im sure i read somewhere that it was most likely to be announced then. Or was that a dream haha

Club would have had to keep it very quiet then. I think it would only be a manager out of work if it was tomorrow? Its got to be next week though, im sure i read somewhere that it was most likely to be announced then. Or was that a dream haha

Sam went odds on and people said it meant nothing , subsequently sam says Everton wanted him for 6 months . You’d assume he let word get out of the approach and that led to a flurry of bets . Odds fall on silva and it’s then revealed we’ve made a compensation offer to Watford .

My point is with no stand out candidate if expect tomorrow is too soon to predict an appointment.

You say it’s got to be this week and I don’t really disagree with that other than I’ve thought the same more than a few times since Koeman was sacked over a month ago .

But the point is he shouldn’t have been sacked until an alternative had been identified and ideally negotiations at least initiated.
Our caretaker manager should at worst only been asked to look after 2 or 3 games at most.
That is how a professional organisation would have performed. Instead someone at our club decided to give the youth coach ‘a go’ to see how he did. Ridiculous and amateur way to run a professional football club.

God no, Eggy.

We did not have the luxury of keeping Koeman one minute more.

IMO we would have just kept on losing and certainly would not have came back from two down against Watford.

We might have got the point at Palace....then again we might not.

I think we are at least three points better off right now than we would have been had Koeman stayed in charge.

(If I am honest with you....I think Koeman was actually playing for the sack in the end)

It is never to early to do the right thing, even you have no replacement lined up.

I agree with you about a caretaker manager should be exactly that......a mere caretaker.

That the whole circus surrounding our vacant manager's chair has been straight out of a Carry On farce is indisputable.

Then again, a rushed appointment is not good either.

If he really wants this Silva fellow then I do believe he should not make another appointment until this potential deal is officially dead in the water.....which I do not believe it is just yet.

Meantime.......it is Carry On Managing ;)

managed him on loan first time i think and he did well for 6-9 months there, last time he ended up being suspended from footy for 18 months and had to be sacked by the club.

Barton whilst an utter cretin and a'hole, is kind of not the player that is a problem either though mate as he would have zero dressing room support so can just be handled as an irritation/irrelevance ultimately

Bit different if your handling a player whose been the club a long time, has friends amongst the other players and is 'respected'

All the Burnley players "got on" with Barton - he was "Players' Player of the Season" in his first spell - 23 games unbeaten. Good second spell also before the FA "betting ban". He would have been offered a new deal but for the ban.

Barton's bust-up and suspension was at Rangers - he behaved like an angel at Burnley, no trouble at all.

Barton said he decided to sign for Burnley after Dyche invited him round to his rented flat and cooked him an omelette.

Last edited:

I would have sacked Koeman the day after Atalanta away. So he got 8 more games than I’d have given him.

Having no seen Unsworth, I’d have kept Koeman until a replacement is found.

What Davies & Beningme & Lookman & Rooney & Vlasic must be thinking with Schneiderlin & Mirallas starting???

I am genuinely baffled that we are in the 5th week of not having a boss and its still nowhere clearer or close to being resolved.

I honestly have 0 confidence in the people at the club to produce anything close to what we require as club or fanbase. We re being treated like absolute morons.

Elstone said it all... what do we aspire to be "a premier league club." or whatever it was... Shambles... top to bottom, I was hoping after the euro game that the line in the sand would be drew and we would get further.. no, no further feels further away and all we got was Jim White giving a sly suck to Moshiri for some absolute bollocks.

Joke, absolute joke.

Onto the match COYB - do something, anything.

I would have sacked Koeman the day after Atalanta away. So he got 8 more games than I’d have given him.

Having no seen Unsworth, I’d have kept Koeman until a replacement is found.

What Davies & Beningme & Lookman & Rooney & Vlasic must be thinking with Schneiderlin & Mirallas starting???
Lookman starts and disappoints every single time, Rooney is terrible also.

I'm sure Beni is just happy to be in the squad

Don't know why people are baffled by the actions of Moshiri, Walsh and Kenwright. We are just seeing a re-run of the summer's player transfer dealings, but for managers.

Turns out chucking loads of cash at something will easily get you things that you don't need and are overpriced, but won't get you what you do need and are underpriced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back