Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the snobbery in hoping we would rid ourselves of the crooks on the boardroom rather than us adding to it by appointing one on the sideline?

Everyone bangs on about allardyce never being relegated. Here's another thing to go with that, no club that has ever appointed him has recovered

Ones looked at as proof we need him, why not look at the other certainty that comes after hiring him?

To ignore that and think we'd be different is imo the real snobbery.

There's no snobbery there at all.

But we have all - to an extent - being guilty of it.

What do you mean by 'no club has ever recovered'?

Allardyce isn't the anti-christ. He's actually not a bad manager.

I'm not advocating him. But then again, just how bad does it need to get before everyone realises that he may be what's needed?

As I said, I'd much rather Dyche - and I'd love Silva, or Tuchel. But would any of those three take a gamble on joining us now?

Five weeks ago, yep, but we dallied. Now look at us.

Don't confuse snobbery with having standards mate.

I'm not matey, genuinely.

But atm, we're in real trouble.

Yes, one win and we'd be up in midtable, but we'd still be in the mire.

And there's no sign of that win coming, because simply put we are a shambles all over the pitch.

So, the first step has to be to stop conceding goals. Tighten it up at the back, and then build from there.

We need a manager who can do that.

Would we still be able to attract investors to fund the stadium build though mate if we were a championship club?

The other worrying thing if we went down would be our massive wage bill.
We'd have to or the council have to pay for the land and stadium. The council and EFC would make it work I'm sure. Different story if we spent 5 years in the Championship but like I said earlier there's probably a far greater chance of coming back up than staying down. Overall one season in the championship shouldn't jeopardise everything like.

I dont think the gets stick, he has done well with a Burnley side, but lets not forget he has relegations on his CV too - however I haven't seen much that qualifies him as a future EFC manager.

What has he done which makes him such a standout candidate?

Being genuine mate - if he goes to the final of a cup and gives it a go, or finishes where burnley are this season I will be impressed. However nothing he has done has overly impressed me, wins against big team - lots of clubs get gee'd up for that, it only matters though if its pushing you up the league.

IMO, he is Moyes 10 years ago, building a atmosphere around a club which fits him well - his next move needs to be chosen carefully because the higher expectation and spotlight might see him burn up like Moyes did at UTD.

I just think of the candidates likely to join us Dyche suits us well for what we need right now. To get us back competing in the top 7 and pushing forward in the long term.

He'd build the club and that's actually what is needed.

The club needs ridding of the old guard now. We need a manager to oversee that.

Silva has a relegation on his CV. But look how he's come back with that.

Also, if you remember, Burnley spent close to all of the money they got from being promoted back in 13/14 on their training ground. So 14/15 was always going to be tough. Dyche was a big part of making sure they spent that money in an area they could sustainably grow from.

IIRC, they only just went down?

Look at how they bounced back. Won the Championship and came back up better prepared because of their previous smart spending. Used that experience to build a good squad with smart buys (for Burnley's level) and safely stayed up last term.

Improved once again in the summer with smart buys and are pushing them up.

My worry would be that Burnley is his ceiling, and I've said before that Silva has more potential,but for what we need right now I think Dyche is the man - and conversely could also be the one to take us forward as well.

I'm not matey, genuinely.

But atm, we're in real trouble.

Yes, one win and we'd be up in midtable, but we'd still be in the mire.

And there's no sign of that win coming, because simply put we are a shambles all over the pitch.

So, the first step has to be to stop conceding goals. Tighten it up at the back, and then build from there.

We need a manager who can do that.

Of course mate and I totally agree we need a manager that can do that. But I'd like to think we can cast our net further than about 20 miles down the road or to the likes of Allardyce.

I'd love to say we'll find out soon enough but I'm not confident we are any closer to getting anyone in.

..I think it reflects that there’s no collective responsibility. There’s divisions from the boardroom to the coaching staff and players that are abundantly clear even if we don’t know the stories behind them. Until these are arrested the problems on the pitch will continue.

I imagine there’s as many opinions in the Board as there are on here and until they either sort out their differences or have a power battle the problems on the pitch will continue.

It seemed sensible at the time that Bill would assist with the a transition of power. An opportunity to show Farhad the values that are important to the club and support. Its clear now that this muddled heirachy is severely damaging the club.

Get the manager situation sorted then Bill needs to be put to pasture promptly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back