Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last August the apparent gap between Everton and Liverpool was very narrow. We spent a lot of money on transfers and the new ground was in the offing.

This season has been a disaster but we should not lose sight of the bigger picture.
Hopefully the new ground is still a goer.
We have an owner that is prepared to spend money in the transfer market and there is still the possibility of some other wealthy individual getting involved by taking up some or all of the remaining shareholding.

We are missing one component.. the most important one of all... a manager.

The appointment of the right manager would see the now apparent gulf between the two clubs narrow alarmingly(for the reds) almost overnight.

They are cock a hoop at the moment and to be fair they have reason to be. This season Salah has been wonderful for them but can he do all of that again next season, can they keep him, is there a buy out clause. But, none of that has anything to do with us we have to get our own house in order first.

When Moshiri rings me next... the advice I will give him is that the managerial appointment is all important , that is the starting point. The money we have spent on hiring and firing managers would pay the wages of a Guardiola and still leave change. We have made two errors, the next one needs to be right and for me the appointment of people like Fonseca and Silva are still laden with risk... too much risk.
" When Moshiri rings me next ....."

Are your carers aware that you have access to the internet ?

Great post, who would you have as manager?
Our original choice was Emery. That would be the manager I would have as my first choice. A proven winner and experience in one of the big leagues(Spain)
Unfortunately , I think he will be in demand and could see Arsenal looking at him as well.

However, I do believe he will be anxious to restore his reputation and I think we probably will match or better the terms and conditions he will get from most other clubs. He will have seen last summer that Moshiri did back his manager in the transfer market as he had promised and will probably need to do so again. I think it now comes down to the ambition of the owner.
If he can convince managers that his ambition is real then we do have a chance of getting a quality manager.

The last time we were competing against the madness that is PSG but I think Emery has been so badly burned there he will probably want to go back to a proper project.
I was listening to a French journalist last night talk about the French league/Emery and PSG and he really never stood a chance there . His role was to keep the galacticos happy rather than build a team PSG are likely to win the French treble but that means nothing there.
As far as I know we were talking to him before we appointed Koeman and hopefully will go back and talk to him again.

Our original choice was Emery. That would be the manager I would have as my first choice. A proven winner and experience in one of the big leagues(Spain)
Unfortunately , I think he will be in demand and could see Arsenal looking at him as well.

However, I do believe he will be anxious to restore his reputation and I think we probably will match or better the terms and conditions he will get from most other clubs. He will have seen last summer that Moshiri did back his manager in the transfer market as he had promised and will probably need to do so again. I think it now comes down to the ambition of the owner.
If he can convince managers that his ambition is real then we do have a chance of getting a quality manager.

The last time we were competing against the madness that is PSG but I think Emery has been so badly burned there he will probably want to go back to a proper project.
I was listening to a French journalist last night talk about the French league/Emery and PSG and he really never stood a chance there . His role was to keep the galacticos happy rather than build a team PSG are likely to win the French treble but that means nothing there.
As far as I know we were talking to him before we appointed Koeman and hopefully will go back and talk to him again.
I hope so

PSG missed Naymar as you would expect. Read today that he will be sacked by PSG. I wanted Emery before Koeman, would like him again but I’d probably prefer Fonseca but I can see it being Silva, any of the 3 would be a massive upgrade on the tool we have now.

I hope so

We can talk about ambition as much as we like but it proves nothing. Moshiri has spent so much money hiring and firing managers that he has at least shown ambition in that direction However, if he has real ambition then he has to go for proven at the top level and be prepared to put up the money that such a project will cost. I think(as much as it pains me to say it) the big difference between ourselves and our neighbours at times is ambition.

I think managers can be swayed by a project and not just the name of the club alone.

When the new owners took over a very middle of the road club in City they were bringing in huge names almost from the start... they didn't get it right immediately but players were prepared to come for the money and the project.

PSG missed Naymar as you would expect. Read today that he will be sacked by PSG. I wanted Emery before Koeman, would like him again but I’d probably prefer Fonseca but I can see it being Silva, any of the 3 would be a massive upgrade on the tool we have now.
But, an upgrade on Sam is not where the bar should be set.
The bar should be set at appointing a manager that will have us challenging top six next season, top four after that .
I think Fonseca and Silva carry to much risk. I don't want us to be the club that proves Fonseca or Silva are great managers only then to lose them to a Barcelona or a Real Madrid while at the same time we carry the risk that they could ne absolute disasters.

But, an upgrade on Sam is not where the bar should be set.
The bar should be set at appointing a manager that will have us challenging top six next season, top four after that .
I think Fonseca and Silva carry to much risk. I don't want us to be the club that proves Fonseca or Silva are great managers only then to lose them to a Barcelona or a Real Madrid while at the same time we carry the risk that they could ne absolute disasters.
Let’s not worry about Barca and Madrid, by the time they wanted our manager we could another world class manager, they only want top class and finishing outside the top 4 won’t interest either club

I am more worried about the absolute disasters bit.
This season was a disaster but next season won’t be, you would hope we learned a lot from this year and you would hope they would calmly buy the right players this time instead of acting like a contestant on supermark sweep. Walsh I imagine will be gone and a decent dof will be brought in.

Think we could do a lot worse than Hughton tbh, especially if he beats us tomorrow I think he should definitely be considered and before Silva or Howe. Fonseca and Benitez are my first choices however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back