Next Full Time Everton Captain?

Next Full Time Captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gyff - has to be.

Honestly the most hard working number 10 I have ever seen and proper leads by example even when not having one of his best games.

Coleman would have been the obvious choice but get the feeling his days are numbered. Siggy at least has a 2-3 years ahead of him and bags of experience too

Personally i couldnt care less who the club captain is...just the on pitch captain.
The on the pitch captain can change match to match, month to month or even multiple times within a match like Saturday. I think naming someone club captain is a meaningful thing. It's basically a leadership position at the club and as such the culture within can be established and altered by decisions made regarding who is captain and how that person goes about their work once they have the position.

He'll go for one of the new lads, swerve giving it whoevers been here the longest crap

if gomes stayed I wouldn't be disappointed if he got it, our standout player

could also see mina and pickford as shouts ( again both would seem the type to thrive on it )

wouldn't mind seeing richarlison as captain either just because he's boss, probably wouldn't be the best choice like

With Jags on his last contract, Baines in a similar position and Seamus also looking to be on the back side of his career, who should the next Everton captain be? Weirdly the next in line thus far this season has been Davies but he doesn't figure to be a regular in the XI so I don't know if it should be him. I think we should make it someone like Pickford who will hopefully be here and starting for a good few years rather than someone like Gylfi who is probably only a couple of years removed from being at that stage Seamus is at now.

Anyway in the poll I included basically anyone who has played this season except Zouma because there hasn't been any indication that he will be here permanently like there has with Gomes.
Digne?

I went for Keane but only because he was the 'least bad' option. I understand the shouts for Gomes but he is on loan, has only been here 5 minutes and I think he is the sort of pesonality that benefits from someone putting their arm around his shoulder rather than vice versa. I don't see him as the type to give the ref or his players an earful after a poor decision or pass. Giving him the captaincy may also detract from him playing his own natural game.

The one thing the OP has highlighted with his poll is the lack of true leaders we have on the pitch.

My choice is
1 Seamus, 2 Gylfi, 3 Davies then 4 Pickford
What if Seamus doesn't recapture his form?
What if Gylfi is not in form / Vlasic is pressing him / Bernard moves to the middle?
Does Davies start regularly?

The only definite starter is Pickford, so I think he might be the best. He might actually cut out the rash decisions and it might make him a better keeper? He's so close to being world class, so a bit of responsibility might make him solid, and keep him here for 5 years

I think Marco wants to give it to Davies. But it will depend how e progresses over the next year or so. Think Seamus will do it in the interim.

I went for Richarlison. Sometime being made captain can really help a player mature, and that's what I think he needs. He obviously cares a lot, and isn't scared to argue his case, he jus needs channelling correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.