Next Full Time Everton Captain?

Next Full Time Captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only definite starter is Pickford, so I think he might be the best. He might actually cut out the rash decisions and it might make him a better keeper? He's so close to being world class, so a bit of responsibility might make him solid, and keep him here for 5 years
Being our first choice keeper should be enough responsibility for Jordan, having mr brain fart being our captain is like swimming with bricks tied around your neck, id imagine. Makes the job a lot harder.

Hold off on making the decision until end of season and assess. Could well be one of the new lads has become the leader of the bunch. Thinking Mina maybe.

My choice is
1 Seamus, 2 Gylfi, 3 Davies then 4 Pickford
What if Seamus doesn't recapture his form?
What if Gylfi is not in form / Vlasic is pressing him / Bernard moves to the middle?
Does Davies start regularly?

The only definite starter is Pickford, so I think he might be the best. He might actually cut out the rash decisions and it might make him a better keeper? He's so close to being world class, so a bit of responsibility might make him solid, and keep him here for 5 years

Never understood the choice of a goalie being captain, it should be an outfield who can get around the pitch bollocking players.

I have responded with Gomes, but in all honesty, I'm not sure our next full time captain even plays for us yet.

Keane for me, only reason I wouldn't give it to Pickford is because I always feel an outfield player is better as captain.

Just do away with the armband, it's not as if anyone really shows any leadership on the pitch.

Oh i see

For years, we haven't had an influential captain, dont you think? Jags seems great off the pitch, but we need someone who goes around picking up players to stop them from diving, pick people up to check if they're ok. organise the team, remind them of the tactics..make sure opposition doesn't get in our face. settle dispute on freekicks or pens...i think it's pretty important if it's a Viera, Keane type figure, but beyond that it seemst to be symbolic

Oh i see

For years, we haven't had an influential captain, dont you think? Jags seems great off the pitch, but we need someone who goes around picking up players to stop them from diving, pick people up to check if they're ok. organise the team, remind them of the tactics..make sure opposition doesn't get in our face. settle dispute on freekicks or pens...i think it's pretty important if it's a Viera, Keane type figure, but beyond that it seemst to be symbolic

We haven't had an influential captain for years (Jags is a waste of space as a captain) I want my captain to be a John Terry figure (apart from the banging team mates girlfriends/wives bit!) someone who doesn't give a toss who he upsets, gets in the refs face, goes round bollocking team mates when they're not doing their job etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.