Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like when Joachim Low was assistant to Klinsmann :)

Its been mentioned in a few places about Bergkamp but who really knows and he cant fly as well so thats not ideal. I think its a case of needing them both to get a job elsewhere like when Swansea were in for De Boer but then decided on this other chap. Seems they werent too taken with him.

Cocu has just come in and upset the apple cart so Ajax could even sack De Boer if he cant stop an inferior and younger more inexperienced team for the second year in a row.
You're really pushing the case for Cocu. :D

You're really pushing the case for Cocu. :D

Educate yourself fool.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...boss-is-the-coming-man-of-european-management

Cocu immediately set about overhauling the squad, changing the profile of a club that had allowed itself to slip some way off the pace of Ajax, a club that made its famous Toekomst academy the central tenet of its footballing identity. The new coach promised that the club would again contend for the Eredivisie but that there might be some growing pains to endure first.

"We are going to build a new team,” Cocu said, relayed by the Associated Press (h/t ESPN FC). “There will be changes in the squad. PSV will always go for the title but there is time enough.”

He added: "I am someone who likes to learn step by step and don't want to go too fast. I also think you're never too old to learn.

"I'm ready to take this step. It is a long-term thing but I am someone who, if he start something, wants to do well."

Educate yourself fool.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...boss-is-the-coming-man-of-european-management

Cocu immediately set about overhauling the squad, changing the profile of a club that had allowed itself to slip some way off the pace of Ajax, a club that made its famous Toekomst academy the central tenet of its footballing identity. The new coach promised that the club would again contend for the Eredivisie but that there might be some growing pains to endure first.

"We are going to build a new team,” Cocu said, relayed by the Associated Press (h/t ESPN FC). “There will be changes in the squad. PSV will always go for the title but there is time enough.”

He added: "I am someone who likes to learn step by step and don't want to go too fast. I also think you're never too old to learn.

"I'm ready to take this step. It is a long-term thing but I am someone who, if he start something, wants to do well."
Pretty much what Roberto is doing. Growing pains of a developing young squad.

You cant make up your mind whether you want Cocu or Coco the Clown. Just CHOOSE.

De Boer's been at Ajax as manager for about 6 seasons. I cant remember a strong link between him and any top European clubs - which is unsurprising when you see his poor CL and EL record with Ajax.

I have no idea where his credibility comes from. If you manage Ajax the bare minimum is to win the Eredivisie...and that's all he's achieved.

you saying he's the dutch neil lennon? :D

Avoids this thread since Mr Moshiri's arrival. Curiosity just gets the better of him.
Reads "Coco the Clown".
Goodbye.jpg

The media that we have in football are toxic. They hunt down those they perceive to be vulnerable in their jobs and pull together in unison to get a kill. Disgusting people. We saw it in the run up to the Chelsea cup tie in our local press (plagiarising geniuses like Prentice putting the boot in and contacting their former Echo stablemates now in the national press like the repugnant McNulty and Chris Bascombe) and then it's a stampede culminating in the insulting BBC match coverage on Saturday night that had the 'experts' questioning RMs position on about 10 different occasions before being piped right down with the result and the manner of it.

They've moved onto Wenger now...then after him some other poor bugger will be in their cross hairs. And the feeble minded in a club's support pick it up and run with it making it a self fulfilling prophecy.
I`m not a fan of the media, but what you are suggesting is not the case. The media have reacted to the reaction of fans - not vice versa.

I`m not a fan of the media, but what you are suggesting is not the case. The media have reacted to the reaction of fans - not vice versa.

No mate. The likes of McNulty and Prentice and a couple of national figures (like Merson who was at this last season) made it plain they didn't like Martinez a while ago. They then seized on fan disgruntlement and fed it back to them to ratchet up the pressure. They are opportunists determined to get a manager sacked. Laughable really, there's isn't a creative bone in amongst the lot of these hacks and 'experts' and they stand in judgement of a manager of Martinez's calibre.

No mate. The likes of McNulty and Prentice and a couple of national figures (like Merson who was at this last season) made it plain they didn't like Martinez a while ago. They then seized on fan disgruntlement and fed it back to them to ratchet up the pressure. They are opportunists determined to get a manager sacked. Laughable really, there's isn't a creative bone in amongst the lot of these hacks and 'experts' and they stand in judgement of a manager of Martinez's calibre.

Its true, everyone loved finishing bottom half last season until the media said it wasn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back