Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though the media were extremely rough on AVB but he comes across as a very cold fish and difficult for anyone to bond with. Lukaku hated him, he'd be a cert to walk if he came in.

AVB looked superb in old Russian uniform though so if his contract stated he had to wear that I might be tempted...

I'm with you there! :dance:

Don't remember Ranieri flopping at Chelsea and struggling at Spurs, can you remind me please.

You are using the theory that AVB should not be considered as a potential manager of Everton as he flopped at Chelsea and Spurs. My response was that you can not apply that theory as Ranieri has flopped in many jobs and is just about to win the premier league, it's not hard to figure out lad.

In any case, he missed out on CL football by a point on the last day of the season at Spurs so was very close to something decent which you can't actually class as struggling so your original statement was incorrect for that reason also.

You are using the theory that AVB should not be considered as a potential manager of Everton as he flopped at Chelsea and Spurs. My response was that you can not apply that theory as Ranieri has flopped in many jobs and is just about to win the premier league, it's not hard to figure out lad.

In any case, he missed out on CL football by a point on the last day of the season at Spurs so was very close to something decent which you can't actually class as struggling so your original statement was incorrect for that reason also.

Ranieri had success at Chelsea, improving them year on year.

AVB was over hyped due to the Jose links of Porto. He has had two attempts in the premier league with top clubs and failed with them both. Why would you want him??

Has anyone mentioned phillip cocu at psv?

Saw his psv side hold there own vrs a superior ath madrid team which shows he knows how to organise a team and set them up to be solid

Has won things with psv with a plan of bringing young players through and with some of our kids coming through he would give them a chance

He has played for some of the biggest teams in europe so should have contacts to teams such as barca, unlike that spanish bell who thinks he does cos he is spanish n tanned.

Has had to deal with losing wijnaldum & depay this year and is still sitting top of a league which was dominated by ajax until cocu came in

AVB was over hyped due to the Jose links of Porto. He has had two attempts in the premier league with top clubs and failed with them both. Why would you want him??

I'm not saying I personally would want him. But you seem to be missing the point or I am not explaining it very well. I am saying you cannot rule managers out who have failed in other jobs on that basis alone, as Ranieri is proving as he has failed in previous other jobs, that's all.

AVB's record at Spurs stands up very well compared to martinez at us mate, similar level of club - and he performed better by a way, so if he failed then waht does that tell you martinez is doing?

yup he failed at Chelsea as have many others

Not saying i would take him here as mixed emotions - he gets better results - but has ended up disliked hugely at any club he stayed at for more than a couple of years, Russian media and fans really don't like him - gets slated for negative football, basically we would be getting a Moyes style manager but one whod had success - not sure if he would be worth the tedium

Just woken up. Had the most ridiculously detailed and vivid dream that we appointed Mourinho. One of those where you wake up and it takes a second or two to resize it was a dream.

Feeling proper depressed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back