Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ? the fat bell who called Everton a small club ? Both him and Moyes burned bridges wuth things they said so no thanks

Much rather have Pellegrini then either of those two

I seem to be different to most football fans in that i don't hold grudges, its completely pointless. I have no dislike whatsoever towards Rooney either, just seems a bit silly being a grown man and getting upset and holding grudges just because someone once said something vaguely rude about the team you support.

Im not really into Peligrini, City should be dominating english football by now with the money they have spent but they aren't and they haven't looked anything special in ages now.

There is currently only dialogue with one manager and his representatives.

That is not De Boer.

Mate you are talking absolute tripe, you are getting more updates than the rest of the Everton board, Koeman still hasn't rejected the role, Emery through his chairman says he is happy, Pelligrini didn't interview well probably In the best ten managers at the moment.

De Boer hasn't even been interviewed yet

Moyes is one of the best managers around at what he does. We simply couldnt have got anybody better at the time in 2002 with the position we were in, he was great at getting the absolute best out of average players, and finding a few bargains from the lower leagues and abroad when we inevitably had to sell the players who thought they were too big for us. But as soon as he had turned us around and actually built a very good side...he didnt know how to approach things as anything but an underdog. And thats why he always had a glass ceiling. He is the kind of level of Allardyce, Martin O'Neil, Mark Hughes etc. Good managers at what they do, you'll likely never get relegated with them, and he'll build you a solid enough upper mid table side who can push for Europa League occasionally. They are managers of expectation, at clubs who simply dont believe they have any right to go any further than that. Bolton, Leicester (at the time O'Neil was there anyway!) Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland, Fulham etc. And then there are the likes of us, Villa and Newcastle, who should have greater expectations than that, but have gone through successions of mismanagement to the extent our expectations are now on the floor.

Villa was the club for Moyes to rebuild his reputation. When Sherwood got sacked I mean. He was hanging by a thread at Sociedad, and seemingly everybody but him knew the axe was dangling. I dont believe Villa would have gone down this season had he got the job early in the season, and he would now be at the beginning of a rebuilding job similar to the one he performed with us. Instead, he stuck it out with Sociedad, got sacked too late to take the Villa job and has been sat in limbo waiting for the mythical 'right job' ever since.

And it simply cant be us. To me, Moyes did a good job with us, but he had taken us as far as he was going to in 08/09. Every season after that, it felt like underachievement. We had 11 years of the same thing, knowing deep down full well that the long wait for a trophy was never going to end while he was in charge, and some good European aways every couple of seasons and the odd trip to Wembley being the absolute best we could ever hope for. Its a shame Martinez didnt have the personality to carry on what he did in his first season, because that was the first time in years Id believed the wait was coming to an end. Outplaying Arsenal twice, outplaying Liverpool (only for them to get their obligatory spawny last minute equaliser) winning at Old Trafford, a team full of belief and arrogance, we were desperate for a bit of that in Moyes' final few years. Because we had a lot of good players, and there were always chances to win cups under Moyes. Sadly Liverpool at Wembley became one of the defining games of his era. A totally predictable bottlejob in a huge game and a Derby, all rolled into one.

Moyes is one of the best managers around at what he does. We simply couldnt have got anybody better at the time in 2002 with the position we were in, he was great at getting the absolute best out of average players, and finding a few bargains from the lower leagues and abroad when we inevitably had to sell the players who thought they were too big for us. But as soon as he had turned us around and actually built a very good side...he didnt know how to approach things as anything but an underdog. And thats why he always had a glass ceiling. He is the kind of level of Allardyce, Martin O'Neil, Mark Hughes etc. Good managers at what they do, you'll likely never get relegated with them, and he'll build you a solid enough upper mid table side who can push for Europa League occasionally. They are managers of expectation, at clubs who simply dont believe they have any right to go any further than that. Bolton, Leicester (at the time O'Neil was there anyway!) Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland, Fulham etc. And then there are the likes of us, Villa and Newcastle, who should have greater expectations than that, but have gone through successions of mismanagement to the extent our expectations are now on the floor.

Villa was the club for Moyes to rebuild his reputation. When Sherwood got sacked I mean. He was hanging by a thread at Sociedad, and seemingly everybody but him knew the axe was dangling. I dont believe Villa would have gone down this season had he got the job early in the season, and he would now be at the beginning of a rebuilding job similar to the one he performed with us. Instead, he stuck it out with Sociedad, got sacked too late to take the Villa job and has been sat in limbo waiting for the mythical 'right job' ever since.

And it simply cant be us. To me, Moyes did a good job with us, but he had taken us as far as he was going to in 08/09. Every season after that, it felt like underachievement. We had 11 years of the same thing, knowing deep down full well that the long wait for a trophy was never going to end while he was in charge, and some good European aways every couple of seasons and the odd trip to Wembley being the absolute best we could ever hope for. Its a shame Martinez didnt have the personality to carry on what he did in his first season, because that was the first time in years Id believed the wait was coming to an end. Outplaying Arsenal twice, outplaying Liverpool (only for them to get their obligatory spawny last minute equaliser) winning at Old Trafford, a team full of belief and arrogance, we were desperate for a bit of that in Moyes' final few years. Because we had a lot of good players, and there were always chances to win cups under Moyes. Sadly Liverpool at Wembley became one of the defining games of his era. A totally predictable bottlejob in a huge game and a Derby, all rolled into one.
Sorry mate but I stopped reading after the first line.
Hope I didn't miss anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back