Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult to find a manager who fits that. The continental candidates are all working with DoFs who have a big role in signing players so unless we get of them in we don't know how they'd do with the money. I'd like us to get a DoF in 1st and then go for the manager.

Though personally the idea of DoF does not fascinate me, if it has to be done then its imperative the managers and DoF are on the same page. The manager should be taken into consensus about the potential DoF who should be brought in after the manager. That's how I feel it should be. Maybe it works some other way in practice.

Think there were a lot of reasons for that season - was the absolute definition of a poisoned chalice.

I remember he couldn't attract players at all was a big factor. He got Fellaini because booby didn't want him and Mata because it was a world cup year and wasn't playing at Chelsea.

After one season he was gone which shows he does not have it in him to go to the top level.

good manager just not a great one...sorry

It seems two of them want the job - De Boer publicly has declared he wants the job, and Pellegrini we guess wants the job. So it seems that Koeman is the key - if he stays at Soton then it will come down to the above two. Emery is an unknown at this stage as no official approach or contact has been confirmed.

All this talk of "no options left - it's Moyes" is horseshite. There are two that we know the club has spoken to, one that we haven't but has declared his interest and one that we haven't spoken to (and may or may not get in touch with). Plus there are others that we may not be aware of. The club is simply conducting it's business privately, we will find out who when we find out.

But....for avoidance of doubt....... IT WILL NOT BE MOYES! ;)

That's probably a fair summary of how things stand.

The job seems Koeman's to turn down.

Guess that Pellegrini is the fall-back, if a premium is placed on PL experience.

De Boer doing all he can to stay in the mix through himself/brother/agent.

Emery I fear is none other than a red herring.

Moyes, just go elsewhere my boy. Not at the races for this.

Would be amazed now if anyone other than RK/MP/FdB ended up in the role.

Jorge Sampaoli (ex-Chile boss) apparently doing the European tour on the look out for a job. He appears hardly to have been mentioned when we have had just about every other wannabe (or notme-me) put in the frame. Not a bad managerial record and an advocate of the Bielsa style.

NB. first saw his name pop up in another blues forum so not taking taking any credit for this, just saying like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back